Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:52 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
There is not anything wrong with being an accomplished and successful human being, which Diane clearly is. So what if she doesn't know what country ham is. When I was in high school I had a couple of friends over for breakfast in my teeny tiny rural Kentucky hometown, all of us born and raised there, and those girls didn't know what country ham was when my Mama fixed it. Not everyone in the state is a fan of pork products. Many of you are trying to put her into a mold and make her fit a Kentucky sterotype....isn't that what all the fuss is about, sterotypes. Why make her fit one.

The point was not that she didn't know what country ham is, it is that she surely does and for some reason pretended not to. I don't like fakes, that is the point. If you like her, so be it, nobody is trying to convince you of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 AM

631 posts, read 1,885,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The point was not that she didn't know what country ham is, it is that she surely does and for some reason pretended not to. I don't like fakes, that is the point. If you like her, so be it, nobody is trying to convince you of anything.

Southern Hospitality is running rampant on the Kentucky boards lately.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Southern Hospitality is running rampant on the Kentucky boards lately.

I didn't mean to be rude, I just don't think you understood my point.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 PM

631 posts, read 1,885,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I didn't mean to be rude, I just don't think you understood my point.
Its all good. I do get your point but we have differing opinions and that's okay. I enjoy reading your post and respect your point of view so I'll leave it at that.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM

257 posts, read 881,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Diane Sawyer is from Louisville...so maybe she feels that Louisville is a little above the rest of Kentucky - and her view of everything outside Louisville is one of "rednecks, poverty, and drug addicts?
Ugh, here we go again. Why would you think this? Are you insinuating that everyone from Louisville thinks this way? That's what it seems like. It is definitely not the case. I'm from Louisville and I respect all parts of this great state. I wish this feud would stop, and until then and kentucky rises as one, nothing great and uniting is ever going to happen.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Its all good. I do get your point but we have differing opinions and that's okay. I enjoy reading your post and respect your point of view so I'll leave it at that.
Fair enough and sorry again if I came off as rude.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
And now Ohio people are invading the South, which includes Kentucky. During the 50's and 60's everyone was moving North. Funny how it's completely changed now.
How come so many people are moving out of Ohio?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 PM

98 posts, read 391,860 times
Unhappy Oh Oh, OHIO!

My Aunt has lived most of her life in the Cleveland area, and one cousin lives in Dayton. My Aunt has said that most of the businesses and restaurants are going out in Cleveland, and it is really bad there. 2 of my cousins work at Cisco foods, and they say the business is very slow.

My cousin from Dayton, has gone to Cleveland to work, as he can not find a job in Dayton, after living there for 12 years or so. His family is still in Dayton, and he goes home on the weekends, staying in Cleveland during the week.

My other cousin is in North Carolina and worked for NASCAR, but got let go from his job. Things seem to be really hard for everyone. All of these people are 40-58 years old, so not young'uns.

I thought about moving there to Ohio to be close to my Aunt, but she told me to stay away, rents are still high there-she sends me the papers, but she says it is not the place to be.She says that the whole area is depressed and not just in mind

Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,451,683 times
I live in Dayton and there is mass unemployment here. When one factory goes under and puts 2,000 out of work (4,000 over three years) that is a lot of people. And there is more than one big factory doing this. So people have to leave town for work.

You're actually seeing abandoned suburbs here in Dayton. Some pix: The New Suburban Gothic

Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,451,683 times
I live in Dayton and there is mass unemployment here. When one factory goes under and puts 2,000 out of work (4,000 over three years) that is a lot of people. And there is more than one big factory doing this. So people have to leave town for work.

You're actually seeing abandoned suburbs here in Dayton. Some pix: The New Suburban Gothic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky