Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times

Advertisements

The gambling proposal has been shot down again and from what I gather on news sources (for what that's worth) that the horse industry in Kentucky is dying. Now I am curious as to what the state is going to do to make up a billion dollars? I hear they want to tax (surcharge) lottery tickets. Now how stupid can you get? They do that, people will stop playing or go across to other states to get their lottery fix. So what will they do? Higher gas tax? Higher income tax? Wait until they decide to tax our food. I am sure that will go over well. Either that or people will lose their jobs, benefits, etc. Something has to give.

I guess I am upset at the fact that if they did have slot machines, I would not have to go and pay for our budget shortfall. Now the state will force me to help pay. Gee thanks for "protecting" me from myself. In the meantime, Kentucky money will continue to roll into Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana. Funny...lottery, tobacco, horse racing, and making bourbon are all ok though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,442 times
Quote:
I would not have to go and pay for our budget shortfall.
Here's how to look at it, we don't have a budget short fall, what we have is a government that wants to spend about a billion dollars more than we have to give them.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Here's how to look at it, we don't have a budget short fall, what we have is a government that wants to spend about a billion dollars more than we have to give them.
Yes! Instead of taxing food the government should cut all social services. That would save an immense amount of money.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes! Instead of taxing food the government should cut all social services. That would save an immense amount of money.
That would suit me fine, far to many people standing around with their hand out already dependent on others. I find hunger to be one hell of a motivator.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 PM

Oh and since it's near the 4th, I forgot to add fireworks. Yet even more money that goes to other states.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 AM

246 posts, read 1,057,147 times
Default Highliner

I would guess that none of you have yet had to deal with a career-ending illness yet. Otherwise , you might not be so quick to condemn so many of your neighbors as 'standing around' with their hands out. Do you really want to end social security, and turn your parents out into the gutter?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highliner View Post
I would guess that none of you have yet had to deal with a career-ending illness yet. Otherwise , you might not be so quick to condemn so many of your neighbors as 'standing around' with their hands out. Do you really want to end social security, and turn your parents out into the gutter?
What does that have to do with the original question?

Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highliner View Post
You looking for sympathy? I'm all out. This is why you carry disability insurance... it's the six "P's"

Old 08-02-2009, 02:08 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
... Funny...lottery, tobacco, horse racing, and making bourbon are all ok though.
Don't forget corn liquor. That's ok too, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky