Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 09:34 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times

Advertisements

I moved to a town in KY of less than 9000 people. Bowling Green is a fairly large city compared to where I live. I'm certain you have considerably more restaurants in Bowling Green than where I am. Since I came from Southern California you can imagine I had every type of restaurant imaginable available to me almost 24/7 from mom and pop inexpensive places, to high end cuisine from around the world.
When I moved here I never expected to find anywhere near the same types of foods and restaurants that were available to me back there. Overall, it wasn't on my list of important things I wanted. Still I look forward to and enjoy the local food and the local mom and pop places here. I think the best burger I've ever eaten in my life came from a local restaurant on the other side of town. Eating out here is a treat for me which I totally enjoy maybe once or twice a month. I don't go out to eat in order to eat something healthy. Do I miss all the restaurants that used to be available to me? I really don't because living here more than makes up for it and I was never a foodie. If I considered myself a foodie then I probably never would have moved here. I'm also capable of making a New York cheesecake at home better than 98% of the restaurants will sell even in SoCal. My very first job while still in high school was working in a restaurant.

I'm just giving you another perspective from someone who also had all the restaurants available you can imagine. It's just not that important to me. As far as eating healthy, it's very easy to do when you buy your own fresh food and cook it in a healthy way at home. The nice people here, low crime, no traffic, low cost of living, 4 seasons, clean air, green lush hills, abundant water more than make up for it.
That's just my reality for a different perspective.

Last edited by marino760; 04-26-2022 at 10:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 01:14 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I moved to a town in KY of less than 9000 people. Bowling Green is a fairly large city compared to where I live. I'm certain you have considerably more restaurants in Bowling Green than where I am. Since I came from Southern California you can imagine I had every type of restaurant imaginable available to me almost 24/7 from mom and pop inexpensive places, to high end cuisine from around the world.
When I moved here I never expected to find anywhere near the same types of foods and restaurants that were available to me back there. Overall, it wasn't on my list of important things I wanted. Still I look forward to and enjoy the local food and the local mom and pop places here. I think the best burger I've ever eaten in my life came from a local restaurant on the other side of town. Eating out here is a treat for me which I totally enjoy maybe once or twice a month. I don't go out to eat in order to eat something healthy. Do I miss all the restaurants that used to be available to me? I really don't because living here more than makes up for it and I was never a foodie. If I considered myself a foodie then I probably never would have moved here. I'm also capable of making a New York cheesecake at home better than 98% of the restaurants will sell even in SoCal. My very first job while still in high school was working in a restaurant.

I'm just giving you another perspective from someone who also had all the restaurants available you can imagine. It's just not that important to me. As far as eating healthy, it's very easy to do when you buy your own fresh food and cook it in a healthy way at home. The nice people here, low crime, no traffic, low cost of living, 4 seasons, clean air, green lush hills, abundant water more than make up for it.
That's just my reality for a different perspective.
A nice perspective at that, and thank you!

I've always been a foodie, guess because when I was little we were dirt poor....and ate everything we were fortunate enough to have.

I've been coming to Kentucky since in my 20's to the Derby...my Cousin went to WKU in BG...and we visited his friends here but were only here for a day, so we didn't have time to eat out...b/c we'd always come out for the weekend.

I didn't move here for the food, but never realized it until after I moved here that the restaurants were like this, I don't know, I guess I expected them to be pretty much the same here....when we visited we always ate with friends...

and yes, I to can make New York Cheesecake, I just mentioned what desserts they serve.

Oh and let me tell you, the cost of living here has gone up extremely, not cheap any more...that's for sure...real estate has doubled and so has apartment living, it's outrageous, b/c jobs here do not pay that kind of money.

My reality is what I've explained before, I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings, just plant seeds as BG is growing so fast, and change is needed...again, everyone I've talked to in the past 3 years about this agrees with me and always says, "when we want good food we drive to Nashville." ONe of my doctors discussed this with me and I asked him why people especially locals, do not speak up about this more openly and candidly...b/c he was saying how they loved the food when they went on vacation to another state, compared to the food here in his home town. His answer was, "I don't know".

I moved here b/c my family lives here and the winters are a lot more milder...it is certainly beautiful and the people are very polite, friendly and hospitable. Love them....but I really didn't expect the restaurants to be this way...honestly...they need to step it up and more diners need to open with more selections. O'Charleys was great but they've taken so many staples off their menu...Cheddars is ok, but again, not much of a selection.

Oh, and a lot of people I've talked with like you, live outside of BG...in other areas that are less populated. Wish I could, but cannot. Your very fortunate, enjoy it while you can.

Eating out is important to me, b/c I live alone and cooking for one is difficult...but I'm learning to cook more at home now.

Back in PA I ate out a lot....

Old 04-26-2022, 07:23 PM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
You have every right to voice your opinion and obviously as you said others agree with you....so maybe it will bring about change. I am sort of surprised since Bowling Green is a college town/city.
Here in Lexington we have tons of different restaurants and ethic restaurants.

But You do live in a smaller city. Maybe it will improve as the city grows.
Maybe you should move to a larger city if you are such a foodie? Or back home as you call it.
I mean this seems to be of great importance to you. Even if it does eventually change, change will come slowly generally on things like this.

But complaining about all the fried food and fried chicken....Honey, welcome to Kentucky!
What exactly did you expect? It is a southern state and the cuisine is southern. No one is going to want to apologize for that.
It's kind of like someone moving to China and complaining about all the Asian food!!!!

I know fried food isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but it culturally and historically the norm
for the region.

I do agree with you, I can't stand fast food and never eat that.

You think it is too far to travel to Nashville for a special meal sometimes?
My Uncle use to live in Bowling Green and work in Nashville and did the commute 5 days a week!

I like healthy foods too, but have learned to cook, and have learned that I love to cook!
We rarely eat out any more.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 04-26-2022 at 07:49 PM..

Old 04-26-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Crazee Cat Lady You have every right to voice your opinion and obviously as you said others agree with you....so maybe it will bring about change. I am sort of surprised since Bowling Green is a college town/city.
Here in Lexington we have tons of different restaurants and ethic restaurants.
Thank you

Quote:
But You do live in a smaller city. Maybe it will improve as the city grows.
Maybe you should move to a larger city if you are such a foodie? Or back home as you call it.
I mean this seems to be of great importance to you. Even if it does eventually change, change will come slowly generally on things like this.
This town is fastly growing, traffic is aweful....wait another 5 years...lol

Quote:
But complaining about all the fried food and fried chicken....Honey, welcome to Kentucky!
What exactly did you expect? It is a southern state and the cuisine is southern. No one is going to want to apologize for that.
It's kind of like someone moving to China and complaining about all the Asian food!!!!
honestly I don't know what I expected, just at the time, my son wanted me to move out here, and I complied...wanted to be nearer to them.

And please don't see it as complianing, but more so a perspective from a different area....I expect southern food, but what I didn't expect is the restaurants being so limited...menus limited...and fried food no longer agrees with me...along with gravies...

Quote:
I know fried food isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but it culturally and historically the norm
for the region.
I know...that now....lol

Quote:
You think it is too far to travel to Nashville for a special meal sometimes?
My Uncle use to live in Bowling Green and work in Nashville and did the commute 5 days a week!
Yes, I know, the younger people do travel there, and I have myself a few years back, and love it there, but hate, hate, hate, driving down 65 into Nashville. I'm much older now, and no longer drive much....
Grand daughter was going to go to school there, but decided not to....but your right...

food is very expensive in Nashville, kids go down there maybe once a month or more, but everything is a la cart....before the bombing we used to go to the Brazilian steak house there, but it's gone now, don't know if it'll be back.

If your interested in what I'm talking about go look at the restaurant's menus that I mentioned above, and I believe you'll understand better....

also, diners back home are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Here they are only open until 2 and close for the day. The better restaurants open at 5 or 5:30 p.m.

I guess it's all about what your used to...but if you went back east, you'd learn but quick what I'm talking about by looking at one menu. My DIL was overwhelmed and now loves to go back east to visit...just to eat the food....lol

Quote:
I like healthy foods too, but have learned to cook, and have learned that I love to cook!
We rarely eat out any more.
But the difference is, Your a We. I cook once a week for the kids, but have gone out to eat for years, but as I said in my last post, not so much any longer since I moved here....

thanks a bunch for your perspectives...

Old 04-27-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
food is very expensive in Nashville, kids go down there maybe once a month or more, but everything is a la cart....before the bombing we used to go to the Brazilian steak house there, but it's gone now, don't know if it'll be back.
Bombing?
Quote:
also, diners back home are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Here they are only open until 2 and close for the day. The better restaurants open at 5 or 5:30 p.m.
Why would they possibly close at 2 pm????They would totally miss the dinner crowd.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:16 AM

Just looking up restaurants in Bowling Green. Maybe try:

India Oven serves Indian food (which can be very healthy) is open until 10 pm.
India Oven

Maybe you should try the Bistro, they are open until 9pm.
They have Vegan and Vegetarian Options, so they do have some healthier things on their menu.
The Bistro

Rafferty's usually closes at midnight or 1 am.
Although it varies, They appear to have some healthier options on their menu
They also say they are vegetarian friendly.
Rafferty's

Anna's serves Greek food (Yummy) and is open until 9 pm.
Anna's

440 Main has Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options and is open until 9 pm
10 on weekends.
440 Main

Gerard's has Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options and is open until 9 pm.
Gerard's
https://www.gerards1907tavern.com/

Shogun Bistro serves Asian food and is open until 10...11 pm on fri and sat.
Shogun

Thai Thai has healthy Thai food and closes at 9 pm

Thai Thai

Thai Express closes at 9 pm too and has healthy Thai food.

Thai Express

Chuy's serves Mexican food and is open until 8 (9 on weekends)
Chuy's

The Montana Grill has Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options
they stay open until 10 or 11 pm except on Sundays they close early.
The Montana Grill

Boba has Vietnamese food.
Boba's

There is:

Simply Ramen
Bushido's Japanese

Novo Dolce has Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options
and is open until 10 pm. (11 on fri and sat.)
Novo Dolce

Yuki's has Japanese food and is open until 10 pm
Yuki's

Mariah's is open until 10pm and has Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options
Mariah's

El Mazatlan's has vegetarian and gluten free options and is open until 10 pm.

El Mazatlan

Juicy Seafood is open until 10pm...11 pm on fri and sat.
https://juicyseafoodky.com/

Tsunami Asian Cuisine serves healthy Asian food and is open until 9 pm
Tsunami's

Pho BC serves Vietnamese food and is open until 9 every day but Sunday.
Pho BC

Ichiban is open until 10 pm except on Sundays and serves Japanese food.
Ichiban's

Roosters is open until midnight-1 am on fridays and Sat.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Kentucky.html
O'Charley's is open until 9 pm and has a varied menu.
O'Charley's

Cheddars says it is vegetarian friendly and stays open until 10...11 on friday and saturday
Cheddars

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 04-27-2022 at 07:49 AM..

Old 04-27-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Bombing?

Why would they possibly close at 2 pm????They would totally miss the dinner crowd.
yes, don't you remember the truck out front that had a bomb in it...it destroyed the Brazilian Steak house and others on that block, right across from the parking garage.

I don't know why, many of the diners do close at 2 p.m. here....the better restaurants open at 5 or 5:30

Old 04-27-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Crazee Cat Lady; Just looking up restaurants in Bowling Green. Maybe try:
OK, thanks, but believe me, I've been to most of them....

Quote:
India Oven serves Indian food (which can be very healthy) is open until 10 pm.
India Oven
Have not been here yet....but plan to

Quote:
Maybe you should try the Bistro, they are open until 9pm.
They have Vegan and Vegetarian Options, so they do have some healthier things on their menu.
The Bistro
We go here for birthday dinners sometimes....but I would call it a restaurant, not a diner. Last time we were there, the sauces they use were so rich, my kids couldn't finish their Gnnoci and I my rabbit, they served one, tiny leg with an extremely rich sauce...but their salmon is good...and so is their harvest salad. Its just the sauces they use, are so rich...next time, I'll ask for it on the side...

Quote:
Rafferty's usually closes at midnight or 1 am.
Although it varies, They appear to have some healthier options on their menu
They also say they are vegetarian friendly.
Rafferty's
yes, been here a lot, again a restaurant, not a diner, I love their prime rib sandwhich and their salads, sometimes pick up a salad to go....

Quote:
Anna's serves Greek food (Yummy) and is open until 9 pm.
Anna's
Was not crazy about Annas, we went there for a family dinner, again, restaurant, not diner. The food we got was fine, but they served nothing between appetizers and the entrees, no rolls, nothing...and instead of bringing our appetizers out all together, they bought them out, one by one, there were five of us, and 5 appetizers to a plate, and we had to wait inbetween, next time, if there is a next time, we'll tell them to bring out all of the apps, at one time. It might have been a new server, but again, not a diner.

Quote:
440 Main has Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options and is open until 9 pm
10 on weekends.
440 Main
Have not tried this one, DIL says it's so so.

Quote:
Gerard's has Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options and is open until 9 pm.
Gerard's
https://www.gerards1907tavern.com/
Its ok

Quote:
Shogun Bistro serves Asian food and is open until 10...11 pm on fri and sat.
Shogun
Enjoy it here, but not a diner, it is a show place....been here twice

Quote:
Thai Thai has healthy Thai food and closes at 9 pm
Not tried it

Quote:
Chuy's serves Mexican food and is open until 8 (9 on weekends)
Chuy's
Go here by myself quit a bit, good food, good prices, but how much Mexican can you eat?

Quote:
The Montana Grill has Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options
they stay open until 10 or 11 pm except on Sundays they close early.
The Montana Grill
LIke this place but it's mostly steak....as is Rafertys, not a diner

Quote:
Novo Dolce has Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options
and is open until 10 pm. (11 on fri and sat.)
Novo Dolce
We've been here several times....but again, limited menu, it's a sports bar atmosphere, no a diner.

Quote:
Yuki's has Japanese food and is open until 10 pm
Yuki's
Been here, it's fine

Quote:
Mariah's is open until 10pm and has Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options
Mariah's
Been here, love it, nice menu but again, not a diner, its a better restaurant

Quote:
El Mazatlan's has vegetarian and gluten free options and is open until 10 pm.
Quote:
El Mazatlan
Been here, Mexican food

Quote:
Juicy Seafood is open until 10pm...11 pm on fri and sat.
https://juicyseafoodky.com/
Can't eat shell fish

Quote:
Tsunami Asian Cuisine serves healthy Asian food and is open until 9 pm
Tsunami's
Love their PHO and go here for their PHO

Quote:
Pho BC serves Vietnamese food and is open until 9 every day but Sunday.
Pho BC
In my opinion, best for their PHO

Quote:
Ichiban is open until 10 pm except on Sundays and serves Japanese food.
Ichiban's
Been here twice , it's nice, small, limited menu

Quote:
Roosters is open until midnight-1 am on fridays and Sat.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Kentucky.html
another fast food chicken place

Quote:
O'Charley's is open until 9 pm and has a varied menu.
O'Charley's
I go here a lot, they have deleted their Prime Rib dinner, no longer serve their sweet potato fries, no longer to the free pie give away on Wed. nights and their business had declined...because they are taking so much off their menu that people loved.

Quote:
Cheddars says it is vegetarian friendly and stays open until 10...11 on friday and saturday
Cheddars
[/quote]

Go here a lot, but again limited menu....and they took off their meatloaf dinner, but would consider it a diner...limited desserts

I thank you for going thru all this been to most of these places and more, but their menus are limited...and you couldn't afford the Bistro, Raffertys, Montana Grill, Annas, etc, every night....but they are good...

Google Roy Ann Diner, in Perkasie, and check out not only their menu, but the veggies they serve, and they change their specials every day plus their menus, plus they have an outstanding dessert menu

Google The John's Plain and Fancy Diner in Quakertown, check out their menu, and they used to have a salad bar

Google the A&N Dinner in Perkasie This diner is somewhat limited compared to others, but certainly has more on the menu then 3 entrees and 2 or 3 desserts....

This is what I'm referring to....Check out their prices and also their array of veggies...you can choose from....

Thanks again.....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-27-2022 at 07:57 AM..

Old 04-27-2022, 08:35 AM

I'll try and explain this again, a restaurant to me, is fine dining, more expensive

A Diner, to me is a place you don't have to dress up jeans and a T-shirt are appropriate, and you go in and they have a wide variety of foods, more healthy choices, a lot of veggies on the menu, here the diners are somewhat smaller, you walk in and there are only 3 entrees written on a blackboard on the wall, that's it, the rest of the items are sandwiches, and hamburgers....and are only open until 2 p.m., no dinners.

This here is just the Specials Menu
Which changes every day, even Sat and Sunday and they are open for lunch and dinner

BROILED SEAFOOD IMPERIAL

homemade zesty imperial sauce mixed w/ shrimp, scallops, lobster blend served w/ 2 vegetables

$14.99

CHICKEN MARYLAND

parmesan encrusted chicken breast topped with a Maryland crab cake, grilled asparagus & hollandaise sauce served with 2 vegetables

$14.99

SHRIMP STIR FRY

shrimp sautéed w/ broccoli, Chinese pea pods, carrots, baby cob corn, pearl onions, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, red peppers & rice(no veg)

$12.99

ROAST PORK

over Filling w/ our beef gravy w/ 2 veg

$11.99

HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS

over pasta with 1 vegetable

$11.99

CRISPY FRIED FLOUNDER

breaded in Panko bread crumbs & served w/ 2 vegetables

$14.99

FRIED EGGPLANT PARMESAN

marinara, provolone cheese & 2 vegetables

$11.49

FRESH APPLE & CHICKEN SALAD

a sautéed grilled chicken breast atop a bed of mixed greens ,tossed w/ fresh sliced apples, walnuts, cheddar cheese, crumbled fresh bacon, cranberry raisins, tomatoes, crouton & choice of dressing

$11.99

GRILLED HAMBURGER STEAK

topped with fried onions, fresh sautéed mushrooms & our beef gravy served with 2 vegetables

$11.99

CHICKEN CROQUETTES

breaded in panko bread crumbs, fried and topped with our homemade turkey gravy. served with 2 vegetables

$10.99

Now here are the Everyday Items on their menu
EVERYDAY ENTREES which also includes hamburgers and sandwhiches and soups
Upon availability

SEAFOOD
Served with roll and butter
FRIED COMBINATION SEAFOOD

Breaded scallops, shrimp, crispy fried flounder, deviled crab cake, clam strips and a seafood blend served & 2 Vegetables (No Substitutions)

$19.99

BROILED FRESH OCEAN SCALLOPS

with melted butter & 2 vegetables

$18.99

BROILED MINI SEAFOOD COMBINATION

haddock, shrimp and scallops broiled with butter & paprika, served with melted butter & 2 vegetables

$18.99

BROILED LARGE SHRIMP & SCALLOPS

served with melted butter & 2 vegs

$17.99

SCALLOP & DEVILED CRAB CAKE

our homemade deviled crab cake and fresh ocean scallops broiled to a golden brown served with 2 vegetables

$15.49

BROILED FILET OF FLOUNDER

boneless filet of flounder broiled with butter & paprika and served with melted butter and 2 vegetables

$14.99

BROILED FILET OF HADDOCK

broiled with butter and paprika and served with melted butter and 2 vegetables

$14.99

BROILED STUFFED FLOUNDER

flounder stuffed w/our homemade deviled crab cake, broiled w/ butter & paprika & served w melted butter & 2 vegetables

$14.99

CRISPY FRIED SHRIMP

5 large shrimp in Panko bread crumbs & 2 vegetables

$13.99

BROILED KING BASA GROUPER

broiled with butter and paprika & served with melted butter & 2 vegetables

$13.99

BROILED FRESH TILAPIA

broiled with butter and paprika and served with melted butter and 2 vegetables

$13.99

FRIED OR BROILED DEVILED CRAB CAKES

two of our deviled crab cakes served with 2 vegetables

$11.99

CHICKEN AND VEAL
SMOKEHOUSE CHICKEN BREAST

grilled fresh chicken breast topped with fresh grilled ham, cheddar cheese and gourmet barbecue sauce

$12.99

Chicken Cordon Bleu
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU

grilled chicken breast with fresh sliced ham, swiss cheese and topped with a creamy hollandaise sauce served w 2 vegetables

$12.99

GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST PARMESAN

a boneless chicken breast, grilled and topped with provolone cheese, our homemade marinara sauce served with 2 vegetables

$12.99

FRIED CHICKEN BREAST PARMESAN

a crispy fried chicken breast, topped with provolone cheese & our homemade marinara sauce, served with 2 vegetables

$12.99

VEAL CUTLET PARMESAN

a breaded veal cutlet, fried and topped with provolone cheese and our homemade marinara sauce served with 2 vegetables

$12.99

FRIED CHICKEN FINGERS

four of our breaded chicken fingers, fried to a golden brown, served with 2 vegetables

$11.99

GRILLED FRESH CHICKEN BREAST

served with 2 vegetables

$11.49

BEEF AND PORK
NEW YORK STRIP STEAK

10 oz. NY Strip Steak, grilled with our special blend of seasonings & topped with fried onions & mushrooms served with 2 vegetables.

$19.99

SAUTÉED CALVES LIVER

calves liver lightly floured & sautéed with fresh fried onions & crisp bacon, (gravy upon request), served with 2 vegetables

$11.99

BARBECUED PORK LOIN

our boneless pork loin covered in our homemade roy ann sweet barbecue sauce served with 2 vegetables

$11.99

OLD FASHIONED BAKED MEATLOAF

gravy & served with 2 vegetables

$11.49

GRILLED BONELESS PORK CHOPS

served with 2 vegetables

$11.49

Here are their everyday veggies....

DAILY VEGETABLES

Pickled Beets/Apple Sauce/ Tossed Salad/ Cole Slaw/ Mashed Potatoes/ Baked Beans/ French Fries/ Cottage Cheese-Apple Butter/ Cucumber Salad/ Macaroni Salad/ Pickled Cabbage

SPECIALTY VEGETABLES
These change daily.
Grilled Potato Cake- Buttered Corn- Buttered Fresh Broccoli - Buttered Baby Limas

and usually 2 veggies come with your meal choice...

have you ever heard someone say, I'm hungry for diner food?

This is what I'm talking about....yes, I've been to the better restaurants here, but can't go there 3 times a week....and I frequent O'Charleys and Cheddars but it's always the same menu...no change in specials and very limited....

I'm not complaining, just trying to explain what I believe BG needs, is Diners, which offer a lot of options in their appetizers, main meal and veggies, plus a wide dessert menu....

If you go to Nashville, it's very expensive, and vegtables do not come with your meal, they are 3.00 and 4.00 dollars extra...and for 3 people....

I'm certain there are diners there, but I believe Nashville is known for fine dining.

Does that make sense....

Old 04-29-2022, 09:54 AM

I believe I'm making this whole thing harder than it has to be.....

While I do love finer dining, (who doesn't) it would get very expensive to go out 3 to 4 times a week.

I'm suggesting BG open more diners for dinner...from say 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. with menus that have more on them then 3 meals to pick from on a black board.

Like the examples I've been posting...and not fat food chains....but actual diners where you can go in, sit down with a menu that has everything on it, and a nice choice of desserts.

I do frequent Cheddars and O'Charleys, but there are not many diners available with good diner food at night for supper.

Thants all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky