Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 08:43 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

This: 887 reports from visitors to KY state parks in 2018 of 'bipedal dogs/wolves' (within the parks

Well...the mystery deepens!

I was expecting a clear, ('black and white, yes or no') answer from my friends son in law, who works for KY fish and wildlife. He has never heard of this, but he did some asking around with fellow employees, who had been there longer than he had...

He told me Ky F&W has EKU extension office, helping to investigate this phenomena, he said they received 887 reports from visitors to KY state parks in 2018 of 'bipedal dogs/wolves' (within the parks).

He said the EKU Ext co op call them 'Nagels', (or something like that??)...Does that ring any bells for anyone?

I did do some searching on EKUs extension office, but there is nothing on there about this subject.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unex...-weeks-20.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 08:55 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This: 887 reports from visitors to KY state parks in 2018 of 'bipedal dogs/wolves' (within the parks

I was expecting a clear, ('black and white, yes or no') answer from my friends son in law, who works for KY fish and wildlife. He has never heard of this, but he did some asking around with fellow employees, who had been there longer than he had...

He told me Ky F&W has EKU extension office, helping to investigate this phenomena, he said they received 887 reports from visitors to KY state parks in 2018 of 'bipedal dogs/wolves' (within the parks).

He said the EKU Ext co op call them 'Nagels', (or something like that??)...Does that ring any bells for anyone?

I did do some searching on EKUs extension office, but there is nothing on there about this subject.

I am guessing a game warden is having a little fun with someone.

Do you have a link to these supposed 887 reports?

Old 01-25-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I am guessing a game warden is having a little fun with someone.

Do you have a link to these supposed 887 reports?
No Sam. Ask 62

Old 01-26-2020, 04:41 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Maybe try the Kentucky section of the forum. With 887 supposed sighting someone that lives there would have had to see these dogman/bigfoot creatures if real. Moderator note: thread moved.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-26-2020 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-26-2020, 04:47 PM

Go for it.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:15 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Oh, yay! I guess you are discussing Kentucky’s equivalent of Big Foot. I assume someone is yanking your chain.

The Bizarre Beast of the Land Between the Lakes

Old 01-27-2020, 12:12 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, yay! I guess you are discussing Kentucky’s equivalent of Big Foot. I assume someone is yanking your chain.

The Bizarre Beast of the Land Between the Lakes
No, this is 'Dogman' sightings, the ones Ive read are coming from Daniel Boone National Forest.

One of my best friends has a daughter that is married to a KY state fish and game official, Since I have been looking into 'Dogman' cases, I asked him about all these sightings in KY and those in the state parks...he is the one that told me they have received 887 sighting reports of bipedal dogs/wolves, and also that EKU extension is looking into the phenomena.

At first I believed these things were real, but recently Im beginning to doubt it, I think the sightings are probably mis identifications of some other animal, however Im keeping an open mind, Ive been in contact with a guy that lives in Southern OH, and Ive been to his house on one occasion, he claims to have alot of activity on the property around his house, (also claims Bigfoot are common here), to his credit, he does have a considerable amount of pictures of 'something large', the clearest one I saw, it looked like a Gorilla on all fours, but Im planning to go back to his property in the spring, when I have more time to spend there, in this part of southern OH...in the winter time...there should NOT be anything large (except for deer) running around the forested areas, we do not have wolves, and coyotes are much smaller than whats being reported.

Ultimately, Im about 95% sure they are mis identifications, but that other 5% is keeping me interested.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:14 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Calipari's replacement?

Old 01-27-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, this is 'Dogman' sightings, the ones Ive read are coming from Daniel Boone National Forest.

One of my best friends has a daughter that is married to a KY state fish and game official, Since I have been looking into 'Dogman' cases, I asked him about all these sightings in KY and those in the state parks...he is the one that told me they have received 887 sighting reports of bipedal dogs/wolves, and also that EKU extension is looking into the phenomena.

At first I believed these things were real, but recently Im beginning to doubt it, I think the sightings are probably mis identifications of some other animal, however Im keeping an open mind, Ive been in contact with a guy that lives in Southern OH, and Ive been to his house on one occasion, he claims to have alot of activity on the property around his house, (also claims Bigfoot are common here), to his credit, he does have a considerable amount of pictures of 'something large', the clearest one I saw, it looked like a Gorilla on all fours, but Im planning to go back to his property in the spring, when I have more time to spend there, in this part of southern OH...in the winter time...there should NOT be anything large (except for deer) running around the forested areas, we do not have wolves, and coyotes are much smaller than whats being reported.

Ultimately, Im about 95% sure they are mis identifications, but that other 5% is keeping me interested.

Be skeptical and assume nothing. You will be amazed at how well you can see on a moonlit night in the winter.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:50 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
"Bipedal Dog" was the name of my Poidog Pondering tribute band.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: