Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:03 PM

458 posts, read 2,289,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
Check out Lexchamber.com. It is Commerce Lexington's website and has a lot of good info. Lexington was rated the 48th best city in the world for livability. There is something for everyone. It is a very diverse city.
I worked at UK for a while and I didn't care for it. However, I have a lot of friends that work there that really like it. It depends on the position.
The areas close to UK to consider are Chevy Chase, Ashland Park and Kenwick. They are all very nice areas and are within walking distance of UK.
If you live within New Circle Rd you will not have to contend with traffic that people coming in from the suburbs have to deal with. It is like a community within a community.
What is the zip code inside New Circle Road please?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 04:32 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
It depends on which side of town but 40502 and 40503 are two in desirable areas.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:32 PM

9 posts, read 31,183 times
I am familiar with those areas and they are beautiful. I love the older homes and the neighborhoods. There are quite a few homes for sale around there too. The additional $$ for the area is understandable but I'm not sure its realistic considering the condition of the housing market at this time. With the history of Lexington I imagine there are other hidden pockets of wonderful neighborhoods that aren't as well known so the pricing isn't as high. If you know of any other areas like that I would love to hear about them.
Also .. I would appreciate your thoughts on how the downtown is changing with all the condo's and apartments. I look to the future and wonder if that is something I should look into given the possible resale value.
Brgrds
Single

Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 AM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
Kenwick is in 40502 and is in a transitional phase. While it is still in 40502 it has traditionally not been a popular area. However, there are some really great bungalows and the area has caught on. The thing to be aware of is that there are 3 blocks to each street. The 100 blocks have mostly been updated and are very nice. The 200 blocks are dicey and the 300 blocks can be pretty run down.
Downtown is having a huge resurgence. There are many very cool developments going up. Check out coolspaces.com for an example. If you like urban living you have a lot of really great options.
I'm not sure if the Chevy Chaser magazine is available online or not but this month's issue highlights all of the downtown lofts/condo's.
Another area that is still within New Circle Rd but not as pricey is Lansdowne and the Lansdowne/Merrick area. It is nice but is not in one of the best elementary school districts so the prices aren't as high. Glendover is also a good area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky