Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 12:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Good heavens, I just Googled "Kentucky dogman" and am amazed at all the hits!
Forget urban legends - we got ourselves a real live rural legend right here in Kentucky!
Yep, these things are seen all over KY!

There have been a few n the northern part of the state (where I live), but not nearly as many as some other counties have. Below is one of the reports from Kenton County, KY, from 2013, this happened in Covington, KY. The area this person is talking about is the Fidelity Investments campus.
Quote:
I used to work about 30 miles away from where I live. One night, I had been stuck in heavy traffic, coming home. I take Lasix, so after awhile, I really had to go to the bathroom. I kept telling myself that I was almost home and tried to hold it until I got there. By the time I got to my exit, I knew I wasn’t going to make it to my house, so I pulled up to an area where Fidelity Investments is located and found an area that was isolated. This area is heavily wooded, with walking trails and a lot of game, but it is also in a very populated area. I pulled up a little side-drive, off one of the main roads. That little drive is about 100 feet long, with only room for 1 car. It went up in elevation and had bushes on the right side, facing the main road. On the left side, there was a guardrail and a view of the valley below. The area up there is huge and isolated, with several buildings that are all spaced out. The place is dark at night because there are intermittent street lights up there. At night it’s pretty deserted too. A few cars go through that area, though, because it’s a shortcut people use to go from Taylor Mill over to 3L highway, where there are stores, restaurants, etc. When you’re up there, you’re above everything around this area.

When I stopped, I got out of my car, waited a moment and looked around, to make sure there were no other cars. It was winter, so the bushes between where I was and the road below me didn’t have many leaves on them. Because of that, you could see right through them. I was up on this little rise, about 20 or 30 feet above the drive, which was 4 lanes wide. To the left of me was a street light and more woods that went down another hill, to the main road. I went to the back of my car and did what I had to do. When I finished, I stood up and all at once, every hair on my body stood up. I knew I wasn’t alone. I scanned the area in front of me and must have heard something behind me because I turned around and there were 3 deer standing there, all huddled up together, between my car and the guardrail. They weren’t looking at me. They were looking across the road. I looked back over there and that was when I saw a figure standing between the bushes in front of it and the tree line behind it. It was huge! I stand 5’5. Some of those bushes were about 6-feet tall, but they only came up to about the collarbone area on this thing. Due to the street light, to the right of it, about 20 ft. away, I was able to get a pretty clean outline of this thing. It had a large dog-shaped head and pointed ears. I couldn’t make out its neck, but I could make out massive shoulders. That’s when it growled. It was a deep vibration I could feel in my chest. My body just took over at that point.

I have to explain this part of it to you. I worked security for years, in California, in the music business. As a woman, I have to really work out and train to defend myself. I kicked boxed for 8 years and worked out every day. I also train dogs. Mainly Anatolian Shepherds and German Shepherds. Sometimes, I have to establish who is the alpha and to do that, I get them down, hold them in place, grab them by their ear and growl until they submit. Then the training can start. So, when this thing growled at me, it was just pure instinct. I dropped down to a crouching position and growled, right back at it. When I did that, it stopped growling and started sniffing the air. Its snout went up and it turned its head slightly as it was sniffing. It then took a few steps forward. I was still crouched down, on all 4’s and moved forward, still growling at the thing. When I did that, it stopped. I stood up and kept staring right at it. I never broke eye contact with it. Then, it slowly stepped back into the tree line, until I couldn’t make it out as clearly as before and started to move to the right of me. The deer were still behind me. They were so close I could have reached out and touched them. I waved my arms and told them to get out of there. When I did that, they went back over the guardrail and took off down the hill. That’s when I jumped in my car and got out of there as fast as I could. I felt this thing was trying to circle behind me and I wasn’t going to wait around for that! Do I think I scared it? NO. But, I do think I confused it for a couple of minutes and that gave me time to move.

I told my husband about what had happened up there, but I didn’t tell him exactly what I saw. He would think I was nuts and to be honest, I thought I was a little crazy myself until I saw a picture of a Dogman. I know there are other things in this world that can’t be explained. I’ve seen them. But, this was beyond any of those things.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-05-2020 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 04:31 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Google "Hillbilly Beast". I was flipping channels one day and happened upon a show called Monster Quest, and they talked about the Hillbilly Beast of Eastern Kentucky.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:56 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Good heavens, I just Googled "Kentucky dogman" and am amazed at all the hits!

Forget urban legends - we got ourselves a real live rural legend right here in Kentucky!
You can find anything on the internet. Is this something you or anybody that you know has ever seen or even heard of in real life?

Old 02-04-2020, 02:48 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Google "Hillbilly Beast". I was flipping channels one day and happened upon a show called Monster Quest, and they talked about the Hillbilly Beast of Eastern Kentucky.
Yah, I know the Hillbilly Beast....we're double first cousins...

Old 02-07-2020, 01:35 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
You can find anything on the internet. Is this something you or anybody that you know has ever seen or even heard of in real life?
Nope, I never heard of the "Kentucky Dogman" until this thread, and I am a born and bred Kentuckian (who's well-aware that the Internet includes a lot of fantastical things, not to term such as "fake"). But fact, fantasy, or fakery, the Internet includes a lot of sites about the Dogman. Readers can decide for themselves what to believe and what to admire - or not - as creative writing, or efforts to spread scary rumors.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:36 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Yah, i know the hillbilly beast....we're double first cousins...

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-09-2020 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting .... then it went wonky on me .... sorry

Old 02-08-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Nope, I never heard of the "Kentucky Dogman" until this thread, and I am a born and bred Kentuckian (who's well-aware that the Internet includes a lot of fantastical things, not to term such as "fake"). But fact, fantasy, or fakery, the Internet includes a lot of sites about the Dogman. Readers can decide for themselves what to believe and what to admire - or not - as creative writing, or efforts to spread scary rumors.
Well, I recently went up to a guys house near Brown County in Southern OH, he claims there are Bogfoot and Dogmen on the property, he has numerous encounters with both, he also has pictures, but the clearest one I saw, it looks like a big gorilla, down on all fours. Im supposed to go back in the Spring, when its warmer and I have more time.

I also know someone who works for KY fish and wildlife, and I asked him about this recently, he said EKU cooperative Extension is helping to investigate this phenomena, They have had 887 sighting reports in KY state parks of this creature.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:20 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, I recently went up to a guys house near Brown County in Southern OH, he claims there are Bogfoot and Dogmen on the property, he has numerous encounters with both, he also has pictures, but the clearest one I saw, it looks like a big gorilla, down on all fours. Im supposed to go back in the Spring, when its warmer and I have more time.

I also know someone who works for KY fish and wildlife, and I asked him about this recently, he said EKU cooperative Extension is helping to investigate this phenomena, They have had 887 sighting reports in KY state parks of this creature.
Is there any real proof of this at all in any form? Those #s seem really high for nobody in the Kentucky section to have never even heard of the creature.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Is there any real proof of this at all in any form? Those #s seem really high for nobody in the Kentucky section to have never even heard of the creature.
Well, KY has a lot of people, there are maybe a handful on CD.

Ive thought about going to other hunting/ fishing, or hiking forums and see if there are people from KY that may know about this. (thats usually the people that see these things, hunters, hikers, fishing, or people out in the woods for some reason).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: