Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 07:34 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Teachers will be getting their vaccines well ahead of those in many other categories, right after those living or working in nursing homes and medical professionals and other hospital employees.

Sure sounds like Andy wants to get the schools open again.

Apparently teachers take precedence over older folks NOT in nursing homes, even those with additional risk factors (like me).

Since the younger children seem to get off lightly from Covid-19, and apparently don't pass it around very well, it would seem intelligent to get them back in school before the high schoolers. But getting teachers and other school staffers immunized makes a lot of sense - even if I do have to wait a bit longer for my own shots.
I agree. If that’s what it takes, then move them to the very front of the line. The sooner the teachers get vaccinated the sooner ALL kids can get back to school. They should have never been closed again - the science does not support it. Not for the little ones, nor for the high school ones.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:15 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,667 times
Well, imagine that...little ande playing politics with the vaccine. Be sure and read it all.

https://www.lex18.com/news/coronavir...KCBVsDEk_0TNuQ

for yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 06:15 PM

It's sience Andy, not politics....right?

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...HPjwNdQ8XrWgdU

It's time for schools to take up books!! These kids have already lost a year of learning that they will never get back. And, I assure you we will feel the effects of it for years to come.

And, at last count Ky. has received 120,000 vaccines and only 38,000 administered, what's that all about? No time for getting the vaccine out but, plenty time for a photo opt of past Governors getting theirs. Will we be getting our vaccines based on our political registration? It's not about politics...right? It's the light at the end of the tunnel, right Ande? Now what? You got it and don't have a clue as to what to do with it.

And don't think I want to be the first to get the vaccine...I'll be last if necessary and feel good about it. Because it not all about me.

Oh, and another thing...three legislative districts instead of two, ponder that for a minute. Changes are coming.

For yourself...

Old 01-08-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
It's sience Andy, not politics....right?

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...HPjwNdQ8XrWgdU

It's time for schools to take up books!! These kids have already lost a year of learning that they will never get back. And, I assure you we will feel the effects of it for years to come.

And, at last count Ky. has received 120,000 vaccines and only 38,000 administered, what's that all about? No time for getting the vaccine out but, plenty time for a photo opt of past Governors getting theirs. Will we be getting our vaccines based on our political registration? It's not about politics...right? It's the light at the end of the tunnel, right Ande? Now what? You got it and don't have a clue as to what to do with it.

And don't think I want to be the first to get the vaccine...I'll be last if necessary and feel good about it. Because it not all about me.

Oh, and another thing...three legislative districts instead of two, ponder that for a minute. Changes are coming.

For yourself...
Allow me to correct myself...I meant to say "Judicial" districts not Legislative but, Keep watching anyway.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:45 AM

Little ande is holding the vaccine, from the general public, until after the new adminastration takes over so he can give credit to biden...yep he really thinks you're that stupid. Now, that's got your health in mind! Sure ande, we're all in this together.

And sadly enough some......

Like I said before, "I'll be last if necessary" it's not all about me, and, I'm probably older than anyone here.

for yourself...

Old 01-18-2021, 03:14 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Little ande is holding the vaccine, from the general public, until after the new adminastration takes over so he can give credit to biden...yep he really thinks you're that stupid. Now, that's got your health in mind! Sure ande, we're all in this together.

And sadly enough some......

Like I said before, "I'll be last if necessary" it's not all about me, and, I'm probably older than anyone here.

for yourself...
Where do you get this ridiculous crap? Do you make it up yourself, or do other people make it up for you and you just repeat it because it's what you want to believe?

Old 01-21-2021, 01:54 PM

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/01/21/heal...-Sl3dBOC3EqSq4

Well, we all know we got 120,000...a month ago? Right?.....???

As of today they have administered 14,000....what's the hold up??? Politics is the hold up, what else could it be? Hell, anybody can give a shot, Dr's , Nurses, Pharmacist's, med students even Veterinarians. But, we need a big name retail drug store to give them....I guess little ande is waiting on confirmation as to who will send him their campaign contribution, and how much they are sending. And then we'll know who gets the "CONTRACT". democrats love contracts, that's how they fund their election's. How do I know this you ask...I witnessed it for well over 30 years...that's how I know it.

And again, I'll be last if necessary, I don't care, it's not all about ME.

for yourself...

Old 01-28-2021, 09:22 PM

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/01/28/watc...K7w3_3-_roCcp8

Come on Ande, what's going on? Ah, I know...it's ran on the buddy system, business as usual for a democrat.

I thought you were going to save EVERYONE"S life, it's not about politics.

What a joke for a Governor.

for yourself...

Old 01-31-2021, 08:02 AM

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/01/30/play...Mr1dxTsnvq6L68

And the beat goes on.....

for yourself

Old 02-05-2021, 09:29 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Got my first shot last week, and it went very smoothly at Kroger Stadium. Lots of people present but the lines moved at a fair pace, and once inside the clubhouse, the organization was outstanding. There were approximately 25 "shot stations", and patients were sent to whichever one was open. A nice lady who immediately announced that she was a nurse administered my (Pfizer) shot, then directed me to a waiting area with seating in which to hang out for the required 15 minutes. Nothing happened, so I took myself out and drove home.

The shot itself wasn't painless for me, though others have reported feeling nothing. But the sting was minor. Later that evening, the injection site became sore and remained sore for the next 24 hours. No problem. I had avoided ibuprofen for the day of the shot and for a day afterwards. Once I could safely take it again, it took care of the sore arm, which had been also slightly limited in range.

Read somewhere that getting the first of the two required shots provides approximately 57% immunity (or rather, resistance) to Covid-19, which is encouraging. Now I just have to wait another couple of weeks to get the "booster", which is known to cause more significant but ultimately harmless reactions for a day or so afterwards. Two weeks later, my world can start opening up again a little bit, cautiously, and with a mask and social distancing still in place.

Can't wait. Additional vaccination sites seem to be opening up almost daily in Kentucky - and a lot of this is due to our much-abused but good governor, Andy Beshear.

Now if he could just get the Kentucky Labor Cabinet to shape up and answer their phone calls and emails dealing with unemployment - and associated fraud, both in fake claims of employment and identity theft, i.e. using others' identity to apply for unemployment insurance payments, as apparently has happened to me this week (I've been retired for over twenty years) - he'd win the praise of many additional Kentuckians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky