Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:36 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times

Advertisements

Here is a list of Kentucky's fastest growing counties, based on the new estimates released today

Biggest increase in actual population, 2000-2007

1. Boone 26,468
2. Fayette 18,532
3. Jefferson 15,660
4. Bullitt 12,695
5. Warren 11,501
6. Madison 10,321
7. Scott 9,893
8. Oldham 9,317
9. Shelby 7,121
10. Jessamine 6,514

http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/tables/CO-EST2007-02-21.csv (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 PM

104 posts, read 417,263 times
Default one for the Hopkinsville critics

CHRISTIAN COUNTY (Hopkinsville) + 8,560 (with most of Ft.Campbell deployed)

McCRACKEN COUNTY (Paducah) - 749

OUCH, that really hurts!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
CHRISTIAN COUNTY (Hopkinsville) + 8,560 (with most of Ft.Campbell deployed)

OUCH, that really hurts!
Yeah, military people count in the census too. That's also why Hardin & Meade have been barely breaking even despite a fast growing non-military population

Old 03-23-2008, 11:29 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Quote:

OUCH, that really hurts!
You can think their mayor Bill Paxton and or shall one say TAXon, every one has moved to the surrounding counties, mainly Marshall and north Graves. If it wasn't for the McCracken refugees Graves would have had negative growth after a couple of big plants shut down and moved to Mexico. Paducah and McCracken have way to many taxes and rules, so folks are moving out but still work there as it's still growing in terms of business.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM

104 posts, read 417,263 times
Wink Davart

I have to confess that one of the primary reasons I posted this was to see if I would get a response from you. I hope you are doing well and had a good Easter holiday. As we both know, Paducah is a great place. I wish we had a Borders, a SAMs, and a Best Buy in Hopkinsville. I keep hearing that a new shopping complex is going in on 41A next to the convention center but I am starting to get a little suspicious. If its true, they sure are taking there sweet time about building it. I'll close by saying "well wishes from across the rivers".

Old 03-24-2008, 05:19 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Quote:
I have to confess that one of the primary reasons I posted this was to see if I would get a response from you. I hope you are doing well and had a good Easter holiday. As we both know, Paducah is a great place. I wish we had a Borders, a SAMs, and a Best Buy in Hopkinsville. I keep hearing that a new shopping complex is going in on 41A next to the convention center but I am starting to get a little suspicious. If its true, they sure are taking there sweet time about building it. I'll close by saying "well wishes from across the rivers".
Was my reply what you thought it would be?

Paducah (which I do not live in) is taxed to death and have way to many goofy local ordinances, like in the lower town art district for example if you replace a garage door you can't replace it with a new aluminum door you have to replace it with a period piece wooden door at about 5 times the cost and 1/4 the life. The list of stupid stuff like that is endless so folks have opted for north Graves, northwest Marshall or Southern Illinois where property taxes are lower and you can remodel your property the way you see fit. It's still adding new businesses, albeit there has been some closures lately, World Market (this spring) and a couple of others, restaurants that catered to specialty up scale market, which will not fly here, but at the same time there are others opening and a new $30+ million convention center in the works and a new river front development. Which is why they raise taxes to pay for all these grand ideas.

It's become a bit of a comedy bit on morning radio here, as a guy that plays Paducah's mayor comes up with new things and ways to tax people.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 PM

5 posts, read 25,438 times
NOOO Hopkinsville isnt getting a shopping Mall, Hopkinsville is terrible. I grew up in Paducah and back then Hopkinsville and Paducah were about the same size. My parents forced us out of Paducah because it was "dying" and my parents thought that Hopkinsville would thrive!!! NO, not in the least, Hopkinsville is nasty, has gangs and the educational system is terrible. I believe their is a total of 3 stores in our mall. Everytime I go to Paducah to see my parents I just imagine what it would have been like. Paducah might have some goofy rules, but somewhere in those rules is the secret to success. I kinda went on a Hopkinsvilee bashing spree but if I could do it again, then I would live in Paducah.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:38 PM

5 posts, read 25,438 times
Hopkinsville isnt getting a shopping Mall, Hopkinsville is terrible. I grew up in Paducah and back then Hopkinsville and Paducah were about the same size. My parents forced us out of Paducah because it was "dying" and my parents thought that Hopkinsville would thrive!!! NO, not in the least, Hopkinsville is nasty, has gangs and the educational system is terrible. I believe their is a total of 3 stores in our mall. Everytime I go to Paducah to see my parents I just imagine what it would have been like. Paducah might have some goofy rules, but somewhere in those rules is the secret to success. Hopkinsville i guess by the stats is getting better but not better, the only sign of hopkinsville getting bigger is a road or something being built but besides that nada. I kinda went on a Hopkinsvilee bashing spree but if I could do it again, then I would live in Paducah.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Here is a list of Kentucky's fastest growing counties, based on the new estimates released today

Biggest increase in actual population, 2000-2007

1. Boone 26,468
2. Fayette 18,532
3. Jefferson 15,660
4. Bullitt 12,695
5. Warren 11,501
6. Madison 10,321
7. Scott 9,893
8. Oldham 9,317
9. Shelby 7,121
10. Jessamine 6,514

http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/tables/CO-EST2007-02-21.csv (broken link)

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised that Laurel County is not in the top 10. Jefferson County being on the list is a surprise to me.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,630 times
quote, to nooo, hopkinsvilleis getting a new stripmall along with TJ maxx coming and more.....
its going to be next to sisk auto complex this is from a birdy at the construstion contract i work
for them.....i do remember someone saying they were not going to get a chick fil a and logans roadhouse.
the work is done whats next complain your getting something and those are the same people that
shoppe there and hate it but go.....any responds to hopkinsville not getting anything....CSX is build a
complex there with almost 100 jobs anything else.....ijoy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky