Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Unfortunately, it has become a HUGE factor in this election. I can't believe it's still a big problem in 2008.

For some, I am sure it is an issue, but to say that anyone not voting for Obama is because of race is a big overexaggeration. He has extreme views for some conservative people that they just can't support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 PM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I am a registered Republican from Eastern Ky, but I am voting for Obama/Biden...Pike County is about 90% Democrat and usually votes straight ticket, so I am very interested to see our county's results on Wednesday morning....
Could I ask (based on your location) why you would even consider Obama? Isn't Eastern Ky driven a lot by coal? Do you not know that Obama could possibly bankrupt the coal industry? as admitted by him...for extra admissions...

Are you not bothered that Obama mocked people when he said that people cling to their guns and religion? rednecks? Do you think he was talking about New Yorkers?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
I think Jefferson is a lock for Obama. Fayette and Franklin could be tight Obama wins. There also may be a couple eastern KY counties that go for Obama, a lot of those coal counties are heavily Dem. Tomorrow should be interesting.
Those coal counties might want to rethink that if they know what Obama intends to do to the coal industry.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:19 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
For some, I am sure it is an issue, but to say that anyone not voting for Obama is because of race is a big overexaggeration. He has extreme views for some conservative people that they just can't support.
Did he say that ALL not voting for Obama is because of race? I think you made a big overexaggeration by implying that. Race is a factor. I think that is undeniable. Some will vote against him based on that, the crazy thing is that a lot of those people would be voting for a white democrat with basically the same platform (such as Hillary). People assert that there as many or more that are voting for Obama because of his race. I would assert that those people would be voting Democrat anyway, his race has just brought more people to the polls.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:54 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Quote:
I am a registered Republican from Eastern Ky, but I am voting for Obama/Biden...Pike County is about 90% Democrat and usually votes straight ticket, so I am very interested to see our county's results on Wednesday morning....

So you don't like having jobs in your area, Obama promises to bankrupt the coal industry. And I know there is a lot of people that get there money from coal in that area either directly or indirectly.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Are you not bothered that Obama mocked people when he said that people cling to their guns and religion? rednecks?
Why should this bother me, I am neither of those things?
As far as the coal industry goes, I have not heard from Senator Obama about his intention of bankrupting the coal industry..I believe he is for clean coal, coal gasification plants, etc..I really don't pay much attention to what the McCain/Palin camp throws against the wall..
I have already placed my vote for Obama/Biden and for the very first time since moving to Ky 35 years ago, I voted a straight democrat ticket Ya see, I believe it is definitely time for a change..

I just hope that everyone exercises their right to vote today for whomever they have determined is most qualified to be in charge..No matter who is elected, I will support that party, because I truly believe in unity...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:40 AM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times
Quote:
Why should this bother me, I am neither of those things?
As far as the coal industry goes, I have not heard from Senator Obama about his intention of bankrupting the coal industry..I believe he is for clean coal, coal gasification plants, etc..I really don't pay much attention to what the McCain/Palin camp throws against the wall..
I have already placed my vote for Obama/Biden and for the very first time since moving to Ky 35 years ago, I voted a straight democrat ticket Ya see, I believe it is definitely time for a change..

I just hope that everyone exercises their right to vote today for whomever they have determined is most qualified to be in charge..No matter who is elected, I will support that party, because I truly believe in unity...

YouTube - SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY

You really should pay more attention to the issues. I suppose you don't believe drilling in Anwar either.

It's concerning that people who don't know the extent of the issues think that Obama hung the moon.....O the media believers.

McCain's plan for clean energy far exceeded that of Obama.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:54 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post

YouTube - SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY

You really should pay more attention to the issues. I suppose you don't believe drilling in Anwar either.

It's concerning that people who don't know the extent of the issues think that Obama hung the moon.....O the media believers.

McCain's plan for clean energy far exceeded that of Obama.
I have already seen that link posted elsewhere. I think that the neocons are forgetting that we still have a very huge number of coal plants that are operating in this country. Even if we slowed down the number of NEW plants that were built, how would that bankrupt the coal industry? I think the point is that we should continue to diversify our energy portfolio and "lessen" our dependence on coal for the TOTAL amount of electricity generated.

Please respond.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post

I believe you are making judgements about me without knowing me..I am very aware of ALL the issues and where the candidates stand..I have made my choice on that..Not on the media, or my husband, or my friends here..and definitely not on You Tube
I do not argue politics, because it is useless as arguing religion..It is a personal choice..
I make my decisions on what I determine is of value from what I have learned from the speaches, the debates, and from reading the political and personal opinions of the candidates..I also place a lot of consideration on who the Vice President choice is...

I respect everyones right to choose and vote for the candidate they are most comfortable with....
Once again..I will support whomever is elected, because the majority of Americans will have spoken...

Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,790,369 times
My bet is that Obama carries the two most populated counties, Jefferson and Fayette. He might carry a few in northern Kentucky and maybe Oldham County. Overall, I think McCain carries Kentucky by around 8 - 10%.

I will refrain from replying to other comments that belong in the political forum. (Hint, hint.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky