Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 AM

12 posts, read 62,460 times

Advertisements

I'm a single father raising 2 boys with no family around.Just me and my boys.I'm looking for a friendly place to call home in Kentucky.I work for one of the top 2 home improvement stores (HD) and they allow me to transfer anywhere in the U.S.I live in Mi. rght now but don't want to raise my kids here.Not a very friendly atmosphere for my kids and I foresee things getting worse for Mi.(economy)I would like any info on any H-Depots in your area.Looking for a store with friendly people.Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.Thanks to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 04:34 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,732,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcten View Post
I'm a single father raising 2 boys with no family around.Just me and my boys.I'm looking for a friendly place to call home in Kentucky.I work for one of the top 2 home improvement stores (HD) and they allow me to transfer anywhere in the U.S.I live in Mi. rght now but don't want to raise my kids here.Not a very friendly atmosphere for my kids and I foresee things getting worse for Mi.(economy)I would like any info on any H-Depots in your area.Looking for a store with friendly people.Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.Thanks to all.

There are at least a half dozen Home Depots in the Louisville area, including S Indiana suburbs. The one I go to has very friendly and helpful folks. It is located on Hurstbourne Pkwy in Louisville. I think you will find the economy and weather much better in Louisville. It still has some major city amenities, but it is small enough to be pretty friendly. Louisville is growing at a healthy and steady rate, and it is making major improvements to its urban core. I always tell people to go to this site and read about the city...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisville,_Kentucky
its a great time to be here in Louisville or Luhvul as many locals call it. Other parts of KY outside of Louisville and perhaps N Ky may be a bit of a culture shock to you coming from up north.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:40 PM

850 posts, read 3,157,774 times
Default Criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcten View Post
Hi! So glad you are choosing to look at Kentucky. What other criteria do you have for the move? Home Depot is located in many cities and s. Indiana as stx said - so you have many choices.

Would you prefer a rural setting, city? What are you looking for in a school environment for the kids?

Would be happy to post some links - just need a little more of your likes and dislikes.

Friendly people do abound here - so you are headed in the right direction!

KimmieyKY

Old 02-01-2007, 12:52 PM

5 posts, read 16,186 times
mjcten,

I also live in Mi and agree about not wanting to raise children here. People are rude and have no sense of values. My family and I also plan on moving to Kentucky too very soon. For alot of the same reasons. I hope you move to Kentucky is successful. Good luck in your adventure to you and your boys.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM

246 posts, read 1,056,823 times
Default highliner

Kentucky's central, northern , and western regions are wide open to development of the type that you suggest. The area around Louisville would be an excellent area to choose, as would Lexington, albeit to a lesser extent. Just so long as you stay out of eastern Ky, especially if you're black, I think you'll find plenty of opportunities and friendly, open minded folks. But, the very first place that you should look into is the Louisville metro area, if you want a progressive-yet-highly urban environment. Good luck, and welcome to the Bluegrass State, should you ultimately decide to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: