Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 9,941 times

Advertisements

I am a full-time local agent that would love to help you in your new home search. Visit me at [URL="http://www.lisamitchell.remax.com"]www.lisamitchell.remax.com[/URL]. You can also reach me anytime at 859-797-1711.
Thanks! Lisa

Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM

18 posts, read 24,148 times
ok I'm new here and didn't run across this thread before I posted on a different thread.

I'm wanting to rent a house in Calloway or Graves county. Rent 300-400.
I would like to lease for at least 1 year with option to rent for another year within 3 months of end of lease agreement.
I would prefer not being in a town. Have no kids. Have pets. Completely house trained. Moving from Chicago land so yes my pets are very well behaved and house trained. Rentals in Chicago land won't let you keep pets otherwise...big sticklers on this matter and I agree completely with their attitude. I'm willing to pay a pet deposit. Have vet papers to prove they are completely up to date on all vaccines and spayed. Can get documents from pet sitters about their behavior if you want. It is a must that the place allow pets.
My lease is coming to an end soon.

If there is any questions please ask.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 6,611 times
I need a house or trailer already set up on land. My credit is poor. I've got to get out of an apartment. I'm going nuts! I'd like to be able to find someone out there that has a big heart that would word with me. It's so hard because I cannot afford these prices they are asking. I'd love to rent to own. Is there any one out there willing to help this poor female?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 32,776 times
Default Newcomers to Kentucky...

Just wanted to add my two cents worth about Kentucky.
My hubby and I are moving to Central Kentucky in the next 10 days. Green county. We found a wonderful landlord who is renting us a mobile home(2br/2full baths) for $315/mo. We have kinda p00py credit, so we have to pay a $400+ deposit for our electricity, but, 'dems da brakes/breaks with p00py credit these days.
We are moving from southeast Alabama, which I less than lovingly refer to as THE PIT OF LIFE. Neither one of us our native Alabamians, so moving from here is NOT a problem at all!!! My husband is a native of the Louisville KY area and I am a native Vermonter. I would love to go back to Vermont but who the heck can afford to live in Vermont anymore...? LOL...not.
But anyway, we have found the people of central Kentucky to be wonderful, warm people. We haven't actually lived up there yet, are still packing up the old house here in s.e. Alabama, but just knowing that by this time next week, I will never have to see a FIRE ANT ever again is enough to make me cry giant tears of JOY!! I have never EVER gotten used to the fire ants here. Or the bigotry, or the alligators, or the small mindedness etc etc of this area. I am the proverbial square peg in a round hole here. I am looking forward to living affordably, with my nearest neighbor a mile away. We are only a few minutes from a grocery store, a historic downtown beautifully cared for with many restored buildings...just perfect. The rents are affordable, but hard to come by...the way we found ours was through the local newspaper's classified ads. We were blessed that our place was THE ONE ad we called about. The place that we actually called about but he owns several thousand acres of land in the county and had other properties....the one we got being one of them. We went up and looked at it, and rented it immediately. Ours is the only mobile home/house at the center of the hundred acre farm that's been in the family for hundreds of years. It has a small family cemetery on it. I feel like we are moving to a small piece of Paradise....
So I say to anyone thinking of moving to Kentucky, you couldn't have picked a more beautiful state to move to, and certainly not more affordably.
My husband is a disabled American Veteran, and receives a VA disability check. It IS possible to live on $30k a year in Kentucky. There are not a lot of jobs up there, though. Not that pay $30k a year to start. We are doubly blessed that my husband gets that money, aside from the fact that he had to have a stroke to get it. We lost our house here because of the stroke and the nearly a year with just my income and no health insurance other than VA. This place in Kentucky is the reward after five long years of struggle for us.
Right now, I can't say enough good things about Kentucky. Green county is truly a Paradise for us. Lots of fishing, boating and history. The nearest neighbor being a mile away is a real PLUS. Now I can play my Grateful Dead cd's as LOUD as I want to!!!!!!!!! And I'll be able to grow a garden, with POTATO's without having my hand eaten off by FIRE ANTS...

Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 PM

2 posts, read 7,876 times
We are currently looking to relocate to Kentucky, not positive on the where but leaning towards Bowling Green area or Sugar Grove. My husband would be able to transfer his position and I am looking for any clerical position I can find. We would prefer to rent a house if possible just outside of town but close enough to work that would be around a 20 minute drive. We have a 13 year old daughter which would be in middle school and would be looking for a good school system for her. We are trying to locate for better income and job availability and we love the looks of Kentucky, any suggestions would be helpful. We would be willing to rent an apartment until we got on our feet, eventually would like to buy or find a rent to own. How are the job situations in this area?

Old 06-22-2011, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,560 times
Hi I'm moving from Miami to Kentucky to study at Spalding University and I wanted to get a feel of any safe places to rent an apartment. Im a student so my budget is from approximately $500-$600. Any areas close to spalding in a good neighborhood in a gated community is preferred. suburban area, I do not have children, Im willing to take a maximum of a 20minute commute, employment? none, as for the cake or pie im not sure what that means but i'm not necessarily a pie fan. Safety is a number one priority. Thank you for your time.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,332 times
I would like some information on the area of Louisville, Kentucky that is located in the 40214 area code. How are the neighborhoods? Is this a rural or urban environment? Is there a high crime rate in the 40214 area code? I will be moving there soon and need to know in order to consider other areas of the city to move to. Thank you very much

Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,931 times
Hello, My plan is to move to Northern Kentucky to middle Kentucky sometime in the next 2 years. I will be looking for something outside of town without any nearby neighbors. My plan is to buy but can and will rent to own with a very hefty down payment at that time. I will be retiring to the land of my dreams. My little piece of paradise. I raise small dogs for a living and will continue on a much smaller scale after moving. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post or not so please feel free to let me know.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 PM

7,059 posts, read 16,635,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyboundgal View Post
Hello, My plan is to move to Northern Kentucky to middle Kentucky sometime in the next 2 years. I will be looking for something outside of town without any nearby neighbors. My plan is to buy but can and will rent to own with a very hefty down payment at that time. I will be retiring to the land of my dreams. My little piece of paradise. I raise small dogs for a living and will continue on a much smaller scale after moving. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post or not so please feel free to let me know.
Henry County sounds to be a great option for you, as you can get tons of land in a rural area that is guaranteed to stay that way for decades to come. The problem with NKY near Cincy is that sprawl is developing so fast. You may also look somewhere like Grant County.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Eaton View Post
Okay, I've never been on a forum of this type before...so I'm not sure how to navigate. I am thinking about moving to a small community named Science Hill, Ky (it's about 1 and 1/2 hours south of Lexington, just off Hwy. 27). I would like to know as much as possible about the value of real estate in that area. Where should I post this message to get the most response, if any?

cre

Connie,

I think you will love Science Hill. It is small, around 500 people but, lot's of nice houses. Everybody mows their year at least once a week, maybe more! I have included a link that will show you real estate values and lots of home photos. welcome to Kentucky. If you look at a map I live up in that little point right on top of the state. Tollesboro has about 800 people and is like Science Hill.

[url]https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=17&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=znx_3eSwORbiLOid0VQaVA&cp=15&gs_id=1v&xhr=t &q=science+hill+ky&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.4 8572450,d.Yms&biw=740&bih=527&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=9ZPQUZvI ComFtAbvioHQBg[/url]

Again, Welcome Home,

Rick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky