Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,896 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Question. We will be relocating to northern KY from Texas come July. We have a 10 year old daughter and trying to decide where to buy. Right now we are considering the following neighborhoods- Hearthstone in Florence, Cool Springs in Union or Thornwilde in Hebron.

If anyone has feedback regarding any of the neighborhoods mentioned - I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 06:40 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,770,575 times
What? Why would you want to leave the Great State of Texas for Kentucky of all places?

Seriously, I'm saving up to bail from here as fast as I can for Texas!!!

In all seriousness, there isn't much difference in these three towns, except that Florence is the suburban commercial center of northern Kentucky. I don't know anything about these neighborhoods in particular. However, since Boone Co., where they are, is a suburban county and the names are all "suburbany," I wouldn't worry. All three towns are very nice, but I've always sensed a little "nose up in the air" aura about Florence and Hebron. My personal pick would be Union; BUT, if there is a job involved in downtown Cincinnati, Hebron and Florence are 10 miles from downtown whereas Union is about 18 miles.

All three towns are on the interstate system and provide direct access to CVG Airport, Downtown Cincy, Newport on the Levee, NKU, and all that region has to offer. All three are covered by Boone County Public Schools, have a VERY low crime rate, and have beautiful scenery.

All in all, NKY is my favorite area of Kentucky for living and leisure. I lived there briefly (in nearby Campbell Co.) and grew fond of it very quickly.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 PM

201 posts, read 477,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angroo View Post
Hello!

Question. We will be relocating to northern KY from Texas come July. We have a 10 year old daughter and trying to decide where to buy. Right now we are considering the following neighborhoods- Hearthstone in Florence, Cool Springs in Union or Thornwilde in Hebron.

If anyone has feedback regarding any of the neighborhoods mentioned - I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!
You really can't go wrong with any of those locations. They are all in nice parts of towns and in a good school district. You will close to the major mall, highways, and plenty of food.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,896 times
Thank you! They all seem like nice places and very much a like to me also. Texas will always be home but I am looking forward to some milder summers!!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:43 PM

310 posts, read 1,206,863 times
Default Move to Northern Kentucky

All of those communites are nice and have good schools. If you need more information on schools, try this link. Good luck!

GreatSchools.net

Old 05-23-2008, 02:45 AM

257 posts, read 879,089 times
Welcome to Kentucky. I'm glad you're leaving that horrible state of Texas and coming to something much greater! ;-)
Being from Keller, you should fit in nicely with the locations you are deciding between. Nice suburban communities with close amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky