Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:19 PM

329 posts, read 1,099,598 times

Advertisements

No it doesn't rain all the time in Kentucky. It has truly four distinct seasons that are usually fairly mild seasons. We do get the occasional big storm in the winter every few years that could dump 10 to 18 inches of snow, but normally all winter the biggest accumulations are only 1-2 inches and that melts off within a few days. The average temps in winter are about 28 degrees I believe and the average summers are about low 80's. I did say average, so of course it gets colder sometimes and hotter sometimes as well. You will not be forced into enduring terrible cold or blazing heat very rarely in this state. We have air-conditioners mostly. Not swamp coolers.
Southern KY may be a bit warmer in summer and Northern KY may be a bit colder in winter..

Hope any of this helps.. and since this is an old thread... hope you didn't give up on our state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 09:30 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,811 times
Cool IT can be humid

Last summer in central ky was very humid,sticky we had the air on most of the time and fans blowing in our face .this is my first yr. living here and I don't care for the humidity.other than that its not bad here.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 AM

49 posts, read 376,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
Last summer in central ky was very humid,sticky we had the air on most of the time and fans blowing in our face .this is my first yr. living here and I don't care for the humidity.other than that its not bad here.
I have to say the humidity in Louisville cannot be anything compared to Charleston, SC! When I first moved here (Charleston) 3 years ago, I thought I was going to die! I am really looking forward to our move to Louisville! I guess it is all relative, right?

Old 05-27-2007, 05:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,022 times
My husband and I are moving to Bowling Green in 2009. I flew out to BG from Northern CA in the latter part of April and first part of May 2007. I don't know if this is a low period for Humidity or a high period of Humidity, however, the temperature was in the upper 80's and it was at a time when several storms were crossing over the state. I was not uncomfortable with the humidity, in fact, I found it very bearable. Of course the true test would be to come back during the July/August time frame and see if it is any different. I have lived all over the world and in some pretty humid climates, and I am not a real fan of a lot of humidity. The Philippines, Thailand, Washington D.C., Montgomery AL, Corpus Christi and Houston, TX, are all very humid locations and I felt the worse in Houston, TX and Thailand where the minute you get out of shower, you feel the need to get back in again. I did not find that the case in Bowling Green. It was warm, but I was not dripping every time I went outside to do activities while I was there. One thing that did stand out was the very warm reception I received everywhere I went and the feeling that I was very accepted everywhere. Such friendly and warm people and a real pleasure to be around since that is so rarely seen in California. I am so looking forward to this move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky