Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2007, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,747 times

Advertisements

My husband and I would like to move to the Bowling Green area from Washington State, but I'm having trouble finding possible jobs for him. He has a degree in Telecommunication Network Technologies and has been working for a year installing and troubleshooting DSL for residental and commercial.

I've tried generic sites like monster.com, careerbuilding.com, hotjobs.com, etc., as well as the local newpaper and bluegrasshelpwanted.com but I'm not finding anything. I've also tried using search engines.

Does anyone know where else I can try looking please? I know the jobs are out there......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 02:19 PM

850 posts, read 3,150,214 times
They are - but very hard to find in Kentucky. My husband has the MCSE+I, worked for Adelphia before their big split in 2001 - and has worked for contractors serving Insight - the major cable carrier in the area.

However - Comcast is in the process of acquiring Insight - and things may change. If I were you, google Insight, forward his resume, and see what happens.

Also, there is a placement service in town - Robert Half Agency. They were not extremely helpful to us - but it may give you a lead. The only other suggestion would to be looking for a headhunter - not sure of any in the area - but I know they are there.

Good luck to you - this will be a tough one, but keep plugging. If he has to start with a contract service (Insight uses them the most), the hours will be long and the pay not so great, but it will get his foot in the door.

Take care, KimmieKY

P.S. keep in touch and let me know how it goes.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:37 PM

6 posts, read 19,165 times
Hi there,

Do you mind me asking why you are wanting to move here to KY? Do you have family here?

I dont want to discourage you from moving to Ky; it is my home. I was born here, raised here, it is a part of my heart. But I saw your post and had to respond. My husband also works in the telecommunication field. He is a wireless cell tech. And we are getting ready to move to the Milwaukee/Chicago area because at least for us, there are NO jobs in telecom to be found here. We have been searching for something here for literally 5 yrs. My parents live here so we've done everything we can to try to stay here. My husband has had to work as a contractor off and on for the past few yrs. We've left the entire state open to possibility, including the northern KY/Cincinnati area. (And my husband has a great skills set).

Again, I dont want to discourage you from moving to KY, I love it here. But as far as telecom jobs go, there are just very few to be found in this state. We've found they all seem to be in larger metropolitan areas.

Best of luck to you in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: