Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,648 times

Advertisements

Hi there

I just accept a job in Evansville, IN. I am moving to Henderson Kentucky from CA next month. I am currently trying to look for an apartment, which side of the Henderson will be better to stay? I am trying to look up some apartments on Google, does Saddlebrook or barret apartments are good places to live?

Anyone knows any good apartments available?

Thanks so much!
Sincerely,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 01:37 PM

66 posts, read 138,662 times
So you posted your questions over two weeks ago and have gotten a lot of good informative responses LOL J/K. I am curious why you want to live in Henderson while working in Evansville? Also, where in CA are you moving from. I lived in SoCal for 30 years, Temecula, for the last 18 years I was there.

I have lived in the Evansville/Newburgh area for many years and can only say that there are plenty of nice apartments over the whole area. I have been to and traveled through Henderson quite a bit but I don't really know the town well enough to give any opinions on where to live. Hopefully, someone who is knowledgeable about Henderson will jump on here and help you out. Good Luck!

Old 08-07-2021, 03:54 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
I hadn't seen this thread, Summer. Contact the Chamber of Commerce. Believe they have a list of all rentals in the city and county. I lived in Henderson and Union County, the next county over, for 30 years.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:36 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
I used to drive from Henderson to Evansville for work and school. It was the worst. Do not recommend.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:04 PM

33 posts, read 20,084 times
I wouldn’t recommend living in Henderson or Evansville personally

Old 09-12-2021, 07:25 PM

Between the two, I'd rather live in Henderson, but one thing you have to watch out for is the twin bridges over the Ohio River. If there's an accident on one of the bridges, traffic will back up for miles. Don't know how much you've been to Henderson yet, but I've seen a traffic accident on the north bound bridge with traffic backed up to the Second Street ramp. That's the next ramp down past the cloverleaf.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:48 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Between the two, I'd rather live in Henderson, but one thing you have to watch out for is the twin bridges over the Ohio River. If there's an accident on one of the bridges, traffic will back up for miles. Don't know how much you've been to Henderson yet, but I've seen a traffic accident on the north bound bridge with traffic backed up to the Second Street ramp. That's the next ramp down past the cloverleaf.
I've also seen traffic backed up for miles because of construction/reconstruction on the Indiana side north of the bridges to I-69. Not fun.

Don't know if in the new infrastructure bill there may be money for the new I-69 Ohio river bridge. Not sure if they have decided to keep both bridges open & if they charge toll on the old bridge while they charge on the new one.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:37 PM

GWoodle, I used to work for the state highway department in Union County, but we worked in Henderson Co. from time to time. There were a couple years we had to go up and sweep the sand and trash off the curb on both bridges. Even though we had our lane closed, we were glad when we got done.
I used to have to work, and flag traffic on the Shawneetown Bridge, over the Ohio River from Union Co. to Illinois. You couldn't see when traffic pulled onto the bridge, but semis and grain trucks would make the bridge bounce a little. That's how you knew they were coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: