Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 05:56 PM

8 posts, read 10,934 times

Advertisements

Relocating to Union Ky. Never been in the area. Can anyone give me insight to the area. Schools, Things to do, Neighborhoods to live in ect? Thank you so much for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 09:44 AM

536 posts, read 961,610 times
It's in Northern KY. Close to Florence, so you'd be near shopping and restaurants. There is a rural part of Union and a more city part. Its not far from Big Bone Lick state park, which has a lake and walking trails. I can't tell you much about the schools since I don't have kids, but I have heard that Ryle high schools is one of the best. It's also near Walton which is a nice town. Has really good schools I hear. Union is in Boone county so taxes are reasonable. There are a few newer neighborhoods that have gone up that are nice. You are close to most everything.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:24 PM

19 posts, read 29,303 times
We are currently building a house in Union. My husband is already living there in a temporary apartment and I'll be joining him from Dallas when the house is completed. I'm also interested in learning more about Union, but the visits we've made shows us that most locations in the northern Kentucky area are fairly easy to get to. And I've been told we are in a good school district, though we don't have school-age children.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:43 PM

811 posts, read 889,202 times
I currently reside in Northern Kentucky over in Florence so I can provide some details on the area (disclaimer: I have only lived in NKY for a little over a year).

Union is a very nice area that is experiencing a lot of rapid growth, even noticeable to me in my short time here in NKY. Lots of new housing developments with a mix of single family homes, townhomes and apartments.

Dont know much about the schools as I do not have children.

Union is just southwest of Florence which I consider to be a retail mecca. A ton of different retail chain stores and restaurants. Florence is a very nice city and has a lot of options for shopping and entertainment. They just opened a new Costco, Dave and Busters and a Planet Fitness. Many new restaurants have opened as well off the Mall Road District near the Florence Mall. You cannot miss the Red and White "Florence Y'all" water tower right behind the Mall as a guide to where all the stores are!

NKY is a fairly easy area to navigate and the traffic, although sometimes congested, is really not too bad compared to many other metro areas in the US.

I hope you come to like NKY/Cincinnati, as i have since moving here. The folks here are very friendly and approachable, much different than where I came from. The only complaint I have about the Union/Florence/NKY area is that it doesnt have a lot of "character". What i mean by that is that the cities seem to blend together and lack cohesion or a central "downtown". Other than that, the area is very safe and a good place to raise a family if you enjoy typical suburban living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky