Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 12:30 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,375,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Vladimir McConnell quit representing Kentucky a long time ago. Now he just wants to vote against every bill the Democrats want. If the two Democrats in the Georgia run off elections this month win, McConnell loses his majority leader job.
Check. Check. And congrats on your new job, Mitch....Senate Minority Leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 01:55 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Protesters, many armed, gather for a 'patriot rally' outside Kentucky state Capitol

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ol/6586529002/

Old 01-10-2021, 05:33 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Protesters, many armed, gather for a 'patriot rally' outside Kentucky state Capitol

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ol/6586529002/
Let’s not leave off this part, please.
Quote:
And the roughly three-hour event was peaceful, with no apparent acts of violence or attempts by participants to enter the statehouse.
There is nothing wrong with what they did. Timing stinks, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to gather and have their say.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:48 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
Trump and the democrats want to give you $2000 instead of $600

You’ve paid enough in taxes through the years, why shouldn’t you get $2000?

Does mitch mcconnell represent your interests in getting what is rightfully yours?
yes, somebody has to look after those who are successful. Poor people are depressing.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:05 PM

12 posts, read 13,516 times
Have had it with Turtle
never again will I waste a vote for him

I think he could care less and will not run again in 26

Old 01-20-2021, 08:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
Apparently he has reflected the will of the majority of Kentuckians to be represented by him.
The people of KY are certainly NOT keeping Mitch in office, corruption and collusion are the only reason why he continues to be re elected...

I highly doubt 'the people' have had a say in elections in a very long time.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:32 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The people of KY are certainly NOT keeping Mitch in office, corruption and collusion are the only reason why he continues to be re elected...

So you believe the votes of Kentucky voters are not being reported truthfully? Do you have a source for any information supporting this belief?

Old 01-20-2021, 08:13 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
So you believe the votes of Kentucky voters are not being reported truthfully? Do you have a source for any information supporting this belief?
No, there is no source. I will tell you that in my part of the state there were McConnell signs in abundance, not as many as Trump, but certainly noticeably more than McGrath. Additionally, polling from the summer on consistently showed McGrath had higher unfavorability ratings than McConnell. Neither were going to win any Miss Congeniality contests, they both were unlike but for different reasons. It is worth remembering that McGrath was almost primaried despite outspending her opponent by $10+ million (in a state of just 4 million). For Heaven’s sake, even national Democrats and the national media threw in the towel around late August/early September. I have no clue why anyone could possibly think he wasn’t going to win.

Good grief, Trump got 62% of the vote. McConnell got 56%, which isn’t even close. Both races were some of the first called in the nation.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Just a feeling,

Old 05-22-2021, 02:16 PM

124 posts, read 108,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

I lived in KY for 17 years then moved for work 15 years ago and I still call the Bluegrass state home. For the life of me I don't know how he keeps getting reelected... he has brought little (if any) bacon home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: