U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 11:46 AM

912 posts, read 1,355,494 times

Advertisements

As like all of you I watch Governor Andy every day at 5:00 PM. I also watch our President as well when the networks feel the need to broadcast it and when they do it's almost never in it's entirety, do you? I am also up on the edge of my seat, thinking, this will be the day but, it hasn't happens yet. What I'm referring to is, the abortion clinics, are they considered "essential"? Governor Andy is all concerned about saving lives and needing PPE so desperately, so, using up accentual PPE and killing babies is alright.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 11:51 AM

9,083 posts, read 5,187,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
As like all of you I watch Governor Andy every day at 5:00 PM. I also watch our President as well when the networks feel the need to broadcast it and when they do it's almost never in it's entirety, do you? I am also up on the edge of my seat, thinking, this will be the day but, it hasn't happens yet. What I'm referring to is, the abortion clinics, are they considered "essential"? Governor Andy is all concerned about saving lives and needing PPE so desperately, so, using up accentual PPE and killing babies is alright.

Exactly... Which of Uncle Andy's useless measures is going to "save my life"? Allowing abortions to continue when "non-lifesaving procedures" are shut down to save PPE? Letting 1k prisoners out of jail? Vetoing the voter photo ID bill? Ringing bells? Lighting houses up green? He STILL hasn't issued a stay-at-home order.

I watched his "fireside chats" for about a week, and then I couldn't stomach the man anymore! I catch the news to find out how many more cases and deaths, where, the ages, and any new rules (I mean, suggestions and exortations); the actual information takes up about five minutes. Not an hour and a half of blah blah blah...

Old 04-05-2020, 04:01 PM

10,998 posts, read 9,226,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
I expect nothing less from a democrat with a statement like this. Shame on you mrcreek....I somehow expected better from you.

Your opinion; my opinion. Sorry you didn't care for mine, for which I feel no shame. I admit I don't always agree with you, but I would never write "Shame on you, Mr. Hogs, I expect nothing more from a republican". That's not the way my mama brought me up. Attempting to shame someone with whom you disagree politically just isn't good manners.

My previous statement that evidently so aggravated you was based on actual events: Bevin's incredibly negligent and ignorant decision to send his kids to a "chicken-pox party", as opposed to Beshear's very compassionate, honest, and direct daily appearances to inform the public of what's going on in our state during the corona pandemic. Comparing the two reveals a lot about the character of each man, imo.

Beshear has repeatedly said that fighting the corona virus should be a non-political battle for all Kentuckians, with which I agree. Whereas Bevin has continued to defend his decision to place his kids not only in danger of chicken pox, for which a vaccine is readily available, but also in danger of contracting shingles in the years ahead.

All Bevin has done since the current pandemic reached its present level (that I am aware of) was make a snarky post about how Beshear is handling this crisis on Facebook a couple of weeks ago - the ""Chicken Little" post others here have referred to.

So I stand by my "statement like this", and yes, I am a (moderate) Democrat (capitalize the "D", please), but even if I were not, I would recognize the pressing need to put politics apart in favor of saving lives right now. Don't you agree with that??

. No shame on me!

Last edited by CraigCreek; 04-05-2020 at 04:25 PM..

Old 04-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Didn't see a need to take up space with otterhere's post but found a good response showing up a lot on facebook.
https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvil...xnikR_gMU8ZqK8
And note: that poll (placing Andy Beshear first among the nation's governors in the way in which he is dealing with the corona virus) is from "U.S. News & World Report", which is hardly a liberal publication. For those unfamiliar with USNWP, it is moderately conservative.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, kygman.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Kindly Uncle Andy's "say it with me...say it one more time...say it again...let's say it all together" like we're preschoolers and "light your house up green tonight because green is the color of compassion" and "ring your bells at 10:00" are very effective tools against the coronavirus, I'm sure. Enforcing "shelter at home" (it's not even an executive order; just a "suggestion" that he makes day after day after day.....) would be, but he's too WOO-WOO and mealy-mouthed for that. I can't decide if he's a frustrated teacher, preacher, counselor, or massage therapist, but he's a pretty weak leader (I think his Daddy must have pressured him to follow in his footsteps).
Well, Andy's grandfather Beshear was a preacher, so perhaps it's hereditary.

However, all of the things you sneer at are effective reminders to others to take precautions. As such, if they work, they are more than welcome, as far as I am concerned. They hurt no one, and if someone is reminded or moved to behave in safer ways, is that not a good thing?

I'm not sure Beshear can constitutionally issue an executive order that people remain in their homes for an unknown period of time. I think that would need to be made at the federal level, under martial law.

But strongly urging people to stay home, and backing that request with the current alarming statistics, is surely convincing enough for anyone with common sense to follow that advice.

As for those who yell "My FREEdom!!" and chafe against said strong suggestions, it seems to be difficult for them to get it through their hard heads that they may not only be endangering themselves - but others. When more innocent deaths come closer to these self-proclaimed lovers of freedom, perhaps their views will change. Sad that it will most likely have to come to that...

Old 04-05-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Your opinion; my opinion. Sorry you didn't care for mine, for which I feel no shame. I admit I don't always agree with you, but I would never write "Shame on you, Mr. Hogs, I expect nothing more from a republican". That's not the way my mama brought me up. Attempting to shame someone with whom you disagree politically just isn't good manners.

My previous statement that evidently so aggravated you was based on actual events: Bevin's incredibly negligent and ignorant decision to send his kids to a "chicken-pox party", as opposed to Beshear's very compassionate, honest, and direct daily appearances to inform the public of what's going on in our state during the corona pandemic. Comparing the two reveals a lot about the character of each man, imo.

Beshear has repeatedly said that fighting the corona virus should be a non-political battle for all Kentuckians, with which I agree. Whereas Bevin has continued to defend his decision to place his kids not only in danger of chicken pox, for which a vaccine is readily available, but also to shingles in the years ahead.

All Bevin has done since the current pandemic reached its present level (that I am aware of) was make a snarky post about how Beshear is handling this crisis on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.

So I stand by that "statement like this", and yes, I am a Democrat (capitalize the "D", please), but even if I were not, I would recognize the pressing need to put politics apart in favor of saving lives right now. Don't you agree with that??

. No shame on me!
And the fact is, for you to speculate on what COULD have happened if Governor Bevin had been in charge, when in FACT neither you nor me could possibly know in any way shape form or fashion what he might have done. He may have done better but, who am I to say?
And, the fact that you question ones intelligence for not voting for Governor Beshear well, like I said, shame on you," I expected better from you", Because in this Country I have that right, thank goodness.
And as for putting politics aside, I have done that, you were the one that brought it up, not me. I haven't said one negative word about Governor Beshear's performance as it pertains to this invisible enemy. My issues with Governor Beshear were present long before all of this and I'm sure they will be there long after.

Your damn right it aggravated me.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:59 AM

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/13...r-the-country/

Old 04-15-2020, 10:45 AM

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...19/2898923001/

Old 04-15-2020, 04:21 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...-bill-69971369

https://journalstar.com/news/nationa...9af1f0e42.html

Old 04-15-2020, 05:43 PM

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politi...ye9c1p4Ft1e6ik

Governor Andy has not had a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or