Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 08:07 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Clark County has sent a petition to Frankfort asking to be allowed to reopen. Beshear has said he doesn’t want to piecemeal open areas. As someone who lives outside of the counties with a lot of cases I think it is unfair that we have to be on the same schedule as Jefferson, Fayette, or the three highly populated Northern Kentucky counties. You know they woukdn’t be shut down if the tables had been turned.

Clark County fiscal court passes resolution on reopening business

Old 04-25-2020, 08:35 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
I posted on facebook the other day that I wouldn't want to be in Gov. Beshear's place. If he opens up the state because people are tired of staying in, and the number of cases rise again, then people go against him. But if he doesn't open up the state trying to beat this virus in ALL counties, even if they don't have many cases, people go against him too. But he isn't looking over one county. He's trying to beat this in all 120 counties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 10:03 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Here is a web site that thinks that our state won't be safe to open until June 14.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...tate-to-reopen

Old 04-25-2020, 03:38 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,667 times
The rest of the State has always conformed to the whims of the golden triangle. Our so called Governor had the guts enough to mention the "Golden Triangle" in his Mr Rogers speech the other day.

No it's not fair! He'll keep us closed down as long as he possibly can in an attempt to get all the money he can get from the Fed for the "Golden Triangle".

https://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/pub...YD4UUkzYZcKYB8

Nearly three BILLION as of today....and that's just Kentucky. I can't imagine what some of the larger states are getting.

I agree with Mitch, if you can't make it work with that kind of money, fine just take bankrupt, then you can explain to the bankruptcy court what you did with it.

There are several other issues little Andy will have to deal with shortly that I won't bring up here.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
I think things could be reopened IF Americans embrace the better hygiene practices of Japan and South Korea. Wear masks anytime you're sick or if there is widespread sickness (like during flu season). Wash hands well before eating. Cover sneezes and coughs properly. Problem is whenever things loosen open - now or in 10 months - there will be more spikes because our population lacks understand of hygiene.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:19 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Most of the time I'd agree with you on the Golden Triangle, but you must not hear about the virus in western Kentucky. There's been a spike the past few days. Here in Graves County we had 20 more cases today. More cases, but not that many in Calloway and Marshall. Not sure about the others. We won't get near as much as we should from the federal government because we don't have a Republican governor. And that aint no joke. Between Trump and Vladimir McConnell, we'll get some federal aid but not as much as states with Republican governors.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Most of the time I'd agree with you on the Golden Triangle, but you must not hear about the virus in western Kentucky. There's been a spike the past few days. Here in Graves County we had 20 more cases today. More cases, but not that many in Calloway and Marshall. Not sure about the others. We won't get near as much as we should from the federal government because we don't have a Republican governor. And that aint no joke. Between Trump and Vladimir McConnell, we'll get some federal aid but not as much as states with Republican governors.

Nearly 3 Billion SO FAR....that's right with a B and that ain't no joke and, I'm sure Western Ky will be taken care of as much or more than most other Counties (Excluding the "Golden Triangle" of course) they'll get the bulk of the gift regardless of the needs of other Counties.

It's all politics from here on out for little Andy...telling everyone how good they are doing and how he's trying to save their lives and they'll die if they don't do as he say's. There are a lot more consequences involved with all of these closings than many people understand.

One thing for sure, little Andy don't want to do is, get into a Pi$$ing contest with "Vladimir" McConnell as you referred to him as. I'm not all in for Mr McConnell as you all think I am but, he's been in politics for a long time...Too long, and, he known what little Andy is going to do before little Andy knows what he is going to do.

But I'll have to stick with Vladimir until we can come up with something remotely better.

Stay well Gman

Old 04-25-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think things could be reopened IF Americans embrace the better hygiene practices of Japan and South Korea. Wear masks anytime you're sick or if there is widespread sickness (like during flu season). Wash hands well before eating. Cover sneezes and coughs properly. Problem is whenever things loosen open - now or in 10 months - there will be more spikes because our population lacks understand of hygiene.
I agree....it's almost like people are just now learning how to wash their hands. What a novel Idea. I'll say this, as for restaurant's, when all of this settles down, the restroom will be the first place I'll go and, if they ain't got a clean restroom's with hot and cold running water, soap and hand towels, I'm out'a there.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:14 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
I think the point is to allow counties with very low to no cases to at least attempt to get back to something close to normal. Mason county has had 6 positive cases, all recovered with no new ones. Surrounding counties have very few active cases if any. It makes no sense to treat these counties the same as those with high populations and high numbers of cases.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:12 PM

811 posts, read 888,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
You will continue to see a big spike due to increased testing, not only in Kentucky, but across the United States...I wouldn’t be too alarmed by the increased case confirmations.

The statistic to watch is number of hospitalizations...if that number increases, that shows you’re trending in wrong direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky