Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,923 times

Advertisements

Shadowwalker,
I'm glad you were able to see past the surface area to see the real Kentucky. It seems that a lot of people-even Kentuckians- are unable to do so. I, for the life of me, can't see what fine homes and a high income have to do with happiness. I've got enough to make it on and that's all I need. I have a home and a great family whom I can count on when times get tough. What more does anyone need?
Yep, the Ky cooks can rank with the best in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Shadowwalker,
I'm glad you were able to see past the surface area to see the real Kentucky. It seems that a lot of people-even Kentuckians- are unable to do so. I, for the life of me, can't see what fine homes and a high income have to do with happiness. I've got enough to make it on and that's all I need. I have a home and a great family whom I can count on when times get tough. What more does anyone need?
Yep, the Ky cooks can rank with the best in the world.
Amen!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Default Happiness is inside you

If you're a happy person, you'll be happy, wherever you are living. If you are unhappy, then you will go here and there, trying to be happy....finally, you realize that it's inside of you.

Wherever you go, there you are.

I would prefer to live elsewhere than KY, but I'm a happy person. And I am happy in Kentucky. I do prefer the western United States. Perhaps one day, I can return. Until then, I will enjoy my life.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,326 times
I drove all over the Kentucky, multiple times. It's a beautiful state, with diverse scenery and a lot of history. Happiness is dictated by personal circumstances not the state.

Last edited by M5000; 03-18-2009 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-18-2009, 02:37 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,923 times
Sundance, I have voiced the same thought in slightly different words. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you take yourself along wth you.
M5000, Glad you enjoy our state. I live in the eastern part and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:50 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,357 times
Pft. I have this kinda view every evening...

How could I not be happy looking at that.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:25 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Pft. I have this kinda view every evening...

How could I not be happy looking at that.

True

Old 03-19-2009, 02:21 PM

18 posts, read 81,214 times
census data is sooooooo accurate with the girls and having kids ...
i'm a 29 y/o single male (never married) no kids ...

i live in the capital (frankfort) - and I am considered rare! Both males and females @ this age here in KY have either married/divorced and/or had kids ...

i'm moving very soon! I see why the state is ranked 49th unhappiest!

I have money/nice job/attractive ... but so unhappy with the people and what this place has to offer it's not even funny ..

There is nothing ever going on ... and the education in the people are low -
people are very un-loyal and it's always gossipy drama BS going on ....

even if you move here ! you are subject to drama, gossip, etc. If someone wanted to move to Frankfort/LEX - Please re-consider .... Louisville is a little better with gossip/drama ...but still with it being a big city not to much to offer .. and the same type of people ...

GET ME OUT OF KY! PLEASE!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike579uk View Post
-
people are very un-loyal and it's always gossipy drama BS going on ....

even if you move here ! you are subject to drama, gossip, etc. If someone wanted to move to Frankfort/LEX - Please re-consider .... Louisville is a little better with gossip/drama ...but still with it being a big city not to much to offer .. and the same type of people ...

I love my homestate but whole heartedly agree with you on the topic of gossip in KY. It is unbelieveable, especially in my small town the amount of gossipy busy-bodies. My hubby always thought I was exaggerating about it until he went home with me the first time. He went with me to get my haircut and when I told the receptionist my name and appointment time three nosey ladies (who I had never met in my life) in the corner were like "....are you so and so's grand-daughter?" I answered yes and boy they were off filling the others in on who all I was related to, where my mama lives, where my sisters live, where everybody works at and basically my life from birth until that point. Hubby just looked at me speechless. Welcome to small town Kentucky, where no body can mind their own business.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:58 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike579uk View Post
GET ME OUT OF KY! PLEASE!!!!
Nothing stopping you, go be miserable somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky