Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

200 posts, read 807,067 times

Advertisements

You would think that with the population of the northern Kentucky area it would be sufficient to support its own sub forum on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 AM

241 posts, read 1,335,813 times
I started a thread on this same topic more than a year ago (kentucky-subforum-added.html). Despite the overwhelming support of people who responded to the thread and the dozens of logical arguments in favor of adding a NKY subforum, the idea doesn't seem to pass muster with the mods.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:00 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
I started a thread on this same topic more than a year ago (kentucky-subforum-added.html). Despite the overwhelming support of people who responded to the thread and the dozens of logical arguments in favor of adding a NKY subforum, the idea doesn't seem to pass muster with the mods.
The area doesn't generate enough hits. If it makes you feel any better, Louisville's Southern Indiana suburbs are also heavily populated but do not retain their own forum in Indiana either.

Besides, NKY is honestly better discussed with Cincinnati because, despite some locals opinions, the areas are inextricably linked. The way that city data and state governments are set up really, somewhat discriminates against multi- state metro areas like Louisville and Cincinnati.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 AM

That does make some sense.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Default Another linked forum?

When I was in San Antonio, one of the moderators said there can only be two "sticky's" per page. That sounded like an acceptable answer until I saw one page with three. You could post a thread on 'votes' to gauge where the consensus is.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:16 PM

257 posts, read 881,544 times
yeah, i thought it was agreed upon last year that it would get its own subforum...and i think northern kentucky is very distinguishable from cincinnati!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times
I think one reason they do not have their own sub-forum is because they are so closely related to Cincinnati that they can have their questions answered in Cincinnati's sub-forum.

I live in Dayton, and I go down to Cincinnati's new Ikea all the time, many people from NKY are there, and I get to talking with them, they are much more involved with whats going on in Cincinnati and the metro area than whats going on with Kentucky, and it also helps that Covington and Newport have been influenced so much by Cincinnati.

I mean think, what would Newport and Convington be like if Cincinnati never was established.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 PM

They would probably be much bigger towns... I mean in the past 10 years where has all of the development taken place in the area... Northern Kentucky has exploded.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:28 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
They would probably be much bigger towns... I mean in the past 10 years where has all of the development taken place in the area... Northern Kentucky has exploded.
How could that even be? Did you read my post correctly? Cincinnati is a major city that has benefited them both very well...

If it werent for Cincinnati, they would both be sleepy river towns. All the new development going on is in Cincinnati. Just go to Covington and look across the river, there are like 8 cranes dotting the Cincinnati skyline. Not many cities in the country have that many cranes. The Banks Project, Queen City Square phases one and two, Cincinnati Riverfront Park, Fountain Square, etc. Not only is West Chester, Mason and Lebanon some of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest, but Cincinnati also is growing.

Don't get me wrong, both Covington and Newport are great towns, and really interact with Cincinnati well (Riverfest is by far my favorite festival anywhere, not many places can compete 600,000 plus!). I mean Cincinnati could be like St. Louis and have a town like E. St. Louis across the river, but no Covington probaly has Kentucky's second best skyline, and Newport is doing good.

I am just saying, if Cincy were never around, Covington and Newport would be two sleepy river towns.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:25 AM

137 posts, read 448,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I am just saying, if Cincy were never around, Covington and Newport would be two sleepy river towns.
I undestand what you are saying, but that is not necessarily true. Look at Louisville and how it has thrived through the years and it is located on the other side of the Ohio River in Kentucky. Just a thought....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky