Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2006, 10:01 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,589 times

Advertisements

Looking at moving to Kentucky.
For those in the know tell me about the weather.
Just what town has the best all around weather ( not too humid ).
Love the area but I know we would melt with high humidity.
Tell me what you think the best city/town is too live in and bring up our kids.
I will be retired so not there to work but I could be the answerman at the local hardware store on weekends...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2006, 02:22 PM

10 posts, read 64,328 times
It sounds like you're more interested in smaller towns. I'm guessing south-western KY is gonna be your best bet. Not sure of a specific place though. Happy hunting.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:37 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,589 times
How about that humidity ?

Is Kentucky all humid during the summer?
It's so green and the housing is almost affordable so I am guessing there must be a catch ??

Thanks again

Old 05-20-2006, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 14,311 times
Hi,
I've lived in KY all my life, and yes it is humid and hot in the summer.
Louisville more so than Lexington in my mind, I don't remember it being as bad when I lived there. Lexington also has less smog than Louisville. Right now May has been pretty cool, I haven't had to use my air conditioner for a couple of weeks. But that will end soon when the temps rise. Late July and August are hot and very humid. However the flip side of that is our falls are usually warm but not humid and milder winters. This is a very pretty state and in the fall when the leaves start to turn it is breathtaking.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 17,373 times
Smile Weather

Looking at moving to Kentucky.
For those in the know tell me about the weather.
Just what town has the best all around weather ( not too humid ).
Love the area but I know we would melt with high humidity.
Tell me what you think the best city/town is too live in and bring up our kids.
I will be retired so not there to work but I could be the answerman at the local hardware store on weekends...

Kentucky weather is not so bad. I'ved lived here until age of 20, then joined military and moved around for about 12 years. I've been back in Kentucky since around 1994 and weather has not changed muched. There are 4 seasons here as I think it should be, if you don't like it give it a about 3 months things will change....lol.

We run A/C units these modern times you know, so humidity is not so bad. I myself do not mind the warmer weather months.

Retiring huh, well look at a map of Kentucky find the lake areas you'll love them, put the name of towns around the lake areas in a hat and pick one, move there you'll love it. Kentucky is a very nice state with nice people. You may have to try a bit harder to get to know us, but if you are nice then you'll be ok.

Good Luck on the move...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: