Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:16 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,898,823 times

Advertisements

I guess only Bush and Clinton are the two familes that can run this country? What does Hillary bring to the table? What does Obama bring to the table? I mean, no matter who is the Democratic candidate, I will be voting for them in November. It makes me want to puke at the thought of four more years of a Bush-clone. So what is it about Obama that the people of KY dislike so much? Is it the ol' race card? My bet is yes.

Last edited by kentuckydad95; 05-09-2008 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
I didn't know people in KY hated Obama. Learn something new everyday.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I didn't know people in KY hated Obama. Learn something new everyday.
Yeah that was harsh...I made an edit.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
I don't hate OBama at all! I have been quite torn between Clinton and Obama truthfully, but believe I'm beginning to lean towards Obama. Truthfully, my favorite ticket would be Obama Pres and Clinton as his VP - but will never happen. I think Clinton would bring a very unique perspective to the White House. I was also a Bill Clinton fan, despite his problems with his zipper. I think the US was so much better off and have hated to see what's happened with several issues under Bush. I somehow feel that Bill's influence would be there with Hillary sitting in the Oval Office. However, when you look at Clinton vs Obama - if I had to vote today, it would be for Mr. Obama. Again, I'd love to see him pick her as his VP!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 PM

285 posts, read 901,902 times
bluegrassgirl ITA 100% I think some serious changes could be made with those two. Obama would do better if he had Clinton next to him. She has more connection with Washington. I'm really hoping we can get some form of universal health system set up. No one should have to go with out or can't afford to refill costly drugs or co pays. JMHO

Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo0854 View Post
I'm really hoping we can get some form of universal health system set up. No one should have to go with out or can't afford to refill costly drugs or co pays. JMHO
How you going to pay for it? More taxes? Gas is high and food cost have gone up. And of you listen to the main stream media the economy in the dumper and everyone is being foreclosed on and out of work ... so how you going to pay for it? You do not create growth buy increasing taxes.

The government has done a stellar job with VA Health Care and Public Schools ... and you want them in charge? Cripes they can't even secure the broader and you think they're going to fix health care ... be real. They're selling you snake oil and you're buying it.

Facts are there isn't a decent canidate running on either side and we are in for 4 really bad years ... but we had to go through Carter and double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates the get to Reagan.

Health care needs to be reformed but government doesn't need to do it. The people need to take control and get rid of HMO and Group plans and have individual plans where people take ownership of what is spent. It's called free enterprise and a competitive market place.

If you want something to grow and bloat and become a gaping flesh wound bleeding cash ... put government in charge of it.

Clinton is corrupt, Obama doesn't have experience (and I don't care for his friends), and McCain is nothing but a liberal in conservative clothing. All really poor choices. Write in Romney he's a business man with common sense and government is a bad business currently with no common sense.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 AM

I don't believe that Universal Healthcare is the answer for our healthcare crisis either. It's much more complex though that getting rid of HMOs. I'm not sure that I know the answer honestly.... but I do know there are issues on the consumer side as well as in the healthcare industry.

It's funny that you don't like any of the candidates. I was talking with a friend of mine who typically votes a straight republican ticket. I never vote straight anything as I feel that takes away my right to make decisions. I voted for Daddy Bush, but not "W". I think Bill Clinton will go down in history as one of the greatest presidents we ever had.... time will tell the answer to that. I think we have three super candidates this year and honestly don't think that anyone could screw things up worse that Bush has. Time will tell about that too. With the fact that Bush has the lowest popularity ratings of all time, I suspect that most Americans feel the same as I do. Compared to him, I think Barney the purple dinosaur might do a better job. BTW, I wasn't a Carter fan neither, although I think he's probably one of the greatest men on earth.... just wasn't the best of presidents, but far from the worst.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
I think we have three super candidates this year and honestly don't think that anyone could screw things up worse that Bush has.
That is a given!!! Hell, I couldn't do any worse then what we got right now. Bush's legacy is set. It will be a picture of him with his "Mission Accomplished" banner in the background and below, will have the running total of dead for this useless war. Jimmy Carter may have sucked at the presidency, but he wasn't responsible for 4,000+ deaths. Everyone thought it couldn't get any worse after the first four years of W...but he fooled us all!!! Go ahead and vote for McCain. It will be another four years of destruction.

And don't worry, if Hillary get's in, there will be no way universal healthcare makes it through the house and senate. Hell, the only time the house and senate come together on an issue, it is when their salaries come up for a vote. Another issue for another day.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Hell, the only time the house and senate come together on an issue, it is when their salaries come up for a vote. Another issue for another day.

LOL Isn't that amazing the way that works!

The war is actually as big of an issue for me as our economy and healthcare. I have a son who joined the national guard last fall. He has a couple of years before he will leave to enable him to complete college. I pray everyday that we are out of the middle east. I'm afraid as our boys come home from Iraq that the bulk may just end up elsewhere though. I support our troups, just not this particular war effort. Didn't understand when we started it and I don't understand it now. The war and the lives already lost is probably my top priority in picking a candidate. I want it to stop. JMO

Old 05-10-2008, 06:49 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
That is a given!!! Hell, I couldn't do any worse then what we got right now. Bush's legacy is set. It will be a picture of him with his "Mission Accomplished" banner in the background and below, will have the running total of dead for this useless war. Jimmy Carter may have sucked at the presidency, but he wasn't responsible for 4,000+ deaths. Everyone thought it couldn't get any worse after the first four years of W...but he fooled us all!!! Go ahead and vote for McCain. It will be another four years of destruction.

And don't worry, if Hillary get's in, there will be no way universal healthcare makes it through the house and senate. Hell, the only time the house and senate come together on an issue, it is when their salaries come up for a vote. Another issue for another day.

I think it is a culture thing why people want vote for Obama. I think he would do right by Kentucky. you are so right, the only time the Congress and Senate agree on is there pay raises and how many days they are not in session
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky