Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2006, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,824 times

Advertisements

It looks like I'll be taking a job in Louisville, and I've heard that Elizabethtown is a great place to live. I'm looking for an apartment and was hoping that you guys could recommend a nice place in Etown.

Also, how bad is the commute up I-65 into Louisville? Google Maps says it's about an hour drive. Is this realistic?? I'd be working near the airport (for a freight forwarder), so I won't have to drive too far into Louisville. What kind of drive-time can I expect from Etown?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I should probably specify that I'm single, so I'm just looking for a simple 1 or 2 bedroom place, nothing really fancy. My general understanding is that something like that would be approx $500-600 per month.

Anything within walking distance to a park/coffee shop/etc would be a bonus.

Anyway, I look forward to your responses.

Thanks,
Belmeade

Last edited by Marka; 07-10-2006 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2006, 08:48 PM

108 posts, read 763,120 times
Quote:
Also, how bad is the commute up I-65 into Louisville? Google Maps says it's about an hour drive. Is this realistic?? I'd be working near the airport (for a freight forwarder), so I won't have to drive too far into Louisville. What kind of drive-time can I expect from Etown?
I'll answer this question first. I have not been to Etown so as for morning commute, not really sure. I can tell you though that your commute estimate is probably going to be pretty close (40-50 min average) based on talking with some of my friends. The best part is traffic normally is not too bad on south end of I-65 (where you'll be coming in). Most of the traffic issues happen on I-64 and Spaghetti Junction downtown (the engineer who though merging 3 interstates together at the same point in a downtown should be shot...or if dead, he should be dug up and shot). I-65 is not a bad drive and you'll be treated to a pretty rural landscape till you hit the city.

Quote:
It looks like I'll be taking a job in Louisville, and I've heard that Elizabethtown is a great place to live
//www.city-data.com/forum/kentu...abethtown.html

That thread might help answer a few of your questions about elizabethtown. Elizabethtown is a city in Hardin County, Kentucky, United States. The population was 22,542 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Hardin County. The town is regionally referred to as "E-town." It is notable as one of two larger towns (the other being Bowling Green) along I-65 between Louisville and Nashville. In the city the population was spread out with 24.9% under the age of 18, 9.0% from 18 to 24, 30.8% from 25 to 44, 21.3% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. The median income for a household in the city was $35,823, and the median income for a family was $45,399.

Quote:
I'm looking for an apartment and was hoping that you guys could recommend a nice place in Etown....I should probably specify that I'm single, so I'm just looking for a simple 1 or 2 bedroom place, nothing really fancy. My general understanding is that something like that would be approx $500-600 per month.
Well, having never been there myself, that part is kind of hard for me to answer. I did do a little browsing around though and can give you at least a starter:

http://www.elizabethtownky.org/home.shtml

Has a community calender, city facts, etc.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...hin-Hills.html

This website rated the Dolphin Hills partments in Elizabethtown.

http://local.yahoo.com/ky/elizabetht...te/Apartments/

There is a link (with map included) to several apartment complexs in the E-town area.

Hope this helps. As for the apartment thing, you may want to take a mini-vacation and tour some of the apartments before moving in. I find that that is usually the best policy. Oh yeah, and by the way, welcome to the Louisville/e-town/mt. washington/Kentuckiana region!

Old 07-10-2006, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 7,824 times
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it!!

Belmeade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky