Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
What is sad is that Kentuckians LOVE these freeloaders They view them as hard working, honest people who just need a break in life.

I moved here from Los Angeles, partly to escape the illegal freeloaders who have destroyed that area. It is a cancer eating away at America, and Kentucky is welcoming it with open arms They won't know what hit them until 10 years down the road. By then it will be too late to even voice an opinion for fear of retaliation.
The same can be said for Virginia. I'm moving out of Northern Virginia to Elizabethtown next year and a big factor is the apathetic attitude towards illegal immigration. Our governor has basically welcomed illegals with open arms. Thankfully, he is out this year and both of the top candidates for VA governor will likely take a more aggressive attitude towards illegal immigration.

One lady in the illegal immigration forum from Shelbyville posted on what illegals have done to Shelbyville and it just makes me think that no place is safe.

One thing that the media likes to sweep under the rug is that a lot of illegals are very racist, especially toward blacks. You have no idea how many dirty stares, as a black man i get every day in Northern VA.

Illegal immigration a major problem and trust me the white folks arent the only ones who are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 AM

844 posts, read 2,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
The same can be said for Virginia. I'm moving out of Northern Virginia to Elizabethtown next year and a big factor is the apathetic attitude towards illegal immigration. Our governor has basically welcomed illegals with open arms. Thankfully, he is out this year and both of the top candidates for VA governor will likely take a more aggressive attitude towards illegal immigration.

One lady in the illegal immigration forum from Shelbyville posted on what illegals have done to Shelbyville and it just makes me think that no place is safe.

One thing that the media likes to sweep under the rug is that a lot of illegals are very racist, especially toward blacks. You have no idea how many dirty stares, as a black man i get every day in Northern VA.

Illegal immigration a major problem and trust me the white folks arent the only ones who are concerned.
Oh, I know - growing up in Los Angeles I saw the racism. They hate blacks, whites... just about anyone who isn't "them". It really is sad - and only grows worse the more it gets ignored. But what can we do?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:26 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Sebree in Webster County is quite populated with aliens, most of which I assume are illegal. Probably 15% of the town, in fact. I'm sure other largely agricultural towns in West KY have the same problem. The problem in West KY pales in comparison to what Californians and Texans have experienced for decades, though.

Oh, and yes AlanBoy, Shelbyville has changed tremendously over the last ten years because of the influx of illegal immigrants. It used to be a very quaint bedroom community. Now it's a mix of illegals and faux-rich, snooty transplants from Louisville. Explain that to me.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

I'm white and grew up among a lot of hispanics and I don't get the illegal alien 'staring thing' - it can be very unnerving. Can anyone explain?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
What is sad is that Kentuckians LOVE these freeloaders They view them as hard working, honest people who just need a break in life.

I moved here from Los Angeles, partly to escape the illegal freeloaders who have destroyed that area. It is a cancer eating away at America, and Kentucky is welcoming it with open arms They won't know what hit them until 10 years down the road. By then it will be too late to even voice an opinion for fear of retaliation.
Oh hang on a sec babe, not all of us love illegals; heck most everyone I know can't stand the sight of an illegal.

I see first hand what illegals do to a small community. Look no further than Sebree in Webster Co to see what I mean. Now, Sebree was never a perfect lil town, but now it's disgusting and dirty.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:43 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
I didn't think Sebree looked that bad. It's a little run down like a lot of small towns but don't think it's as bad as you say.
You'd be surprised how many are here actually looking to better themselves and help their family. I know somebody who works with them at Tyson, outside Sebree. Yeah there are quite a few who look forward to the paycheck to go get drunk or whatever, but there are some who are here with there families who want to have a better life for their kids than what they had in Mexico. In no way am I taking up for them. But I also know there are two sides to every story.
If I had to I wouldn't hesitate to move to Sebree.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:53 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
-" but there are some who are here with their families who want to have a better life for their kids than what they had in Mexico. "

TOO BAD !

Enter the country legally or stay the heck out !

We shouldn't be playing the " good illegal " vs "bad illegal" game.

If they aren't here legally, they are illegals and having a family with them doesn't change that.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 AM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,257 times
PrincessJoyce, you go on about how bad Kentucky is (backwards, etc) and then complain that people tell YOU that they don't like outsiders.

I'm not from Kentucky, I've only been 4 times (for job interviews in Lexington), so I cannot say that I know anything about Kentucky, besides it's a beautiful state, with some of the nicest folks...

With my limited knowledge of Kentucky, I can tell the problem is YOU. If you hate the people you are around, it shows, and you shouldn't be surprised when they don't like you.

====

I am from Buffalo, NY, and it is nice to hear people on this board in particular talking negatively about illegals. We don't have a big problem where I am from, but it's getting there, and the idiot Liberals in NY don't want to do a thing about it... Which is why I went to KY to look for jobs after I graduate college in a couple months. Y'all have a great state, and I hope it stays that way. If I move there, I won't try and change it like some Northerners do. I like the political winds there... and that's all I'll say about that...

Old 09-14-2009, 04:59 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
How do you know the ones trying to make good for their families are here illegally? Or do you just brand them all illegal just because you don't like them? I agree there probably are illegals. I bet there are more here legally than illegal.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
If an employer really wanted to weed out the illegals, he would leak out a rumor that ICE was coming tomorrow to check out ID papers.

Fire the ones that stay home that day.

To some employers, that would mean over 50% of his workforce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky