Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:43 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times

Advertisements

Thank you Kentucky for keeping Mitch McConnell in the Senate and not giving Obama a blank check.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Even I have to commend everyone that voted, no matter for whom. You don't vote, you lose. I can never understand how people have no desire to vote.

Not voting is often a form of "voting", a form of political expression that mirrors disgust and dissatisfaction.

And often it's just laziness and apathy.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:03 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransientTranny View Post
Honestly I did not vote (and haven't in over a decade). I got tired of BS after another. Having said that, Kentuckians strike me as kind of dumb. They want change, but only if they get the rewards. I'm not surprised at all at who they voted for.
Why stay where there are so many "dumb" people? You and Irishtom are both more than free to move right along.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM

257 posts, read 881,121 times
i do understand where the OP is coming from. you really can't expect too much change when you are essentially voting for the same person. although it's scary, and kentucky tends to be wary of change, people must embrace change and 'take that chance' that something better can come along. what's the worst that could happen? i'd say it's already pretty low, huh?
also, if you look at the states with the current highest unemployment rates, almost all of them voted for mccain. that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, especially considering obama's economic plan was rated much higher than mccain's.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:49 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw87a View Post
i do understand where the OP is coming from. you really can't expect too much change when you are essentially voting for the same person. although it's scary, and kentucky tends to be wary of change, people must embrace change and 'take that chance' that something better can come along. what's the worst that could happen? i'd say it's already pretty low, huh?
also, if you look at the states with the current highest unemployment rates, almost all of them voted for mccain. that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, especially considering obama's economic plan was rated much higher than mccain's.

That is such a fallacy about Kentucky. We do not vote for the same party all of the time. We have voted for the president that wins office since 1964 until this election and we probably made the right choice this time also even though a lot of other states didn't. Obama didn't even visit Ketucky or focus any campain funds here, so that tells you how much he cares about Kentucky.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:33 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,864,315 times
Thankfully KY doesn't have many electoral votes.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:19 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Kentucky Dad, I recommend that you write down / print all you have written. Two things I will note:
# 1, you have obviously received a poor education or you are not able to use your education to reason. # 2 In another thread on this forum, a writer wrote of all the issues of the Louisville and Kentucky economies. Every issue the writer wrote of was due to Democratic initiative or administration.

Democrats, you must accept some exit poll facts. Over 60% of voters connected more with McCain than they did Obama; however, they hated Bush more than the poorer rated Congress and voted for change, any change, rather than McCain, whom Obama was able to sell as a Bush Clone better than McCain could sell that he was a Maverick.

I won't bash Obama, but I will advise everyone to hold on to your rears.... The slogan, "Get in, Sit down, buckle up and shut up" will adequately describe the roller coaster ride we are headed for.

You who don't know, better thank God that the Democrats did not get a super-majority in Congress and you should consider yourself lucky that Mitch McConnell will be there to protect our mutual interests. You don't have to like Mitch, but thank God someone is there to slow the stupid Pelosi-Reed engineered train to Depression.

I think of McConnell as my son who wrecked my car. I am mad as hell at him, but he's still my son and I'll keep him in the house.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 AM

241 posts, read 1,335,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
# 1, you have obviously received a poor education or you are not able to use your education to reason.
Nice. Kentuckydad never directed his comments at any individual, yet you choose to smear his intellect. Personal attack--the hallmark of Republican debate.

Attitudes like yours are what drive moderates like me far away from the Republican party and also make me wish that City-Data offered negative rep points.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 AM

324 posts, read 1,138,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
dumb, they strike you as dumb,,,??? How can someone who doesn't vote say that???? Dumb is not voting..

NIta

I agree ! !

Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
Nice. Kentuckydad never directed his comments at any individual, yet you choose to smear his intellect. Personal attack--the hallmark of Republican debate.

Attitudes like yours are what drive moderates like me far away from the Republican party and also make me wish that City-Data offered negative rep points.
I apologize for what you feel was a personal attack at KYDad, but I wasn't attacking KYDAD as a person; I was, however, attacking his choice of words and his reasoning. While my verbage was less than perfect, my intent was not at Kentucky Dad personally, but rather at the fact that Kentucky Dad did not get a good education, or at least one he could put to good use. You, Mr. Rural Guy, wrote what I will refer to as the typical hate filled attitude against the truths many of the GOP are trying to share. Nothing could be further from the truth. Time will prove my point.

I invite anyone to challenge my words for I know if they are understood, people will most always agree when they know the facts. I never attempt nor have cause to attack a person, but I do attack and have tremendous cause to attack misguided attitudes, emotions, and self-centeredness. In my eyes, only God has the ultimate judgement. I am not God, I don't try to be.

Let me repeat, as you said, KYDad did not attack a person, but, Rural Guy, you agreed he attacked a group, in this case all Kentuckians. I stand in defense against such attacks at any one or any group. If you will join with me and quit feeling personally offended, maybe you will see that KYDAD and likely you have made poor choices which will haunt our children and grandchildren. It has nothing to do with personally attacking KYDad, you, or anyone as a decent person, but attacking irresponsible choices, you bet!

Last edited by tomocox; 11-06-2008 at 09:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: