Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:32 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times

Advertisements

Although I would like to see alternative energy sources become more mainstream over coal, guess what? It's not going anywhere. Neither will we see universal healthcare. The facts are that the vast majority of "I wanna do's" never get done. Both sides are filled with hollow promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I think you are 100% correct in your assesment. I think the sad part is that it comes down to race. Of course no one will admit that.
you can't be serious, it that was the case, Obama would have this lost months ago, he would not have even gotten the nomination. I would hope we have come far enough that no one would vote for this reason alone, whether they are white or black. Of course more blacks will vote than usually and there will still be whites that can not bring themselves to vote for a black, but they are not the norm. I think that part will balance itself.

Nita

Old 11-04-2008, 01:02 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Did he say that ALL not voting for Obama is because of race? I think you made a big overexaggeration by implying that. Race is a factor. I think that is undeniable. Some will vote against him based on that, the crazy thing is that a lot of those people would be voting for a white democrat with basically the same platform (such as Hillary). People assert that there as many or more that are voting for Obama because of his race. I would assert that those people would be voting Democrat anyway, his race has just brought more people to the polls.
'

I wasn't really directing that at just him, but at many Obama supporters I have encountered on various site, but thanks for butting in and giving us your thoughts. I would say at least as many are voting for him because he IS black as are not.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
'

I wasn't really directing that at just him, but at many Obama supporters I have encountered on various site, but thanks for butting in and giving us your thoughts. I would say at least as many are voting for him because he IS black as are not.
"Butting in"? FYI, this is a forum, it isn't a private conversation. There is a DM function if you want a private conversation.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Although I would like to see alternative energy sources become more mainstream over coal, guess what? It's not going anywhere. Neither will we see universal healthcare. The facts are that the vast majority of "I wanna do's" never get done. Both sides are filled with hollow promises.
Both parties cater to big business and the big energy companies. However, the conservatives and Bush II have taken it to the next level as discussed in the book "The Wrecking Crew."

Old 11-04-2008, 02:21 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Jefferson County will go for Obama without a doubt. In Laurel County, I have seen 2 Obama/Biden yard signs and hundreds for McCain/Palin.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:30 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Muhlenberg??? Why in the world would he win in Muhlenbeg?
That is the most reliably Democrat county in western KY, probably due to the large number of coal miner who are union members. It has went Democrat in 3 of the past 4 presidential elections

Old 11-04-2008, 03:09 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Quote:
Neither will we see universal healthcare. .
I don't want socialized healthcare, I would like to see tax breaks or a SS type system to insure all low income Americans. In the long term it would be cheaper to give care for treatable problems than to wait till an ambulance is called

Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
That is the most reliably Democrat county in western KY, probably due to the large number of coal miner who are union members. It has went Democrat in 3 of the past 4 presidential elections

That is interesting. Since Obama's negative coal comments, I wonder how it will go. Also, it only has a 4% black population. That county will be one to watch.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
"Butting in"? FYI, this is a forum, it isn't a private conversation. There is a DM function if you want a private conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky