Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 08:26 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post

https://www.wkyt.com/2020/11/25/busi...KdBDmzVA9ghP5A

https://www.lex18.com/news/coronavir...XHxaQKyutItsww

https://www.wkyt.com/2020/11/23/loca...s-new-mandate/

The cost of education is getting expensive for little Andy...but, as I always say, "The best lesson learned are those you learn the hard way".
You lose anyone close to you yet to this virus?

I wonder if you be doing somersaults and dancing a *** then...

Quote:

And what does this have to do with Kentucky, you ask, just keep reading.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...bPU-lHw4ticivY

Conspiracy Forum is down the hall and next to the dumpster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 05:24 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You lose anyone close to you yet to this virus?

I wonder if you be doing somersaults and dancing a *** then...

Thank you. My family lost a very dear member a little over a month ago, and it doesn't lessen the pain to see the more fortunate make light of this hideous disease and the tragedies it continues to cause each day.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-29-2020 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 12-01-2020, 05:51 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
Gov Beshear intends to prioritize long term care facility workers and residents over hospital workers for vaccination against coronavirus.

"Gov. Andy Beshear of Kentucky said on Monday that most of his state’s initial allocation would go to residents and employees of long-term care facilities, with a smaller amount going to hospital workers."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/h...gtype=Homepage

It's clear to most states that healthcare workers, who are risking their lives to treat coronavirus patients every day, should be first immunized. I understand that residents of nursing homes have been hard hit by infection, but their risk is the same as any resident of any facility - prisons, psych hospitals, rehab facilities, nursing homes. They are all at risk by virtue of living in an institution. Whereas hospital workers who work caring for coronavirus patients, or cleaning their units, are voluntarily putting themselves at the highest risk in order to help coronavirus patients. Clearly, they should be the first immunized! Honestly, if I were working in a Kentucky hospital on a coronavirus ward or in the ER, I'd take leave of absence from the day that the immunization became available, and was prioritized to nursing homes over hospital workers, until the day it was directed to hospital workers. Residents of institutions don't have a choice in the matter, but hospital workers voluntarily CHOOSE to put themselves at risk, in order to save others. They should come first.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Gov Beshear intends to prioritize long term care facility workers and residents over hospital workers for vaccination against coronavirus.

"Gov. Andy Beshear of Kentucky said on Monday that most of his state’s initial allocation would go to residents and employees of long-term care facilities, with a smaller amount going to hospital workers."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/h...gtype=Homepage

It's clear to most states that healthcare workers, who are risking their lives to treat coronavirus patients every day, should be first immunized. I understand that residents of nursing homes have been hard hit by infection, but their risk is the same as any resident of any facility - prisons, psych hospitals, rehab facilities, nursing homes. They are all at risk by virtue of living in an institution. Whereas hospital workers who work caring for coronavirus patients, or cleaning their units, are voluntarily putting themselves at the highest risk in order to help coronavirus patients. Clearly, they should be the first immunized! Honestly, if I were working in a Kentucky hospital on a coronavirus ward or in the ER, I'd take leave of absence from the day that the immunization became available, and was prioritized to nursing homes over hospital workers, until the day it was directed to hospital workers. Residents of institutions don't have a choice in the matter, but hospital workers voluntarily CHOOSE to put themselves at risk, in order to save others. They should come first.
This is the right call, I am very appreciative that he is going this route. While nursing home residents risk of contracting the disease is probably comparable to those on other facilities, their risk of dying or requiring intensive intervention is SIGNIFICANTLY higher. Additionally, the data supports a striking increase in the geriatric version of failure to thrive which in turn has led to an increase in residents dying from a “broken heart” - it’s in the category of those deaths associated with the lockdowns that medical professionals outside of the infectious disease speciality keep whispering about.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:21 PM

It's a terrible choice to have to make. However, nursing home residents are older and frequently have secondary underlying conditions placing them at much higher risk than others who live communally - college students, prisoners, etc. A very high percentage of Kentucky's deaths from Covid-19 have been nursing home residents. So I can understand the reasoning, though I hope that medical professionals and others working in the medical field who are likely to come in contact with Covid patients will follow rapidly.

Pfizer's vaccine will be the first administered here, it appears, with the Moderna vaccine following within about three weeks. So if those three weeks can be survived, the next in line for the shots can heave sighs of relief.

It appears that I may be in the third class for vaccine administration. As of now and with what we now know, I'll happily take whichever vaccine is offered to me, and hope I and others in my category (older, underlying condition which raises risks) won't have to wait too long to be inoculated. I can't wait to resume the patterns of my previous life again (but obviously, I will have to wait...).

Old 12-08-2020, 11:13 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,393 times
I expect nothing less from little Andy, he needs to take his sippy cup and go lay down somewhere. As I said before "It's all politics from here on out" and it was/is...

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...Xwkv7M8id8xo9w

Old 12-08-2020, 07:29 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
I expect nothing less from little Andy, he needs to take his sippy cup and go lay down somewhere. As I said before "It's all politics from here on out" and it was/is...

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...Xwkv7M8id8xo9w

The kids NEED to be back in school. All of them. Child experts have been raising the alarm since last Spring and the data supports it - children are being put at far more risk from school closures than they ever faced from Covid. The data shows we are sacrificing our children’s wellbeing and it is becoming increasing clear the data also shows doing so has dubious impact on preventing the spread of the virus. Apparently, we are not supposed to listen to the science when it comes to schools.

I am disappointment in Governor Beshear on this closure. He needs to listen to health professionals and protect the children instead capitulating to the unions - JCTA, in particular.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:08 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
All I hear from Republican fans is about what the governor is doing. But I haven't heard a single Republican suggestion on what to do to fight this virus. But I forgot that most of them don't think it's that big of a problem. Explain that to my wife's 93 yr old uncle in the hospital with Covid and the families of my 4 friends who have passed away from it. Two of them in nursing homes.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:24 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
I am torn on the school situation. In terms of spreading COVID it does have to make that somewhat worse but there is the additional problems that kids from bad situations face: lack of healthy food, good internet connection for remote learning, even kids getting shot and murdered when they would have normally been at school. Homicide rates in most cities are far higher than even last year's elevated levels and many victims have been age 18 and under.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:14 PM

Teachers will be getting their vaccines well ahead of those in many other categories, right after those living or working in nursing homes and medical professionals and other hospital employees.

Sure sounds like Andy wants to get the schools open again.

Apparently teachers take precedence over older folks NOT in nursing homes, even those with additional risk factors (like me).

Since the younger children seem to get off lightly from Covid-19, and apparently don't pass it around very well, it would seem intelligent to get them back in school before the high schoolers. But getting teachers and other school staffers immunized makes a lot of sense - even if I do have to wait a bit longer for my own shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky