Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson View Post
Lets all bow to marty's "vicious dialect" , "fierce intellect", and superior opinions. She obviously has us backward Kentuckians outclassed as our opinions are not allowed ........ only hers. She obviously is wordly knowledgeable too in that she speaks a foriegn language.
FYI, marty: during the 4 years that I lived in Italy, they always spelled it ciao.
Well, honey with her intellect, the Italians have CLEARLY been spelling it wrong all these years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:48 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Quote:
Yes, Kentuckydad95, it has gone way off topic and we need to get back there. I'd like you to scan thru the posts though to understand how it happened.

Let's all ease up on martylonleela.
I originally joined in this conversation to defend a friend. I then found marty's spiteful, misguided diatribe to be somewhat amusing. Her attack on the grammar and language of Kentuckians was especially funny in that she has little, if any, command of the English language. I am no longer laughing.
At this point I only feel sorrow for a spiteful, dare I say "hateful", person who has their hair over their eyes and hat pulled over their ears. Was it Sam Clemens who said, "there are none so blind as those who cannot hear."?
I make mistakes in my posts and even a lot of typo's too. At least I can admit that and be understood without crying "my people...." or attacking anyone that has a different opinion. This unfortunate person cannot see that all anyone has has done to her in the beginning was disagree.

Marty, I'll send you a PM today or early tomorrow to explain why we are all laughing at you. Then you can focus your hate on me and let this thread get back on track.

Dave
The more I think about it, the more I think this is really a kid trying to get us all riled up. I can't imagine a working adult acting so, I don't know, silly. She also says she has been to Atlantis?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 PM

20 posts, read 64,836 times
Quote:
Yes, Kentuckydad95, it has gone way off topic and we need to get back there. I'd like you to scan thru the posts though to understand how it happened.

I originally joined in this conversation to defend a friend. I then found marty's spiteful, misguided diatribe to be somewhat amusing. Her attack on the grammar and language of Kentuckians was especially funny in that she has little, if any, command of the English language. I am no longer laughing.
At this point I only feel sorrow for a spiteful, dare I say "hateful", person who has their hair over their eyes and hat pulled over their ears. Was it Sam Clemens who said, "there are none so blind as those who cannot hear."?
I make mistakes in my posts and even a lot of typo's too. At least I can admit that and be understood without crying "my people...." or attacking anyone that has a different opinion. This unfortunate person cannot see that all anyone has has done to her in the beginning was disagree.

Marty, I'll send you a PM today or early tomorrow to explain why we are all laughing at you. Then you can focus your hate on me and let this thread get back on track.

Dave
Ialready know it'\s because you're laughing at yourself .And this thread is supposed to be for people who moved from Los Angles here nto the Kenyuckians who want to lie to lure people with more culture and have experienced more in life to come here your opinion does not count

Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Dave
Ialready know it's because you're laughing at yourself .And this thread is supposed to be for people who moved from Los Angles here not the Kenyuckians who want to lie to lure people with more culture and have experienced more in life to come here, it puzzles me why you all are on this thread because the title asks for people "who have lived in california" that have moved to kenyucky ,again ,there's that fascination with california "I wonder what they are saying and doing " let's lie about loserville because that's all we know and play like we have lived and been to other places and lie and say we chose to moved back here (ha ha ha ) sorry none of you grandparent or parents chose to moved to the big city. All is not lost , maybe you will be able to( REALLY) go one day. Oh and please start broadening your horizons and quitbeing so country and simlple (advice for the night ) sleep tight

Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 PM

52 posts, read 133,059 times
Geeezus.
Won't even give up after I was nice to you will you teenybopper?
Let's make it public then and hope the moderators don't delete the whole thread.

To respond to your lastest comments:

Ialready know it's because you're laughing at yourself .(Yep, for being dumb enough to let you iritate me)And this thread is supposed to be for people who moved from Los Angles here(since they didn't respond, we felt it polite to offer "opinions") not the Kenyuckians who want to lie(Where are the lies? I haven't seen any, only opinions.) to lure people with more culture (if your examples of culture thru your misuse of the American/English language are what Ca has to offer, then run back to GOV Arnie. Emulate him and his favorite saying, " I vill be baaack")and have experienced more in life to come here( I have yet to understand from your confusing posts if you are an unwed,teenaged mother,college graduate or a 23 year old business woman with a portfolio and 4 jobs. None of your postings seem to accept the fact that many of us "Kenyuckians" could have possibly been any where else, much less have an education), it puzzles me why you all are on this thread because the title asks for people "who have lived in california" that have moved to kenyucky (I already addressed that),again ,there's that fascination with california "I wonder what they are saying and doing " let's lie about loserville because that's all we know and play like we have lived and been to other places and lie(I've responded to that above too) and say we chose to moved back here (ha ha ha ) sorry none of you grandparent or parents (Did you know my parents or grandparents? I have 11 countries, three races, and several ethnic/cultural backgrounds in my lineage)chose to moved to the big city. All is not lost , maybe you will be able to( REALLY) go one day. Oh and please start broadening your horizons (I was able to go and to broaden my horizons. Many of us on here were. We have tried to state that but your mindset has prevented you from seeing it. Some of the comments on here are from people who have lived in Ca and even other countries. Yet you've chosen to insult and beliitle every one who doesn't share your opinion of the great LA) and quitbeing so country and simlple (It's like "LIFE" cereal, try it , you'll like it) (advice for the night ) sleep tight(I sleep tight every night. I just wish I knew where the keys for my doors were. I've never locked them before, but after hearing from you , maybe its time to start)

I think I made an error in an earlier post. I may have misstated the number of years I've spent in Ky. I sometimes feel like I have been here all my life. It's the only place that I can call home.
I need a math major to step up and help me here. My major and masters were business oriented.
19 years living in Illinois (1 in Chicago with a 2 year break in Louisville)
Basic training (army) in Georgia
Advanced training in Ft.Lee, Virginia
6 months in Kileen, Texas
6 months in Lawton, Oklahoma
6 months in Dallas, Texas
15 months Vietnam
7 months Laos
4 months Cambodia
9 months Newport News, Va
1 year Peoria, Illinois
1 year Orange County, Ca (it's actually a city, marty)
1 Year Radcliff, Ky (mostly working in Louisville)
1.5 years in and near Seoul, Korea
1.5? years in Elizabethtown, Ky (again, mostly working in Louisville)
4.5 Years based in Frankfort, Germany ( spent 2 weeks of every month on the road from Berlin and Bremerhaven to Zweibrucken and Munchen, or Munich) wife and I rode my Harley many places. Once went from Frankfort to Antwerp for a rally.
16 months in Leesville, La (mostly working out of New Orleans)
4 years near Pisa, Italy ( learned the language well enough to enjoy an opera at "La Scalia")
2 years in Radcliff and Etown Ky (working Louisville again)
6 or 9 months ( depends on which govenrment records you look at) in Saudi Arabia (Desert Storm) not dessert, marty.
18 more years living in Ky, Ca, Ky, Il, and Ky.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel qualified to comment on Louisville and/or Kentucky as a place to live and work. Many of us here feel the same way. Many also have the experience and backround to offer an unbiased or at least objective opinion. Somewhere in my 59 year history I missed a mention of actually living in Louisville. I did live there briefly, but went back to more rural living and commuting to the city only when necessary. Then I stay at my daughter's house.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:56 AM

13 posts, read 91,856 times
Why would anyone in their right mind move from LA to Ky? You should have your head checked. Ky is closed minded and very corny. The police drive around there like mad dogs as though crime is everywhere, people are sheltered. It's a ridiculous place for someone who is used to large city lifestyle to live.

Imagine how it feels living in LA for a long time and when you drive down to Hunnington Beach on a Friday night and see the football high school immature vibe everywhere from people past high school age. Times that by 1000 and add the red neck vibe and you have Ky.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:59 AM

13 posts, read 91,856 times
By the way I have spent more time in Lexington but Louisville is still necky.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:32 AM

Well I moved there because my mother moved back there 10yrs ago ,and she became ill in late 2005 and i moved to kentucky to help take care of her( I explained that in a previous post) it was not a "wow i want to live in Loooeeyville!" move at all. That was my sole reason for moving there and that was it ,I never hardly came to visit here except for 1 family reunion and 2 derby's besides that I sent for my mother to come to LA to visit me .Now I hear Lexington is nice but no one i knows ever wants to go there all they want to go to is Indiana (over the bridge) or Florida but I would love to see it, Now don't get me wrong Loserville is beautiful though all the greenery and if all you need to be convinced is green grass and nature to move somewhere then go for it, but beautiful scenery but not all grown up is not enough for ME. I have ran in to Many loservillians that pride themselves on putting Lexington down and calling it country compared to there (loserville) and tell me i would not like it there but that's what is see alot of criticism from the people there about other things they make thing they are "ABOVE" but as soon as a native they feel threatened by has an opinion about them it's (goooolly goober)all hell breaks loose . I just wonder what a well traveled , experienced (Dave) that is so fluent in other languages (besides southern draw) would settle for loserville ,huh does he not measure up ? is he short and have a napoleon complex period ? was laughed at by the real natives of those places he has been ? what? oh and before you comment on that comment Dave I would be downgrading to come to level of anyone here in Kenyucky. Once again LA (not Louisiana) although new orleans is awesome!! but please gimme a break there is no comparison none at all whatsoever!!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 02:49 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
I had totally forgotten about this post...oh my it has taken on a life of its own, LOL.

Well, our house in Long Beach sold and closed on July 16, my husband's retirement party and last day of work was on the 17th and we moved on July 18. We drove to KY, visiting relatives along the way and had a marvelous time. Two days after we arrived here, we bought a house in Hunting Creek and all the papers are signed, the inspection is over and it is a done deal...we move in soon.

We love KY - we love the beauty, the lack of traffic, the weather (much more temperate that we anticipated), the price of nearly everything is less to some degree than we are used to paying. Over the last week we have bought furniture, new appliances carpeting and flooring, met with the real estate attorney, opened our bank account, gone out to lovely meals, drove country roads, etc....we have dealt with nothing but polite and helpful people - people wave to us as we drive around Prospect neighborhoods - we are so loving this place...of course, we are happy and satisfied to begin with so that helps I guess and more importantly, we treat everyone we meet with kindness and a smile and I think that really helps when you are trying to get settled in a new place ....... we are truly pleased we moved here. Carry on.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outboard View Post
Why would anyone in their right mind move from LA to Ky? You should have your head checked. Ky is closed minded and very corny. The police drive around there like mad dogs as though crime is everywhere, people are sheltered. It's a ridiculous place for someone who is used to large city lifestyle to live.
Why would anyone in their right mind live in LA??? The high cost of living, the gangs, the clogged freeways, the weird people (land of fruits and nuts), etc. Hell, you can't even change a tire on the side of the road without running a risk of getting shot. The best thing that could happen to LA is 10.0 earthquake sending it into the Pacific. Oh and don't forget to mention the overrun of illegals who live there. It's such a wonderful, peaceful community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky