Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,901 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a few mature musicians who like to play Celtic music; mostly the pub fare from the Clancy Brothers and similar acts. Acoustic instruments will dominate, and versatility is certainly welcome, as are any performers with strong vocals.

I play guitar (as, it seems, everybody does) and can handle some vocals. It would be great add a fiddle player, tin whistle, another guitarist, and a percussionist as well.

Again, strong vocals are a great asset.

Stage presence and high energy are important.

The goal would be to play local venues on weekends with a few festivals and private functions thrown in for good measure. While this certainly wouldn't take the place of a day job, it wii gradually become much more than a hobby band. Ihave the right connections to move the act ahead to the limits of the individual performers.

We may not make this St. Patrick's Day, but we will surely be the hit somewhere for the next.

Last edited by tswarbrick; 02-25-2009 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: added sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM

98 posts, read 392,003 times
Thumbs up Cool!!!

Good Luck to you!!! As a person who has attended quite a few Celtic fairs and festivals, I love this type of music. When I get to Ky. from Calif., I would love to be able to hear this type of music live. Maybe throw a bagpiper in for good measure

This Irish girl wishes you the best in your endeavor!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted on your progress!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 AM
San

54 posts, read 430,388 times
Oh how wonderful! If I were only a bit younger I'd be tempted to try out for your band. However, I'm a bit too old with too many medical problems. Coming from an Irish family I grew up on this sort of music and just love it. It would be wonderful to come and here you play when you get all organized. The best of luck to you in your endeavor. May ye be an hour in Heaven before the Devil knows yer dead. (As the Irish Rovers used to say)

Old 03-13-2009, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,901 times
Smile Greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a bit too old and have medical problems?

What kind of excuse is that???? (LOL)

In 1996, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I spent six months in a wheelchair recovering from polyneuropathy, a particularly harsh form of peripheral neuropathy. Shortly thereafter, I was found to have hepatitis C which destroyed my liver. I had a transplant in 2003. The Prograf anti-rejection medication wrecked my kidneys, so now I do dialysis three times a week.

I'll be 58 in a couple of weeks.
I'm the business manager and guitarist/orchestrator for a recording studio and will consult on a brand new one that is to be the centerpiece of Charette, Quebec.

I also do role-playing at a couple of anti-terrorist schools where I get to attacj SWAT and Special Forces teams along with a Russian friend of mine.

The last Celtic band I was in had five members, all but one older than me.

In the words of the Boss; No retreat, baby, no surrender.

Thank you so, so very much for answering my post. Blessings to you and your family.

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky