Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:06 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Yes she does have a beautiful voice! I love bluegrass too.
Here's some good bluegrass missy, looks like they may have a bottle of white lightin sittin on the table. I bet these guys have a lot of good times.

YouTube - AK bluegrass alaska campfire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Here's some good bluegrass missy, looks like they may have a bottle of white lightin sittin on the table. I bet these guys have a lot of good times.

YouTube - AK bluegrass alaska campfire
Thank you hun!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:57 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
What do yall think about Cherryholmes? They sure play some hard driving bluegrass considering they are out of California. Cia has the voice and plays a mean banjo. And they've got the twin fiddle sound going on. That's what I'm talking about.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,127 times
Major thread resurrection here, but I remember when she first came out with that song, When You Say Nothing At All. I was only in my early teens at the time, but was really into country music and that was a popular song when it came out. They played it a lot on the radio and that's when I was first exposed to her music. Boy she had/has a great voice! I have just now started listening to her music again and she is just as good, if not better now than she's ever been. And I don't know about you all, but boy has she gotten prettier over the years! Usually it's the other way around, but damn she looks better than ever. She used to be kind of chunky and had that short hair that made her look older than she actually was back in the nineties, but she's lost a lot of weight and just looks so much hotter now than then.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Yep...she is great I love her music. Does she have anything new? I haven't heard much from her lately. And yah...as the young folks would say "She is Hot" and your right football...she gets better with age. Her and Robert Plant seem like a mismatch to me though, don't you think?

Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I don't think I'm deserving of such a blessing. Listening to her sing takes me to another place. I imagine it's somewhere between heaven and earth. I heard Brad Paisley say once that if the angels don't sing as beautifully as Alison, he'd rather stay here. Do you guys and galls reckon that God gives us glimpses of heaven here on earth? Anyone here lucky enough to have seen her in concert? I just discovered her a year ago and while her voice was an aquirred taste for me at first (it was so delicate and different), there's not another voice more heavenly than hers. There's not a whole lot of people in my age group in Texas that know her or like bluegrass.

Dolly Parton did it first. Did it better too, as far as I am concerned.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM

728 posts, read 1,675,964 times
One of my favorite musicians ever. My wife and I seen her in Louisville back in 2011, when her last album, Paper Airplane, came out. One time wasn't enough, so we drove down to Chattanooga last Summer and seen her at the historic Tivoli Theater in downtown Chattanooga.
One of the best performers ever, you'll swear that you're hearing the a studio recording when Alison and Union Station are performing. All of the band are very personable and seem down to earth-Dan Tyminski, Ron Block and Barry Bales. The kind of guys you would like to have living next door.

And I agree with some of the earlier comments-Alison keeps getting easier on the eyes.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM

728 posts, read 1,675,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Yep...she is great I love her music. Does she have anything new? I haven't heard much from her lately. And yah...as the young folks would say "She is Hot" and your right football...she gets better with age. Her and Robert Plant seem like a mismatch to me though, don't you think?
Google "Paper Airplane" and check out some of the songs on YouTube. Another great Alison album and won several Grammys last year.

I was never a fan of the Robert Plant/Krauss collaboration. There's some decent stuff on their album they produced, "Raising Sand," but IMO, Alison is best when she's performing with Union Station. Just a real tight band.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: