U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2020, 03:57 PM
 
47 posts, read 25,507 times
Reputation: 61

Advertisements

The most recent edition of the New Yorker magazine recently did an in-depth profile of McConnell...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...abler-in-chief
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 AM
 
Location: In the Pearl of the Purchase, Ky
8,760 posts, read 14,184,572 times
Reputation: 35755
I've never thought much of McConnell

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-01-2020 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: See post #21
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-27-2020, 08:59 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
17,208 posts, read 12,457,046 times
Reputation: 23314
Don’t really care for him but like most of my family I’ll be voting for him anyway. Contrary to McGrath’s commercials, our powerful senator does bring home the bacon to our state. There are plenty of news outlets outside of Kentucky that constantly complain about it.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Asia and Kentucky (including Lexington & Louisville)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-27-2020, 04:57 PM
 
42 posts, read 22,648 times
Reputation: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Don’t really care for him but like most of my family I’ll be voting for him anyway. Contrary to McGrath’s commercials, our powerful senator does bring home the bacon to our state.
------------------------------------------
McConnell is just as big of a disaster for America as
Trump is, but as long as you all are getting yours I guess everything is good.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-27-2020 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-27-2020, 05:40 PM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
17,208 posts, read 12,457,046 times
Reputation: 23314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_in_Mi View Post
------------------------------------------
McConnell is just as big of a disaster for America as
Trump is, but as long as you all are getting yours I guess everything is good.
I disagree that he has been a disaster for the United States, and I am happy to see conservative, non-constructivist judges being placed on the bench. I just don’t care for his personality. And yes, I will gladly vote for what is in the best interest of my state. We are his constituents, after all, not the entire United States.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Asia and Kentucky (including Lexington & Louisville)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2020, 04:56 AM
 
Location: Outside US
2,339 posts, read 1,057,280 times
Reputation: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_in_Mi View Post
------------------------------------------
McConnell is just as big of a disaster for America as
Trump is, but as long as you all are getting yours I guess everything is good.
Yup.

Pork Barrell attitude.

Human nature, sadly.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2020, 07:18 AM
 
14,119 posts, read 6,962,114 times
Reputation: 27130
I like McConnell. He's not perfect but he brings some clout to the Commonwealth. Having him as the senate majority leader provides somewhat of a balance with uber liberal Nancy Pelosi of CA speaker of the House. I love that you have a large liberal highly populated state on the west coast and a small conservative state in middle America with the two most important representatives in Washington. It's part of how the Founding Fathers envisioned a balance of power between states.
As far as I'm concerned he proved his muster during the Supreme Court hearings and those liberals who wanted to derail those nominees met their match with McConnell. It's judges that will shape this country for years to come and McConnell has done an excellent job in supporting conservative leaning ones.

Of course, liberals will see his positives as negatives and that's just fine with me. He has been a disaster to the liberal cause, not to the United Sates. If McConnell was liked by democrats he wouldn't be doing his job very well.
I hope McConnell stays in office for many years to come.

Last edited by marino760; 05-28-2020 at 07:46 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2020, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Center City
7,533 posts, read 8,714,098 times
Reputation: 10896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Yup.

Pork Barrell attitude.

Human nature, sadly.
So true. Why is it conservatives are interested in limited government, unless it entails actions that line their pockets and fosters their beliefs? McConnell is an embarrassment to his country. Fortunately, it looks like he’ll be back-benched in November. It will be so much sweeter if McGrath sends him home entirely. Kentucky voters - do us proud!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2020, 11:02 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 8,074,709 times
Reputation: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I disagree that he has been a disaster for the United States, and I am happy to see conservative, non-constructivist judges being placed on the bench. I just don’t care for his personality. And yes, I will gladly vote for what is in the best interest of my state. We are his constituents, after all, not the entire United States.
You are a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, but seem to only care about your own backyard. Sad...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2020, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Eastern Kentucky Proud
956 posts, read 1,440,103 times
Reputation: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I like McConnell. He's not perfect but he brings some clout to the Commonwealth. Having him as the senate majority leader provides somewhat of a balance with uber liberal Nancy Pelosi of CA speaker of the House. I love that you have a large liberal highly populated state on the west coast and a small conservative state in middle America with the two most important representatives in Washington. It's part of how the Founding Fathers envisioned a balance of power between states.
As far as I'm concerned he proved his muster during the Supreme Court hearings and those liberals who wanted to derail those nominees met their match with McConnell. It's judges that will shape this country for years to come and McConnell has done an excellent job in supporting conservative leaning ones.

Of course, liberals will see his positives as negatives and that's just fine with me. He has been a disaster to the liberal cause, not to the United Sates. If McConnell was liked by democrats he wouldn't be doing his job very well.
I hope McConnell stays in office for many years to come.

Well said!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top