Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,264,629 times

Advertisements

According to a report on Louisville TV Fox 41, Governor Brashear has announced that he will now listen to the people. What a rotten shame... In this time of uncertain national and even statewide economics, Kentucky has effectively lost a year as our former lt. governor now states that "he can learn."

He should have already known. Let's elect some more Democrats this fall so they can learn at our expense. Maybe we the people will someday learn that some people will say anything to get a vote, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 PM

5,284 posts, read 19,992,357 times
Tom - would you mind explaining to me what has been happening with the governor - what are the problems?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,408,419 times
Quote:
Let's elect some more Democrats this fall so they can learn at our expense.
I'll pass, thanks.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,538,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I'll pass, thanks.
I'll pass too...

Old 07-14-2008, 02:38 AM

486 posts, read 1,889,791 times
I don't want to be responsible for a political war to erupt here so I'll pass as well... Tom, care to elaborate?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,264,629 times
One year ago, all we could hear was how inept the GOP incumbent Gov was. How he was ill-prepared to govern, how he was learning on the job, and isolated he was from the people. The now governor, just like the Dem presidential candidate, kept focusing on "change". Change, change, and more change was his platform. The people of Kentucky believed and voted the inept governor out and all the change we got was ___ ? Actually looks like we got change, but not for the better.

I apologize for bringing politics into this discussion. I am just so afraid that people will vote for change this year without caring what change is. I violated my own anti-political attitude of this Kentucky forum.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:55 AM

486 posts, read 1,889,791 times
Seeing as the '08 elections is my first time getting to vote I'm now starting to follow politics a bit more closely, but I don't think there is such a thing as "change we can believe in" or any nonsense like that. Thus concludes my single political comment you will ever see on this forum. Had to get it out... And Tom, no worries, we all have to vent at some time or another

Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,007,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebird1012 View Post
Seeing as the '08 elections is my first time getting to vote I'm now starting to follow politics a bit more closely, but I don't think there is such a thing as "change we can believe in" or any nonsense like that. Thus concludes my single political comment you will ever see on this forum. Had to get it out... And Tom, no worries, we all have to vent at some time or another
Teebird I have to say that you are a very intelligent and articulate 18 year old.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM

7,067 posts, read 16,645,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
One year ago, all we could hear was how inept the GOP incumbent Gov was. How he was ill-prepared to govern, how he was learning on the job, and isolated he was from the people. The now governor, just like the Dem presidential candidate, kept focusing on "change". Change, change, and more change was his platform. The people of Kentucky believed and voted the inept governor out and all the change we got was ___ ? Actually looks like we got change, but not for the better.

I apologize for bringing politics into this discussion. I am just so afraid that people will vote for change this year without caring what change is. I violated my own anti-political attitude of this Kentucky forum.
He hasn't changed anything. What an awful governor. A separate topic would be the disgusting project known as I-66 that he continues to support. Political talk is welcome on this forum as it pertains to KY.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,007,503 times
Don't blame me I didn't vote for him I say we get one of the wonderful gentlemen on this board to run next time, maybe then we could get something done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky