U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,653,085 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Arizona and I am considering moving to Kentucky to be closer to my family. I currently have 4 years teaching experience in AZ. I was trying to find a job in Indiana but I have learned that the job market for elementary teachers there is HORRIBLE. My family is actually in Indiana. A lot of the schools in Indiana have like 500 applications per position. Should I expect the same sort of job market in Kentucky? I really don't want to sub in order to find a job. I would really like to find a job before I decide to move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 PM

8,755 posts, read 9,443,808 times
I guess it depends on what area in Kentucky you are applying and for which grade or subject. It seems we always have openings in our area in southern Kentucky.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:16 AM

200 posts, read 767,625 times
Northern Kentucky has a high demand for any type of educator right now especially Boone County and the districts located within Boone County.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:13 AM

149 posts, read 729,193 times
BlueBelt, ye sound homesick but thats okay. At large degree ye caint believe anything discouraging yer family tells ye - but reconnoitre networking through acquaintances/friends instaed.

Otherise yeah, probly waste of time navigating job search 8 states away. Girlfriend of mine got hired on the spot over conversation she had at drugstore in Eastern Kentucky. She ended up teaching English at local high school and never looked back.

Thats pretty much how its done here across the board in all occupations. Nobody hires from millions of miles away.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:09 AM

4,824 posts, read 13,522,120 times
Go to the Kentucky Dept of Education. They maintain a database of openings statewide. http://apps.kde.state.ky.us/keps/index.cfm There are many positions open in Oldham County. The county has the highest number of board certified teachers in the state and is a perennial contender for national awards at every level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky