Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 11:24 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
There’s some follow up story though about how his wife says when he was in the hospital he was never even tested. So they truly don’t believe that he has it.
Why didn't they test him before he left the Hospital? They have been testing for weeks, at least at the Hospitals I am acquainted with. Now, if he refused to be tested, that's another subject.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 04:01 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Why didn't they test him before he left the Hospital? They have been testing for weeks, at least at the Hospitals I am acquainted with. Now, if he refused to be tested, that's another subject.

According to a local radio station he left the hospital against medical advice while they were waiting for the test to arrive - and yes, they really do think he has it.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:17 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
According to a local radio station he left the hospital against medical advice while they were waiting for the test to arrive - and yes, they really do think he has it.
Well then, he should face some consequences...I can't say what that should be but, I will say it's not the time to be an ASS.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:03 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And that makes perfect sense. I knew that there was more to the wife's story of "he wasn't even tested"

Hopefully, they send this guy the bill for the police resources being used to keep an eye on him

Old 03-17-2020, 09:14 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
just a reminder, a friend of mine who has serious health problems was waiting in line at a store yesterday, here in town, when 2 young girls, college students, or high school, were standing behind her mocking her....so she could hear, b/c she had on a mask....and believe me, this person has serious health problems....and yet, she does so much for others.....she is an amazing woman.

I think during these scary times, it would be very nice time to discuss with your kids why people wear masks....and it is unacceptable and hateful to mock others....during family time....

My friend was very hurt....and yes, it's easy to say ignore the morons, but when it's you, and someone is openly and hatefully mocking you, it becomes a whole different story.

I would also suggest, while your kids are home, and complaining they don't have anything to do, it's time to turn this whole thing into something positive....teach them to clean, to cook, to shop, and to call their elderly grand parents and ask them if they could stop and pick something up at the store for them....or maybe call them just to talk to them....lets all do something kind for one another by teaching our kids to be a lot more conscience of others....? Just a thought.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:16 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default Deputies monitoring..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
just a reminder, a friend of mine who has serious health problems was waiting in line at a store yesterday, when 2 young girls, college students, or high school, were standing behind her mocking her....so she could hear, b/c she had on a mask....

I think during these scary times, it would be very nice time to discuss with your kids why people wear masks....

My friend was very hurt....and yes, it's easy to say ignore the morons, but when it's you, and someone is openly and hatefully mocking you, it becomes a whole different story.

I would also suggest, while your kids are home, and complaining they don't have anything to do, it's time to turn this whole thing into something positive....teach them to clean, to cook, to shop, and to call their elderly grand parents and ask them if they could stop and pick something up at the store for them....or maybe call them just to talk to them....lets all do something kind for one another by teaching our kids to be a lot more conscience of others....? Just a thought.

Yours is a very thoughtful & helpful post, my friend!

We should all be as straight forward, considerate & helpful when posting about this or any other topic.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:53 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
just a reminder, a friend of mine who has serious health problems was waiting in line at a store yesterday, here in town, when 2 young girls, college students, or high school, were standing behind her mocking her....so she could hear, b/c she had on a mask....and believe me, this person has serious health problems....and yet, she does so much for others.....she is an amazing woman.

I think during these scary times, it would be very nice time to discuss with your kids why people wear masks....and it is unacceptable and hateful to mock others....during family time....

Can't rep you now, but would if I could!

Just remembered my town has a paper distributor - called, and yes, they had TP. Most of their customers are businesses, but they sell to individuals, although you have to pick up the order yourself. However, they will carry purchases out to your car.

So - one less thing to fret over. I'll pick up my order later this afternoon.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:42 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I don't understand, why they are doing this, when all those people are down in Florida on the beach for spring break? I mean, don't you believe that defeats the whole purpose of this, plus opens up the spread of the virus more so?

Old 03-18-2020, 08:58 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Maybe a small amount of good news regarding the virus and KY. From this graph taken from the Covid-19 sticky in the upper right hand corner of CD pages, Kentucky has the most number of icu beds available per vulnerable population. More than any other state. I'm praying they won't be needed.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:27 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Two more infected idiots here in our beloved commonwealth have also rejected orders to stay indoors. What's it gonna take??

They should be forced to watch Gov. Andy Beshear's evening updates (that's not a punishment, I hasten to add, Andy is great!) for forced enlightenment, and to write a five page paper on corona virus and how it spreads and what should be done to flatten the curve...

Just heard that the Red River Gorge and both of Lexington's natural areas, Raven Run and McConnell Springs are now , due to throngs of visitors (and campers at the gorge) failing to keep a proper distance from one another. Some playground equipment is being removed from city parks, to prevent basketball games and tennis (tennis seems less problematic, unless the ball is "infected"). Even the Lexington Cemetery has been overwhelmed with great numbers of visitors, as it is quite lovely in the spring, with many blooming trees, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: