U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 03:33 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,654,152 times

Advertisements

I don't think anyone wants to see anyone die. Or see the economy crash.
I do want to die or suffer...or see anyone else die or suffer that is all.

Revenge for the election in 2016? No I was surprised, though revenge is not on that radar.
I want what is best for our country, as I am sure every American does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 04:08 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,654,152 times
^I am older, retired and I have severe asthma. If I got the corona virus, I think I would mostly likely die from it.
I don't want to die yet. That is all. I don't want to see anyone die of it.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:37 AM

366 posts, read 229,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Well, he's a democrat and he's doing what democrats do, and has been for the last three and a half years. He's attempting to keep businesses closed as long as he possibly can, and the democrats in Washington will keep sending trillions of dollars to States in hopes of a complete collapse of our economy and to garner votes. They (the democrats) don't care who or what they hurt or how many dies in the process. It's all about power and the opportunity to revenge the election of 2016. By November 3rd the "Virus" will be just a bad memory.

The virus doesn't care about political party affiliation or whether there is an election this year.

Since we don't have all of the information about this virus including the biggest key of them all which is 1) Can you get reinfected again and is "herd immunity" even possible? 2) How common is that auto-immune condition with children (1 in 1000, 1 in 9000, 1 in 20,000 it makes a big deal)?

Until we know more a slow and steady approach is better than let's just pretend there isn't a virus that is at least 3-5 times deadlier (maybe even as high as 15 times deadlier) than the flu which we do not have a proven treatment/vaccine for.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:46 AM

15,891 posts, read 11,699,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I don't think anyone wants to see anyone die. Or see the economy crash.
I do want to die or suffer...or see anyone else die or suffer that is all.

Revenge for the election in 2016? No I was surprised, though revenge is not on that radar.
I want what is best for our country, as I am sure every American does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
^I am older, retired and I have severe asthma. If I got the corona virus, I think I would mostly likely die from it.
I don't want to die yet. That is all. I don't want to see anyone die of it.
I agree no one wants to see anyone die, but there are people who would indeed like to see the economy crash. The people who want the state opened back up don’t value life any less than you do, they just have a different perspective on what’s in the best interest of the people of this state.

I too would most likely die if I get CV-19, I can check pretty much all of the boxes that make the virus more lethal. I am truly grateful we are currently living in an out of the way place in Kentucky instead of my former home, which has the most cases and deaths in Virginia. I have quite a few former neighbors who have tested positive. I’ve also already lost relatives living in hotspots to this disease, . But that is me......

I’ve also had 3 former students try to commit suicide, 2 successfully. All males living alone who lost their job or had their business shut down. One specifically stated the shutdown in his letter. I know of at least a handful of former students who have overdosed during this. I could go on, but the bottom line is we have got to stop destroying young lives to protect old ladies like us. You and I need to strictly isolate ourselves and let the rest of Kentucky go back living their lives as a community instead of being forced to be hermits. It isn’t good for anyone but people like you and me, and at some point we’ve got to say their lives matter too.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:47 PM

14,148 posts, read 4,120,055 times
Quote:
Well, he's a democrat and he's doing what democrats do, and has been for the last three and a half years. He's attempting to keep businesses closed as long as he possibly can, and the democrats in Washington will keep sending trillions of dollars to States in hopes of a complete collapse of our economy and to garner votes. They (the democrats) don't care who or what they hurt or how many dies in the process. It's all about power and the opportunity to revenge the election of 2016. By November 3rd the "Virus" will be just a bad memory.

So the Dems live in a different economy that the Reps? Wow. Whodda thunk it?

Old 05-22-2020, 01:50 PM

14,148 posts, read 4,120,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree no one wants to see anyone die, but there are people who would indeed like to see the economy crash. The people who want the state opened back up don’t value life any less than you do, they just have a different perspective on what’s in the best interest of the people of this state.

I too would most likely die if I get CV-19, I can check pretty much all of the boxes that make the virus more lethal. I am truly grateful we are currently living in an out of the way place in Kentucky instead of my former home, which has the most cases and deaths in Virginia. I have quite a few former neighbors who have tested positive. I’ve also already lost relatives living in hotspots to this disease, . But that is me......

I’ve also had 3 former students try to commit suicide, 2 successfully. All males living alone who lost their job or had their business shut down. One specifically stated the shutdown in his letter. I know of at least a handful of former students who have overdosed during this. I could go on, but the bottom line is we have got to stop destroying young lives to protect old ladies like us. You and I need to strictly isolate ourselves and let the rest of Kentucky go back living their lives as a community instead of being forced to be hermits. It isn’t good for anyone but people like you and me, and at some point we’ve got to say their lives matter too.
Very sad about your students who committed suicide. It's such a balancing act, trying to weigh the effects of a shutdown economy and the health of people. I think the only way we can manage it is to slowly, very slowly, try to open up as we can. I commend the states for trying to do what they can to help the unemployed and underemployed, while trying to monitor the effects of this virus. It's an almost impossible job.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:02 PM

21,437 posts, read 37,678,755 times
Quote:

The "Virus" doesn't respect political parties or state and national borders... We will be dealing with this for a long time to come, and we need a rational approach that balances the health risks for all people that have preexisting conditions in addition to resuming economic functions. No one could have predicted a disaster of this scale last year and 95,000+ people have now died. November is a very long time away, we have to look forward to a better month of June.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:32 PM

912 posts, read 1,353,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The "Virus" doesn't respect political parties or state and national borders... We will be dealing with this for a long time to come, and we need a rational approach that balances the health risks for all people that have preexisting conditions in addition to resuming economic functions. No one could have predicted a disaster of this scale last year and 95,000+ people have now died. November is a very long time away, we have to look forward to a better month of June.
I agree 100%....but, the democrats have never been one to let a good disaster go to waste.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:24 PM

12,295 posts, read 34,233,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
According to the CDC, as of last week (5/16) 73,639 have died from covid-19 or were presumed to have died from covid-19. And the number dying each week has dropped dramatically the last few weeks, from a high of 15,311 the week of 4/18 to 1,915 last week.

Since February 1, Kentucky has had 274 deaths attributed to covid-19 which is 2% of all Kentucky deaths (13,570) in that same time period. And the total number of deaths in Kentucky is actually down 10% this year over the last 3 years.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 05-23-2020 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 06:09 AM

13,264 posts, read 6,276,428 times
What no one mentions anymore is that the lockdown was never intended to be months long. The purpose of the lockdown was to give medical professionals and hospitals a period of time in order to prepare for the oncoming onslaught of sick people that would probably require hospitalization. At first that time period was estimated to be 2 weeks and then was extended for another 2 weeks. It was never intended for the purpose of keeping the economy closed for 3 months which we are now approaching.
Mountains were moved so hospitals, doctors and nurses could be better prepared and that goal was achieved and surpassed weeks ago.
Yes, it's horrible that thousands of people have died and will continue to die from this but we need to come to the realization that this virus will continue to be among us for a long time to come. It's no consolation to those who have lost friends and loved ones but this virus has had a much lower mortality rate than was initially thought. Nearly half of the deaths have been in people 75 and older and many of those have been from outbreaks in nursing homes appearing in clusters. This virus is not the Black Death of the middle ages.
Somewhere along the way some governors, counties and mayors have lost perspective and have made the cure worse than the virus itself which was my worse fear when this whole nightmare began. I'm afraid Kentucky has fallen into this category.

Last edited by marino760; 05-23-2020 at 06:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or