Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 08:02 AM

73 posts, read 219,420 times

Advertisements

We got here 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to adjust, but wow.. so different from the Dallas burbs! We're in Plum Springs, I feel very detached from the "real" world out here. We signed a 6 month lease, and I'm hoping we'll be moving somewhere closer to town at the turn of the year. Still trying to work out the dog issue for that to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Hey, thanks for touching back with us! We hope the advice we offered provided some help and consolation in your move up to Kentucky. And yes, I have no doubt that you're in culture shock!

Hopefully you can get that apartment on or near Scottsville Rd., Campbell Ln., or Cemetery Rd. in six months!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:27 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
I was not sure you would like being out there in Plum Springs. It is a little removed from the areas for shopping and entertainment. Keep looking around and hopefully you did not sign a years lease. Rent will be higher in a more desirable location though, but you might find it worth it for the convenience.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I was not sure you would like being out there in Plum Springs. It is a little removed from the areas for shopping and entertainment. Keep looking around and hopefully you did not sign a years lease. Rent will be higher in a more desirable location though, but you might find it worth it for the convenience.
It's a 6 month lease. Everything came down to the dog LOL! We didn't find a place til about 2 weeks before we were supposed to be here you know? The flip side of that is that we're paying next to nothing and I got brand new living room furniture! LOL

Ironically Hubby's work very well may be sending him back to Texas for a month or so. That will be terrible! I'm missing knowing my family is RIGHT there and I can see them if I wanted (even though I wouldn't WANT if I were there)

Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM

The other thing I wasn't ready for was the Kentucky state income tax!? Big ol shock on that first paycheck!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlinggreenorbust View Post
The other thing I wasn't ready for was the Kentucky state income tax!? Big ol shock on that first paycheck!

Yes, our state taxes are terrible.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 PM

47 posts, read 138,111 times
If you are looking to rent again in 6 months, you might want to contact one of the larger leasing agents in town that handles single family homes and see if they could help you by watching for a place that better meets your needs. The leasing company that comes to my mind is Chandler Real Estate. They handle rental of the home next door to us and are very particular about who rents there and only rent to families. But some of the tenants have had dogs in the past so at least some of the single family homes they handle allow pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky