U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 07:03 AM

15,899 posts, read 11,704,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMaureen View Post
It was an MLS fee, my license was up to date with the state and with insurance. They punished me as the receptionist for not being able to afford the MLS fee. It was a fee that needed to be paid to be able to use the MLS, which is not a requirement of the state, just of the office to be able to be affiliated with that MLS. I had 2 positions, first the receptionist and then i obtained my license, which was not a requirement of being the receptionist. Just something i did on my own to help make more money. But my husband was a ft college student, so not working, which meant i had the only income for the home. I used the money made from the commissions earned to pay bills.
Unfortunately belonging to the MLS, and paying for it yourself, is considered a standard requirement in the Real Estate industry. If I understood your first post correctly, they were still willing to allow you to do the lower paying, less available hours job that you were initially hired to do. What they weren’t willing to do was the higher paying job that involved commission and, as tends to be an industry standard, a full license with MLS access. The expectation was that you would put aside a portion of those commissions you earned to pay for your licensing fees, including MLS membership. There are functions of the job you are not capable of doing without MLS access, which is why they won the appeal.

I agree the MLS fees are ridiculously high, and in many ways amount to your job being held hostage, but it is a WELL known negative with being in the Real Estate profession. I find it difficult to believe you hadn’t heard multiple complaints about it by other agents prior to obtaining your license.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or