U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 09:56 AM

17,062 posts, read 4,638,615 times

Advertisements

... where social distancing rules are not being followed!

We all need to remember these businesses, and how they put everyone in danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 01:40 PM

13,485 posts, read 8,306,666 times
You're, expecting an extra layer of absolute, and false security no business or government can afford to provide.

I can offer no easy answer for those whom biology and demographics have placed "closer to the fringes" (and BTW, I'm one of them).

Reason -- not regulation -- will get most of us through this overhyped scare.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-24-2020 at 01:53 PM..

Old 03-24-2020, 03:43 PM

8,198 posts, read 13,692,620 times
That's why some of these businesses are hiring more people. They have them walking through the store with a 6 foot long stick. If he measures the space between any two people and they're less than 6 feet apart, he's to call the police and have them arrested.

In other words...paranoia rules!

Old 03-24-2020, 06:13 PM

912 posts, read 1,353,808 times
I know a feller that went to the Costco in Lexton the other day, and they were limiting the number of people that went into the store. So, they were all piled up outside waiting to get in....imagine that!

Does anyone, besides me, ever wonder how some folks would survive in a real emergency? Somehow, I don't think turley paper would be on my list of to things to gather up.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
That's why some of these businesses are hiring more people. They have them walking through the store with a 6 foot long stick. If he measures the space between any two people and they're less than 6 feet apart, he's to call the police and have them arrested.

In other words...paranoia rules!
Hey gman, I went to the pharmacy the other day, and they did have in fact, red X's on the floor at the entrance at what appeared to be 6 ft. apart. But, I did not see the National Guard anywhere in sight.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
I know a feller that went to the Costco in Lexton the other day, and they were limiting the number of people that went into the store. So, they were all piled up outside waiting to get in....imagine that!

Does anyone, besides me, ever wonder how some folks would survive in a real emergency? Somehow, I don't think turley paper would be on my list of to things to gather up.

I saw a younger pregnant lady in our store in Covington the other day, we were quite busy at the time, she was standing in line (roughly 15-18" from people in front of and in back of her)...to buy lottery and a pack of donuts!! I looked at her and shook my head!

One of our managers last week, at a store I was in, anytime he saw people standing close together in line, he would loudly announce to them that there was a 6ft social distancing order in effect in the state, if they didnt comply, they would not be served...get this, some of the people laughed and shook their head, one guy says "where do you want us to stand"...(Can the public really be this dumb? ) LOL

**and keep in mind, these people were not standing in line for groceries or medicine, they were in line to buy cigarettes, lottery, chips, soda, beer, snacks, etc!!

Old 03-24-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Hey gman, I went to the pharmacy the other day, and they did have in fact, red X's on the floor at the entrance at what appeared to be 6 ft. apart. But, I did not see the National Guard anywhere in sight.
We got the order to put 6ft markers on our floor yesterday from the state, and actually the health dept told us, if people are not complying after being asked, we can contact police...point is, THIS IS SERIOUS, THESE IDIOTS ARE ENDANGERING OTHERS WITH THEIR BEHAVIOR, so that takes it to a whole other level.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:29 PM

8,198 posts, read 13,692,620 times
We went to the first "senior shopping hour" at Walmart this morning. Every Tuesday from 6-7 AM. Pretty good turnout today but everybody acted decent. There were plenty of empty shelves but we found everything we needed and we didn't hoard anything.
As far as the 6 ft. markings, the pharmacy had a sign up showing 6 feet.
When all this is over and it's OK to touch people again, I might try to give the Walmart workers a big pat on the back for doing their best during all this

Old 03-24-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
We went to the first "senior shopping hour" at Walmart this morning. Every Tuesday from 6-7 AM. Pretty good turnout today but everybody acted decent. There were plenty of empty shelves but we found everything we needed and we didn't hoard anything.
When all this is over and it's OK to touch people again, I might try to give the Walmart workers a big pat on the back for doing their best during all this
You're right gman, those people have worked their butt's off. I know a young man (my Grandson) that works for an independent grocery store here in town. He has been working a lot, under stressful circumstances but, went on without a complaint. I'm proud of him!

Old 03-25-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I have a sneaky feeling, this social distancing is here to stay.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see states make a bigger deal with the flu each year too, from now on, (closing down non-essential businesses and such), I think this may happen every year after we get thru this, (if society does come back from this....I still have my doubts about that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or