Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 PM

28 posts, read 59,566 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating for work, in Hebron, KY.

I'd like to live as close to work as possible, but also near retail shops, and restaurants.

From doing basic searching on google maps it seems that the main retail shops are on houston rd. Am I wrong?

For now, I'd be happy with an apartment, preferably less than 800 a month. I'm trying to save money, so the cheaper the better, without getting into anything run down.

Right now I'm kind of spoiled in my current location. I'm 10 minutes from work and 5 minutes from everything else.

Last edited by Wiggles603; 12-06-2008 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 03:52 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
For your price range you might want to look in older areas btw Florence and Erlanger. Hebron/ Burlington is mostly newer luxury apartments

Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 AM

I didn't think sanctuary apartments in hebron were too bad.

Has anyone heard of the Fountains at Lakeside Park, in Ft. Mitchell? How is the area, and complex?

How is Villa Hills?

Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 PM

87 posts, read 358,117 times
Lakeside Park and Villa Hills are both good areas. Honestly, I would think rents there would be higher than in Hebron.

You mentioned Houston Road (in Florence)...yes, that has a ton of shopping (Wal Mart, Sams, Best Buy, Kohls, Meijer)...but it's so crowded. Traffic is horrible. I don't think there's any apartments right on Houston (although I think there are apartments close to the continuation of Houston called Hopeful Church Road.

Ten minutes from work, five minutes from shopping and restaurants...Sounds like the Turfway Road area of Florence might be best. There are several complexes just off Turfway that I think would be affordable. Houston crosses Turfway, so you're close to the shopping. You're also only about two to three minutes from Florence Mall. And you're about six to ten minutes from Hebron (depending on what part of Hebron you are working in).

Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM

If you live in Ohio, but work in Kentucky, don't you have to pay taxes for both states?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

241 posts, read 1,335,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggles603 View Post
If you live in Ohio, but work in Kentucky, don't you have to pay taxes for both states?
Not state income tax. But you will have to pay local occupation taxes whereever you work. I do the opposite--live in KY and work in OH.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 PM

if you live and work in KY, do you still have to pay the local occupation taxes?

So if taxes aren't a factor, is it better to live in KY or OH?

Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Quote:
if you live and work in KY, do you still have to pay the local occupation taxes?

The problem with the Ohio side is you have to go 15 miles from Downtown to find an area that's not a dump. The Kentucky side is incredibly cleaner, with better infrastructure and no high crime areas. The roads in Cincy are just awful with lots of potholes and the traffic lights are really hard to see

Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Quote:

The location of your employment is where you get taxed for the muncipal 'city tax'. You pay the state taxes and property taxes where you live. Don't know if Hebron has city taxes.

One way not to pay city taxes is if your job has you working outside the city. You'd have to document (itemize) each day that you're out of the city in order not to pay that "day's" city taxes - this can add up.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Give Crestview Hills a look. It's still only ten minutes from the airport and about eight minutes from Florence Mall in good traffic. Not a bad place and easily my favorite NKY suburb. Here's my post: //www.city-data.com/forum/6414387-post7.html.

You might also consider Ft. Mitchell, Ft. Wright, Edgewood, Erlanger, and Elsmere as other suburbs surrounding Florence. For nice apts. at $800/mo., Edgewood, Erlanger, and Crestview Hills would be your best bets.

I'm more partial to some of the Kenton County suburban communities myself. They're distinctively suburban but they're not at the same time; you have the safety, security, and proximity to a major city that first class suburbs offer. On the other hand, they each have a sort of individual small town distinction.

Boone County suburbs (like Hebron and Florence) are just boring sprawlburbia, IMO, and it's a little snooty in my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky