Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,604,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
No, the National Guard is giving the generators out. The National Guard was called up by your Governor.

You are full of bull.

Do you live here, NO!

Were YOU the one opening MY door the other day and talking to the people that said, "We are here from FEMA to make sure you and your family are OK, and do you need anything, do you have utilities, food, heating source, etc..." NO!

Were you the one that personally saw those people, NO!

So until you do all those things, you DO NOT have the right to say ANYTHING about me being full of anything son.

Mind your place, and I accept your apology.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:17 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,280,732 times
Where are the ranting celebrities? Are they holding concerts to help? Will Obama help? Nope. The media ignores things like this to cover. They did the same thing with Iowa when they were under water for over a month.

But we were supposed to open our wallets and hearts to people who ignored evacuation orders for 4 days and watch all the billions of dollars being donated to them.

Such a shame we are only interested in helping the ones who REFUSE to help themselves.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:37 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,457,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I bet you and your kind were all over Bush for Katrina. Whether it is fair or not Obama should get blamed for this just like Bush did. All is fair in religion and politics baby. If you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
Me or my kind? LOL. You mean Americans who take the ups and downs of life without crying or trying to blame the President?

You don't even know me or my kind. You and the OP prove this thread is less about KY and more about the OP's contempt for President Obama.

We have ice storms in Oklahoma. I know all about ice storms firsthand. There is no comparison to the damage it causes versus snow. The power lines go down and there are only so many electric company trucks and personnel to fix them. So people just have to hold tight until it gets fixed.

We were without power for two weeks last year, and you never heard anyone in Oklahoma crying about Bush not doing this or that. The process starts with the GOV who declares the state of emergency so he can get federal aid.

Telling me to stay out of the kitchen illustrates your inability to discuss a subject at hand without resorting to personal attacks, baby.

The OP is from TX, posted many times how much he dislikes Obama on the election threads. This weather situation just made his day. Meanwhile, there are people in KY who need help and some people find this as a great excuse to sit on the sidelines and hurl insults and play the blame game.

Avengrfire, you could not be more wrong about me and my kind and Katrina. Sorry to take away your point on that one.

Last edited by _redbird_; 02-03-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,190,366 times
I gotta say, I'm really getting tired of all the whackjobs that aren't even FROM Kentucky coming and ranting about what Obama supposedly hasn't done when the rest of us that actually live here are saying YES we've gotten help - and lots of it.

I live in a tiny no man's land town of 250 people over in Eastern Kentucky. We were absolutely pummelled by this storm. And guess what? We had water, generators, oxygen tanks, food, kerosene, heaters, shelters, etc all within hours of the storm hitting. Firefighters have gone door to door doing welfare checks, handing out supplies, and setting up shelters. We had 600 gallons of water show up at the firestation yesterday that we turned away because everybody had finally gotten power back. People here couldn't have asked to be taken better care of.

An ice storm in Kentucky and a category 4 hurricane in Louisiana aren't even comparable. Stop using our disaster to fuel your personal hatred of Obama.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,280,732 times
Yeah, there is no comparison. With the hurricane they had a week's notice and 4 days and busses brought in to evacuate them and they chose not to. With the ice storm they had no warning.

BTW watch you you bash as I went to New Orleans to help and had to stay there for 4 weeks for my job. So don't YOU talk about things you won't know about.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,283,658 times
What many of you offer is nothing but articles written with political correctness on behalf of the federal government and the Obama administration. Ask the people that are sleeping in what is equivalent to a refrigerator or freezer, have no water or food, and have not seen any help whatsoever from FEMA. How many people have died in KY?

Here is yet another emergency operations spokesperson saying they haven't seen FEMA. Can you defend this?

"We haven't seen FEMA. They haven't been here," said Jaime Green, a spokeswoman for the emergency operations center in Lyon County, about 95 miles northwest of Nashville, Tenn."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090203/NEWS02/702039896

Last edited by Kootr; 02-03-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,607,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
What many of you offer is nothing but articles written with political correctness on behalf of the federal government and the Obama administration. Ask the people that are sleeping in what is equivalent to a refrigerator or freezer, have no water or food, and have not seen any help whatsoever from FEMA. How many people have died in KY?

Here is yet another emergency operations spokesperson saying they haven't seen FEMA. Can you defend this?

"We haven't seen FEMA. They haven't been here," said Jaime Green, a spokeswoman for the emergency operations center in Lyon County, about 95 miles northwest of Nashville, Tenn."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090203/NEWS02/702039896
These people are FROM Kentucky! Stop spamming your Obama hate to every forum.

From the first paragraph of YOUR link:

EDDYVILLE, Ky. -- In the first real test of the Obama administration's ability to respond to a disaster, Kentucky officials are giving the federal government good marks for its response to a deadly ice storm.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 AM

48 posts, read 158,095 times
My husband works for NC emergency management and his organization is just waiting from the word from YOUR governor to send five truck loads of water. He has been waiting a week for the word. FEMA was on the phone with him during the Super Bowl trying to expedite the water to you all in KY but they can't do anything until your governor "pulls the trigger" as they say. Obama has done what he was asked to do, declare a federal emergeny in the counties your governor asked him to do. Your governor needs to get out of the way so that all of you without supplies can get them.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,777,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Yeah, there is no comparison. With the hurricane they had a week's notice and 4 days and busses brought in to evacuate them and they chose not to. With the ice storm they had no warning.

BTW watch you you bash as I went to New Orleans to help and had to stay there for 4 weeks for my job. So don't YOU talk about things you won't know about.
There was no warning about the ice storm? Mmmmm... that is odd, don't you watch the weather?

Old 02-03-2009, 02:38 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,283,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconis View Post
My husband works for NC emergency management and his organization is just waiting from the word from YOUR governor to send five truck loads of water. He has been waiting a week for the word. FEMA was on the phone with him during the Super Bowl trying to expedite the water to you all in KY but they can't do anything until your governor "pulls the trigger" as they say. Obama has done what he was asked to do, declare a federal emergeny in the counties your governor asked him to do. Your governor needs to get out of the way so that all of you without supplies can get them.
Sounds like communications have broken down between FEMA and KY. Reminds me of the same problem we all heard about in New Orleans doesn't it? The blame game continues...as people die. Amazing stuff! So much for the Obama administration correcting this sort of thing so another NO doesn't happen again... Sadly, it has under Obama...and this was just a little test. Heaven only knows what will happen when a big event happens. Promises - promises...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky