Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Attack me as you will yet few have disputed my assertions that for poor and working class people to vote Republican is stupid and servile nor have any disputed the poor work ethic down here. It's not my fault these things are true;a blue collar person voting Republican is like a Jew voting for the Nazis.

Actually I ran into several very hard working Kentuckians the past few weeks but they were working in Chicago where their efforts are rewarded by excellent wages and good conditions.

I have never had a problem making a very good living in Kentucky and I would venture to say I am far more educated than you are. It is funny that you think only uneducated/blue collar people voted for McCain. In my extended family, the only people that voted for Obama are the least educated, least intelligent and least successful ones. Fortunately, there were only about three or four of them. All of my husband's family voted for McCain and I can't think of one that doesn't have a college education, many have master's degrees and several have PHD's. Your stereotype of Kentuckians is just that. You are a very ignorant person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 12:13 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I have never had a problem making a very good living in Kentucky and I would venture to say I am far more educated than you are. It is funny that you think only uneducated/blue collar people voted for McCain. In my extended family, the only people that voted for Obama are the least educated, least intelligent and least successful ones. Fortunately, there were only about three or four of them. All of my husband's family voted for McCain and I can't think of one that doesn't have a college education, many have master's degrees and several have PHD's. Your stereotype of Kentuckians is just that. You are a very ignorant person.
Good post!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I will never vote for someone who stands for things I am against. I just so happen to be a christian and will vote for those who stand for what I do.
Dubya was such a Godly fellow

YouTube - Bush middle finger

YouTube - Bush Caught Saying "****" to Tony Blair

Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I guess you have never done anything like that? How is that worse than something like, say, abortion?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

Do you have mutiple personality disorder or do you just like to antagonize people? BTW, Bush is a person of faith.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I am a person of faith and I strongly disagree with the Republicans stand on materialism, welfare programs, and being against health care for the least among us,

BUSH: Gave tax cuts to the top 5% instead of the poor

JESUS: It is easier for a camel to go through to the eye of a needle than for a Rich Man to get into heaven.

REPUBLICANS: Trickle down economics: help the rich only and wealth will trickle down to the poor

NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANS: Wealthy Christians sold their possesions to help poor Christians
JESUS: As you treated the least among us you treated Me

BUSH: Told Americans to spend money to "boast the economy"

JESUS: "Lay up your treasure in heaven, not on earth where the moths eat and rust destroys

Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 PM

If you were older and knew more about the Republican party you would know that is hogwash. Republicans contribute far more money and time to charity than democrats. Did you see the ridiculouly low amounts of money Obama and Biden gave to charity in proportion to what they made? Some of us don't have to be mandated to give to others, we know that is what we are called to do.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I have never had a problem making a very good living in Kentucky and I would venture to say I am far more educated than you are. It is funny that you think only uneducated/blue collar people voted for McCain.

Evidently your much vaunted education didn't allow you to understand what I wrote. I said that working people who voted for McCain were stupid and servile, nowhere did I say that only working people voted for him. Indeed I said that it made sense for business owners and the wealthy to vote Republican; therefore you should've inferred that I never thought that only working class people voted Republican.

Maybe we should send you to Chicago to redo 1st and 2nd grades with the Sisters of Mercy, they'll do wonders for your reading comprehension. No doubt you'll find Catholic grade school in Chicago quite rigorous.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM

59 posts, read 183,904 times
I'm from Todd County, no way in hell would he win that county.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Evidently your much vaunted education didn't allow you to understand what I wrote. I said that working people who voted for McCain were stupid and servile, nowhere did I say that only working people voted for him. Indeed I said that it made sense for business owners and the wealthy to vote Republican; therefore you should've inferred that I never thought that only working class people voted Republican.

Maybe we should send you to Chicago to redo 1st and 2nd grades with the Sisters of Mercy, they'll do wonders for your reading comprehension. No doubt you'll find Catholic grade school in Chicago quite rigorous.
There you go again, making Chicago look stupid....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky