U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 10:06 PM

8,209 posts, read 13,697,222 times

Advertisements

I'm not all that paranoid about it as some people are. Yes, I know it can be dangerous and, yes, I know you need to be careful. But, until the governor says so, I'm getting out sometime during the day. Usually I just go through a drive through for lunch or supper to help support the local eateries during all this. I even take trips to Walmart, but I wipe off my cart handle and don't stand too close to anybody. With the temps hitting 80 tomorrow, my fishing poles and I are headed to either Kentucky Lake or Kentucky Dam. There will be plenty of people out fishing, like last week when I went over, but everybody keeps their distance. Hell, I can't even get a fish closer than 6 feet of me! But I know people who are freaking out over all this. There was something in this country for a long time called common sense that helped keep people from catching much of this. But common sense hadn't been seen much in a long long time.

Our Walmart, and I've heard of others, have marked off every 6 feet at the register so you can keep your distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 05:28 PM

17,114 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I'm not all that paranoid about it as some people are. Yes, I know it can be dangerous and, yes, I know you need to be careful. But, until the governor says so, I'm getting out sometime during the day. Usually I just go through a drive through for lunch or supper to help support the local eateries during all this. I even take trips to Walmart, but I wipe off my cart handle and don't stand too close to anybody. With the temps hitting 80 tomorrow, my fishing poles and I are headed to either Kentucky Lake or Kentucky Dam. There will be plenty of people out fishing, like last week when I went over, but everybody keeps their distance. Hell, I can't even get a fish closer than 6 feet of me! But I know people who are freaking out over all this. There was something in this country for a long time called common sense that helped keep people from catching much of this. But common sense hadn't been seen much in a long long time.

Our Walmart, and I've heard of others, have marked off every 6 feet at the register so you can keep your distance.
Did you listen to the Governors press conf today?

I think KY will issue the 'stay at home' order sunday, to go into effect Monday 30th, he didnt really give time tables, but said KY is going to have to dig deeper these next 3-4 weeks, (thats a pretty good sign, things are about to get tougher).

Nothing wrong with fishing at all, as long as people are not close together.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:13 PM

149 posts, read 149,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
When all this is over and it's OK to touch people again, I might try to give the Walmart workers a big pat on the back for doing their best during all this
Amen to that, gman!!
They are doing the best they can, and I am sure to tell them; "Thank You for coming in, and doing what you are doing. It makes a HUGE difference for people right now"!

Old 03-31-2020, 02:35 PM

912 posts, read 1,354,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMan73 View Post
Amen to that, gman!!
They are doing the best they can, and I am sure to tell them; "Thank You for coming in, and doing what you are doing. It makes a HUGE difference for people right now"!
MoMan! I'm glad to hear from ye! Are you all doing well?

Old 04-01-2020, 06:08 AM

15,455 posts, read 969,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I saw a younger pregnant lady in our store in Covington the other day, we were quite busy at the time, she was standing in line (roughly 15-18" from people in front of and in back of her)...to buy lottery and a pack of donuts!! I looked at her and shook my head!

One of our managers last week, at a store I was in, anytime he saw people standing close together in line, he would loudly announce to them that there was a 6ft social distancing order in effect in the state, if they didnt comply, they would not be served...get this, some of the people laughed and shook their head, one guy says "where do you want us to stand"...(Can the public really be this dumb? ) LOL

**and keep in mind, these people were not standing in line for groceries or medicine, they were in line to buy cigarettes, lottery, chips, soda, beer, snacks, etc!!
The store sells it. They buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or