Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 10:33 AM

266 posts, read 235,768 times

Advertisements

People in Kentucky aren’t complying w the mask mandate right? In a huge state w tons of space and very conservative...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 04:54 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Depends on where in the state you are. In my area folks are very compliant, I honestly can’t remember the last time I walked in a store where there was anyone over the age of 5-6 without a mask. I shop in Louisville frequently, same thing. The last timeI saw a person in a store without a mask was right after a Memorial Day in Somerset.

Where are you seeing people without them?

Old 04-29-2021, 09:22 AM

501 posts, read 1,064,325 times
Yeah, I'd say Kentuckians are pretty compliant. During 2020, I lived in Nashville and my family lived in western KY (they still do). There was a definite contrast in the attitudes between rural TN and rural KY. I think it had a lot to do with Kentucky's Democratic governor.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:31 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
I have never understood how a Pandemic, a vaccine or a mask have anything to do with Politics.
Apples and oranges.
Wearing a Mask isn't a Political statement to me, its hoping not to contract and and especially not spreading a virus that could kill other people. That alone makes it worth it.
Everyone pretty much is wearing masks in this part of Lexington.
(I have only seen 2 little kids not wearing them recently.)

Old 04-29-2021, 09:25 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
I'm sorry to say here in western Ky. there are more and more not wearing them. I've talked to a few who said they got their two shots so they aren't going to wear their masks, and I've also seen some who never wore one and said they never will. A lady asked me why I still wear mine. I told her I wear it for my wife and everybody else, and for common decency.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:48 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,609 times
With all these people not wearing mask, the hospitals must be full...correct?

Old 04-30-2021, 11:58 AM

53 posts, read 127,693 times
I was in Corbin a couple of weekends ago helping my father and I was surprised at the number of people not wearing masks, maybe only 25% of non-employees had masks on and businesses appeared not to be enforcing the mandates. Governor Beshear is not very popular from what I saw/heard. Same in Augusta this past weekend - appeared almost like pre-COVID times....

Old 04-30-2021, 12:23 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw366 View Post
I was in Corbin a couple of weekends ago helping my father and I was surprised at the number of people not wearing masks, maybe only 25% of non-employees had masks on and businesses appeared not to be enforcing the mandates. Governor Beshear is not very popular from what I saw/heard. Same in Augusta this past weekend - appeared almost like pre-COVID times....
I would like to have data on the vaccine rates for those rural counties, most will likely be lower than the national average. If they have additional problems, too bad.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:51 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I would like to have data on the vaccine rates for those rural counties, most will likely be lower than the national average. If they have additional problems, too bad.
Well, look'um up, you're most likely wrong and if you are remotely correct it's because they weren't allowed to get enough vaccine to align with the national average. Otherwise why would FEMA be compelled to set up vaccine sites in the area? But, we at least know where our heart is.

I guess, if they don't have additional problems...well damn.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:46 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Well, look'um up, you're most likely wrong and if you are remotely correct it's because they weren't allowed to get enough vaccine to align with the national average. Otherwise why would FEMA be compelled to set up vaccine sites in the area? But, we at least know where our heart is.

I guess, if they don't have additional problems...well damn.

No, around, 20-30% on average have been vaccinated for most of the counties in eastern Kentucky. That's the data:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky