Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:50 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,483,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I don't really care what happened or why. I just know how the boosters and the UK fans are. I hate the school and the basketball program. I also wonder how many more times WKU will beat them in basketball before UK wimps out of that contract? Hell, they won't even play Murray State. I would send my kid to UT before UK...btw...GO:
Send your kid to UT What do you have against your kid that you dislike it that much...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,342,219 times
I grew up a UK fan, but as I became a young adult I could not stand to be counted among the most arrogant and classless sports fans anywhere. I honestly don't understand how anyone could listen to a UK call in show or read all the crap they post on the internet and still want to have a UK license plate or house flag. I was a UK fan the first 18 years of my life, I'll be a U of L fan until the day I die

Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 PM

728 posts, read 1,669,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I grew up a UK fan, but as I became a young adult I could not stand to be counted among the most arrogant and classless sports fans anywhere. I honestly don't understand how anyone could listen to a UK call in show or read all the crap they post on the internet and still want to have a UK license plate or house flag. I was a UK fan the first 18 years of my life, I'll be a U of L fan until the day I die
I'm right there with ya. I loved UK until about 3 years ago (I'm 37). The fans and anti Louisville sentiment out in rural KY are sickening. I respect the tradition and history of UK basketball, but somewhere along the line, the fans have become a detriment to the program. And if you guys think I'm full of it, check out all the Head coaches who are saying "No" to UK. Nobody wants that kind of pressure to win.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:59 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,867,844 times
I agree with the last two posts. There are more than a few UK fans that are crackpots. I hope UK has to pay Gillispie millions and they have trouble finding a decent coach.

I am sure slick Rick Pitino sleeps soundly at night knowing that he doesn't have to coach there anymore.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM

102 posts, read 294,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I am sure slick Rick Pitino sleeps soundly at night knowing that he doesn't have to coach there anymore.
That slickhaired jackass isn't sleeping well tonight that's for sure.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,342,219 times
rbryant, my experience has actually been that the UK fans in the Louisville area are much worse than the ones in the rest of the state. I had dozens of extremely rude encounters with UK fans in Louisville during my U of L days but have never had any problems in Lexington.

As for the original topic of this post... I think the video all over the internet of Billy Gillespie being chased like an escaped slave in the Deep South by WLEX's Alan Cutler and WHAS's Mark Hebert out of Memorial Colleseum is an image that will haunt UK for decades to come - who would want to coach somewhere where you are treated like that?. It truely makes all UK fans (and nationally the state of KY) look horrible. Compare the treatment of Denny Crum at U of L or Phil Fulmer at UT to how Tubby and Gillespie were treated.

I think only an ego maniac or UK alum would even consider the job at this point. Travis Ford will probably be the highest person on the list to accept it.

This video alone has 55,000 hits on YouTube

YouTube - Mark Hebert and Alan Cutler chase Billy Gillespie after he is fired

Old 03-29-2009, 09:31 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,978,713 times
Question Who's next?

The next coach is going to be....?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,483,481 times
I would like to see someone take a Louisville Slugger to Alan Cutlers head, he is one ignorant SOB.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,122,561 times
That is the media, they are jerks, but that has nothing to do with UK as a school or program.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM

185 posts, read 403,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The next coach is going to be....?
Calipari???

Source: Calipari contemplate taking Kentucky job - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky