Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:02 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseOh View Post
Jumping in on this conversation... we lived in Ohio retired to Florida and now are back in KY looking at the Berea/Richmond area homes. Utilities are very confusing! Everyone tells us KU electric is the best (cheapest) but finding a home with it available has not been successful. Does anyone know about Bluegrass RECC or Clark RECC utilities? or Delta Gas?
Sure hope someone can give us some insight! Joe, your journey certainly sounds successful and encouraging.

I am not positive, but I know Ky in general has very low electric rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM

109 posts, read 812,671 times
Smile Utility info

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseOh View Post
Jumping in on this conversation... we lived in Ohio retired to Florida and now are back in KY looking at the Berea/Richmond area homes. Utilities are very confusing! Everyone tells us KU electric is the best (cheapest) but finding a home with it available has not been successful. Does anyone know about Bluegrass RECC or Clark RECC utilities? or Delta Gas?
Sure hope someone can give us some insight! Joe, your journey certainly sounds successful and encouraging.

Hi Rose...Here is the website showing the Electric Distribution Service Areas...It lists the various Utility Co's & shows all 120 counties Color-coded by the Utility Co servicing that county. You may find it helpful. It is in PDF format.

ftp://162.114.3.171/Electric/Electric_Service_Areas_Legal_Size_Map.pdf (broken link)

Here's another site listing the KY Assoc of Electric Co-ops..
http://www.kaec.org/coops/data.htm

Here's the site specifically for Bluegrass RECC..

http://www.kaec.org/coops/bluegrass.htm

I found many of the homes we looked at through the Kentucky Homes Magazine, & many will show what Utility services that home...Be it Electric, Gas and Water/Sewer.

God Bless.

JOE

Last edited by suncoastman; 05-21-2007 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: Changed content

Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 6,918 times
Hello i am new here and i am moving to Berea ky also! its a lovely little ol time town that i can see so far i pray the folks there are friendly as well

Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,918 times
Yes KU is the cheapest out there!! Those other 2 are very HIGH!! You will pay dearly if you have to go with them!! If you can find a home that has KU that be the best way. However finding a location with them is hard what area are you looking for I have KU now where i live.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 PM

190 posts, read 812,003 times
Default Berea

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar61 View Post
Hello i am new here and i am moving to Berea ky also! its a lovely little ol time town that i can see so far i pray the folks there are friendly as well
Well, you are in for a relief because, yep, we are the friendliest bunch around! Just ask Suncoastman.

Welcome to Berea! I'm about 6 miles from there, between Richmond and Berea. Make sure to check out the Artisan Center, the little shops, and Olde Town (with the L&N station!). I'm sure you're going to find lots to do and see. If I can help you find anything, just drop a line. I know where all the best flea markets (Boone Square), antique shops (Something Olde), and restaurants are (Dinner Bell.)!

Good luck, and again, welcome!
~joanna~

Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,451 times
Default Best cell phone coverage?

Hi all,

I am starting a new job in Somerset on 6/18 and am thinking Berea is probably a good place for my wife and me. We had a short visit in early May and really liked it.

We've been in the Tampa area for the last 10 years and are ready for a change of scenery and lifestyle.

Anyhow I'm wondering which cell phone provider has the best coverage of the area, especially between Berea and Somerset (75 and 461). Anybody have any strong recommendations for or against a particular provider? I'm sure the hills can cause lots of dead spots.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 06-10-2007, 06:19 AM

6 posts, read 22,282 times
Unhappy It was meant to be, it wasn't meant to be....

Well, the deal with the house on the mountain fell apart. The seller was goofing off, countering $100 lower than his listing price, and I quit wasting time. Then a couple weeks later, he lowered the price substantially and asked my realtor to inform me, so we started all over again. I met his price in an offer, then he countered and raised his price $4,000! I'm not surprised his house has been on the market over a year, with the games he's playing!

It wasn't meant to be. Then it was. Then it wasn't. So, I'm back to packing everything in order to get the house sold, and we'll just have to come up and rent for a while until we find what we want. But now I'm too sad to look much, because there's not much point in seeing something on the Internet that I can't see "live" for a couple months. One thing I noticed during my visit was that the descriptions/photos in the real estate listings were rarely even close to what you see in person!

Kitty

Old 06-10-2007, 06:44 AM

27 posts, read 131,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkkkatie View Post
Well, the deal with the house on the mountain fell apart. The seller was goofing off, countering $100 lower than his listing price, and I quit wasting time. Then a couple weeks later, he lowered the price substantially and asked my realtor to inform me, so we started all over again. I met his price in an offer, then he countered and raised his price $4,000! I'm not surprised his house has been on the market over a year, with the games he's playing!

It wasn't meant to be. Then it was. Then it wasn't. So, I'm back to packing everything in order to get the house sold, and we'll just have to come up and rent for a while until we find what we want. But now I'm too sad to look much, because there's not much point in seeing something on the Internet that I can't see "live" for a couple months. One thing I noticed during my visit was that the descriptions/photos in the real estate listings were rarely even close to what you see in person!

Kitty
Hi I posted a while ago also looking into this area,
I didn't realize that they could do that, I guess its different in S California.
We were also hoping to move this summer but no one is buying at all in our area, so I guess we will end up trying to sell again next spring if we don't manage to sell this year. Its very disappointing. At the moment they are trying to sell off new homes for next to nothing, we dont stand a chance.

margoa78

Old 06-11-2007, 04:46 AM

190 posts, read 812,003 times
Kkkkatie, sounds like you've run into a money-hungry seller! I'm so sorry! I've always heard that if it was meant to be, it WOULD happen, so maybe that wasn't the house for you. I bet you will find the perfect one, and everything will go smoothly.
I found that if the pics in the books/websites are not exact, either. A good realtor will take more photos and email them to you if you ask. I have a friend who asked her realtor for more photos, since she lives about 2 hours away. The realtor took over 50, and mailed them to her in an album! She bought the house!
All the best,
~joanna~

Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM

109 posts, read 812,671 times
Smile Friendly people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kichenwich View Post
Well, you are in for a relief because, yep, we are the friendliest bunch around! Just ask Suncoastman.

Welcome to Berea! I'm about 6 miles from there, between Richmond and Berea. Make sure to check out the Artisan Center, the little shops, and Olde Town (with the L&N station!). I'm sure you're going to find lots to do and see. If I can help you find anything, just drop a line. I know where all the best flea markets (Boone Square), antique shops (Something Olde), and restaurants are (Dinner Bell.)!

Good luck, and again, welcome!
~joanna~

I moved to this area April 30th., & am constantly amazed by how nice everyone has been to Donna & myself. Whether it's the mail delivery lady, the neighbors, people in the various stores we shop, etc. ALL are just so nice.

We just returned this evening ( Monday) from a trip to NE Ohio ( My oldest grandaughter just graduated from Hi School) & we were so happy we could go, as it is so much closer - only 6 hrs travel time - than the 18 hrs it would have taken us from Brooksville, FL. Even after living almost 18 yrs in FL, I don't miss it one bit.

We thank God every day for leading us to this beautiful State, these wonderful people, & all the nice people on this forum.

God Bless.

Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky