Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 PM

54 posts, read 98,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw87a View Post
you should do that. after watching this video, it would be okay with me.

YouTube - Obama faces racism in West Virginia
I will never ever ever understand how people can be so CLOSED MINDED just because of the color of someone's skin or their religious choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Obama does not care about people living in the states he cannot win. What a concept huh?
Oddly enough, that's how MOST politicians approach campaigning. I can imagine it's much like not wanting to watch the first round of March Madness because most of the teams will be trampled-what's the point?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OboroCatfan View Post
One must remember that liberals such as the author of the story in question want everyone to be "tolerant" of every one else yet liberals are the least "tolerant" people. If you dont agree with them they will more than happily tag you with a name like racist, bigot, homophobe and the like. How dare you disagree with the self-anointed.

Besides losing Louisville wouldnt be that big of a deal. Then Kentucky could move the Kentucky Derby to where all the horses are - in Lexington. Then what would the people of Louisville do instead?? They seem to always need help from UK for their basketball program whether its signing a former coach of Kentucky or bringing in former players to help teach their players how to play basketball. LOL

I have driven through Louisville but never stopped. I am sure its a wonderful city - once you get into the suburbs. Too many lunatic liberals in the city for this conservative/moderate person.
Horses are ALL OVER Kentucky-not just camping out on every front lawn in Lexington. In fact, I see more horses driving through Louisville than the many times I've been through Lexington-maybe I'm just traveling on the wrong side of town???

Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 AM

More thoughts in bold...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInUSA View Post
I don't have a thing against gay people, but you could turn everything he said about smokers around and mention the health costs because of AIDS. No, gays aren't the only people who have AIDS, but they are, by far, the majority. I actually have an article on Uganda where the people refused to accept homosexuals, period, and their statistics on AIDS are unbelieveable when you compare to before and after they made homosexuality illegal. AIDS went down to almost nothing as compared to before. I am certain Louisville has more gays than rural Kentucky. I hate to go that route and I feel it's just as ridiculous and pathetic as what he said about smoking and the rural people of Kentucky, but sometimes you have to give them a taste of their own medicine to wake arrogant, extremists like this up to reality.

Yanno, when you put it that way...it makes a bit more sense and I think I'd like to retract my previous statement. Oh wait. I do not believe ANYONE would INTENTIONALLY have sex (gay or straight) with someone they KNEW to have AIDS. On the contrary, someone who smokes; someone who INTENTIONALLY lights that cigarette knows there is a chance-a HUGE change-they can get cancer if they continue to smoke for long periods of time. That smoking causes other health problems besides cancer. That it causes your skin to age and wrinkle. YES.

And please, don't tell me someone has a choice to have protected or unprotected sex. The only 100% protection is to not have sex-and PLEASE don't start by quoting the bible to tell me gay sex is wrong. I'm just pointing out a huge difference in the cigarette tax and flipping it around to eliminating gays bc it will eliminate AIDS. Sounds like something from the early 90's.

Pretty soon this country is going to become a Communist country with everyone trying to tell everyone how to live their lives. Soon people like this will be trying to tell people what to eat and how much of it to eat and that they have to exercise so many hours a day, etc. I mean, where does this maddness end??? Yes, smoking is horrible for people, but do we and should we really have a right to tell people how to live their lives? If so, then we should make people stop drinking and a long list of other things, too. Maybe we should even stop people that have a lot of inherited health problems from having children. This could be endless and I think by forcing people to quit smoking that they are just opening up a can of worms.

I don't believe taxing cigarettes higher has anything to do with telling people they can't smoke. If the tax is so high they can't afford it-they either get better paying jobs or quit. No different than if I want to buy clothes at the Mall instead of Walmart. No different from growing up on wild game instead of good ole beef. You buy what you can afford. If it costs too much-tough. I don't see how that is telling someone they can't do what they want to do though.

I'm just going to have to go cool down for a little while. And I agree, this man needs to move to San Fransisco or somewhere else if he isn't happy in Kentucky. I have a feeling, though, this type of person would never be happy anywhere simply because, as long as this is a free country, there are always going to be people who do not agree with him on how to live their lives. I think that's very, very sad.

I believe EVERYONE should be allowed to live their lives the way they want to live them-UNLESS their beliefs infringe on the rights and beliefs of another person.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Except for a few years as a child and a short stint in N. Carolina, I have lived in Louisville my entire life, and hated it. There are more reasons than I care to list, but after thinking of them, I realized the LEO article attacked the very things about rural life I am petrified of entering.

My husband & I plan to move an hour outside of Louisville-any direction, which would include Indiana-and my biggest fears are that we will choose an area where the teachers can't write a proper sentence, people will judge me because of my LACK of religious beliefs or that I'll require 20 stitches because I couldn't keep my mouth shut over someone's gay bashing comments.

I find all that here, in Louisville. But in small town, Kentucky-I believe it will be more prevalent. At least we'll have some land to find solace!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 AM

844 posts, read 2,092,892 times
Obama will be the nail in America's coffin, if he doesn't change his ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I believe in the dignity of working people and believe in labor unions, high wages and single payer health care. I believe every working person should have a safe and good paying job.

I'm also against abortion and gun control and wouldn't give a nickel to people who won't work (which is not the same as "can't work" or "unemployed").

It's because of snotty "social liberals" the we economic liberals have a hard time getting our message out. I don't think the person that wrote that article was liberal at all.
You sound like a confused Republican People should have good jobs because they deserve them. This is what Republicans believe in. Democrats feel that work is for "rich people" to do, while they smoke weed & kill babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky