U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2020, 06:08 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
15,883 posts, read 11,697,087 times
Reputation: 21599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You are a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, but seem to only care about your own backyard. Sad...
I can care about both, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Again, I disagree he has been a disaster, I think the very needed appointment of non-constructivist judges has been his greatest gift to this nation, one that will impact it for decades, and will be his lasting legacy. Just because he has a unappealing personality and an annoying voice does not mean he is a disaster for this nation. He has not been a disaster for my state, he has done what he was elected to do - represented the interests of our state. Try not to forget, Kentucky voted for the current president by the 5th widest margin in the nation in 2016. I’m sorry you don’t like that, but combined with having different experiences on which to base it, humans have the ability to have independent thought, therefore not everyone feels the same way you do about a large variety of matters, including politics.

There are other congresspersons currently in leadership positions, particularly in the House, that I feel have been a far, far greater disaster to our nation, and I truly wish their constituents would vote them out of office, but this is the Kentucky forum, not a national one, so any discussions of them belong in another section of the forum. But I will say, I do get why their constituents to vote them in, and most of them do it for the same reason I will always vote for McConnell. Do you not care what impacts your family and home more than you care what impacts your neighborhood? Do you not care what impacts your nation more than you care about what impacts the world? Do you not care what happens with your own finances more than what happens with the US economy or the world economy? If you answer no, you are either lying or a fool, and if you can’t honestly answer yes to those three questions you have no right to get all outraged at my honest response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I like McConnell. He's not perfect but he brings some clout to the Commonwealth. Having him as the senate majority leader provides somewhat of a balance with uber liberal Nancy Pelosi of CA speaker of the House. I love that you have a large liberal highly populated state on the west coast and a small conservative state in middle America with the two most important representatives in Washington. It's part of how the Founding Fathers envisioned a balance of power between states.
As far as I'm concerned he proved his muster during the Supreme Court hearings and those liberals who wanted to derail those nominees met their match with McConnell. It's judges that will shape this country for years to come and McConnell has done an excellent job in supporting conservative leaning ones.

Of course, liberals will see his positives as negatives and that's just fine with me. He has been a disaster to the liberal cause, not to the United Sates. If McConnell was liked by democrats he wouldn't be doing his job very well.
I hope McConnell stays in office for many years to come.
Agree with every word, particularly the bold.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Asia and Kentucky (including Lexington & Louisville)

 
Old 05-29-2020, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Eastern Kentucky Proud
912 posts, read 1,353,272 times
Reputation: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I can care about both, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Again, I disagree he has been a disaster, I think the very needed appointment of non-constructivist judges has been his greatest gift to this nation, one that will impact it for decades, and will be his lasting legacy. Just because he has a unappealing personality and an annoying voice does not mean he is a disaster for this nation. He has not been a disaster for my state, he has done what he was elected to do - represented the interests of our state. Try not to forget, Kentucky voted for the current president by the 5th widest margin in the nation in 2016. I’m sorry you don’t like that, but combined with having different experiences on which to base it, humans have the ability to have independent thought, therefore not everyone feels the same way you do about a large variety of matters, including politics.

There are other congresspersons currently in leadership positions, particularly in the House, that I feel have been a far, far greater disaster to our nation, and I truly wish their constituents would vote them out of office, but this is the Kentucky forum, not a national one, so any discussions of them belong in another section of the forum. But I will say, I do get why their constituents to vote them in, and most of them do it for the same reason I will always vote for McConnell. Do you not care what impacts your family and home more than you care what impacts your neighborhood? Do you not care what impacts your nation more than you care about what impacts the world? Do you not care what happens with your own finances more than what happens with the US economy or the world economy? If you answer no, you are either lying or a fool, and if you can’t honestly answer yes to those three questions you have no right to get all outraged at my honest response.


Agree with every word, particularly the bold.
Perfectly said Oldhag. I'm all out of REP or I'd would give ye one. It says I need to spread it around...hum...
 
Old 05-29-2020, 01:27 PM
 
5 posts, read 911 times
Reputation: 30
Those who have an issue with McConnell doing what he can for Kentucky need to blame the political games of Washington. Also, Rand Paul is a libertarian and as such he is against pork spending - so those who bless us with their holier than thou presence need to take a seat.
 
Old 05-30-2020, 09:48 AM
 
8,758 posts, read 7,695,068 times
Reputation: 7193
Kentucky is the 5th most Federally dependent state. Sadly, Kentuckians can’t support themselves and depend on tax income from liberal states like New York and California to take care of them. So maybe you shouldn’t brag too much.

Mitch is very bad for our nation. Too bad people are so narrowly focused on themselves that they can’t see what is happening on a national scale that is tearing our country apart and dividing us from our allies around the globe.

Ditch Mitch.

Last edited by staywarm2; 05-30-2020 at 09:58 AM..
 
Old 05-30-2020, 11:35 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
15,883 posts, read 11,697,087 times
Reputation: 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Kentucky is the 5th most Federally dependent state. Sadly, Kentuckians can’t support themselves and depend on tax income from liberal states like New York and California to take care of them. So maybe you shouldn’t brag too much.

Mitch is very bad for our nation. Too bad people are so narrowly focused on themselves that they can’t see what is happening on a national scale that is tearing our country apart and dividing us from our allies around the globe.

Ditch Mitch.
No one is bragging. You vote for your state representatives using whatever criteria you feel is important and we’ll vote for ours using whatever criteria we feel is important. Your point about Kentucky being an impoverished state is a very large reason why it is so important we keep our powerful senator. If we “ditch Mitch” it will hurt our state and we’ll have someone who will vote on national issues in a way contrary to the values of most Kentuckians.

Worry about your own elected officials. Maybe it would be better if you concentrated on electing someone capable of unseating McConnell as senate leader from your state, since that is an election you actually have a say in.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Asia and Kentucky (including Lexington & Louisville)
 
Old 05-31-2020, 10:11 AM
 
8,758 posts, read 7,695,068 times
Reputation: 7193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No one is bragging. You vote for your state representatives using whatever criteria you feel is important and we’ll vote for ours using whatever criteria we feel is important. Your point about Kentucky being an impoverished state is a very large reason why it is so important we keep our powerful senator. If we “ditch Mitch” it will hurt our state and we’ll have someone who will vote on national issues in a way contrary to the values of most Kentuckians.

Worry about your own elected officials. Maybe it would be better if you concentrated on electing someone capable of unseating McConnell as senate leader from your state, since that is an election you actually have a say in.
Nearly 400 House bills are sitting on Mitch Mc Connell’s desk because he won’t bring them to the Senate floor for a vote.

Maybe you should care more about the United States of America instead of just your own little turf.
 
Old 05-31-2020, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Earth
5,801 posts, read 3,771,038 times
Reputation: 4364
I think Mitch is the devil. He's worse than DJT. He's the power behind the throne. He brings back so much pork for Kentucky but does not support passenger rail. Because of him, we're losing our world war II gains to CHina. Reagan would be turning in his grave if he saw the GOP today.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-01-2020 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: See post #21
 
Old 05-31-2020, 03:21 PM
 
Location: In the Pearl of the Purchase, Ky
8,196 posts, read 13,690,870 times
Reputation: 33802
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Nearly 400 House bills are sitting on Mitch Mc Connell’s desk because he won’t bring them to the Senate floor for a vote.

Maybe you should care more about the United States of America instead of just your own little turf.
I can remember, and it hasn't been that long ago. that both parties worked together to pass bills to help this country. Then McConnell stated he was going to make sure President Obama was a one term President. Now, like staywarm said, there are close to 400 house bills that he won't even consider looking at. Then they try to say the House is just sitting there not doing anything.

Plus he's supposed to be helping the coal miners. How come he walked out of a meeting of coal miners who rode a bus from eastern Ky to talk to him about restoring a higher excise tax on coal mines to help all the miners with black lung just a few minutes after they arrived? Because he didn't want to make the mine owners mad and lose their endorsements, and money.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UI18G


https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977...emocrats-trump


https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ma-presidency/

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-01-2020 at 05:12 AM.. Reason: See post #21
 
Old 05-31-2020, 04:48 PM
 
11,004 posts, read 9,214,804 times
Reputation: 20231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Don’t really care for him but like most of my family I’ll be voting for him anyway. Contrary to McGrath’s commercials, our powerful senator does bring home the bacon to our state. There are plenty of news outlets outside of Kentucky that constantly complain about it.
Pretty rancid bacon, though.

Plenty of news outlets inside Kentucky who complain about McConnell, too. I'm tired of the corruption and Kentucky's continual low ranking on just about anything you want to measure: income, education, environment and more, while McConnell and spouse Chao have enriched themselves at the public trough for almost four decades. Enough,

High time for a change, and I hope we Ditch Mitch in November!
 
Old 05-31-2020, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Earth
5,801 posts, read 3,771,038 times
Reputation: 4364
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Pretty rancid bacon, though.

Plenty of news outlets inside Kentucky who complain about McConnell, too. I'm tired of the corruption and Kentucky's continual low ranking on just about anything you want to measure: income, education, environment and more, while McConnell and spouse Chao have enriched themselves at the public trough for almost four decades. Enough,

High time for a change, and I hope we Ditch Mitch in November!
I just don't get the motivations of the guy. He could have done some really great things for America but he chose to rape it instead. Never wanted to fund infrastructure especially during Obama's terms. All he cares about his getting Conservative judges on the bench. What a great legacy

Ditch mitch!

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-01-2020 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: See post #21
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top