Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 AM

145 posts, read 518,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
dont care much for sweet tea.....
That's ok...we aren't all perfect...ha. Would you like some sweet tea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman1 View Post
Two words......Teachers Union.

Would you like some sweet tea?
I would love some tea thank you!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:06 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
I don't like tea.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:11 PM

276 posts, read 792,853 times
Default I'd love to live and teach in your area!

Quote:
lack of good public schools? rest assured my good friend I myself am a teacher in the Harlan County School District. My school was one of the tops in the entire states when it came to CATS testing last year. Once again, I think we are getting along just fine
Jamie:
I am in the process of receiving my KY License. I am from CA; therefore, I have yet to receive any interest for my post on the KY Teaching Jobs database. I have been here in FL caring for an elderly mother that passed away several months ago, and I am very interested in moving to eastern KY. I love the people as well as the natural beauty of the area. Unfortunately, I have concluded that there is no interest in me. I have been out of education for quite awhile; however, I returned to school and earned an MA in Education and an MA in English. I was interested in a high school position. All of my required documentation has been submitted to Frankfort, and I have a CA license that is active until 2013. I have come to the conclusion that since I haven't been able to teach for several years, I might be considered to be too old. I'd love to teach in Harlan County or the surrounding region, but nobody appears to be interested in me!
Take care,
David

Old 07-09-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
I don't like tea.
I bet you say "pop" too Just kidding! Not everyone likes tea as suprising as it is.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM

200 posts, read 806,968 times
Honestly, the education field is very tight as is all other jobs here in Eastern Kentucky. Here in Harlan County, we just consolidated the three county high schools to form one so positions in the high school certification area are tight to say the least. My personal advice to you would be to maybe contact possibly Laurel County. That is in the London area and seems to be growing at a pretty nice pace. It isnt too far from Harlan either. The ecconomy just isnt that great and where many parts of eastern Kentucky is losing population there have been alot of positions cut in many of the districts including Harlan County in recent years. Other than the London area you might consider Northern Kentucky, I notice there are tons of vaccancies in that area. You can check out vaccancies in the various districts on kde.com. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors and hopeful move to the bluegrass!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I bet you say "pop" too Just kidding! Not everyone likes tea as suprising as it is.
Why yes I do say "pop."

Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Why yes I do say "pop."
I'll forgive ya this time hun

Old 07-10-2008, 04:16 PM

276 posts, read 792,853 times
Quote:
Honestly, the education field is very tight as is all other jobs here in Eastern Kentucky. Here in Harlan County, we just consolidated the three county high schools to form one so positions in the high school certification area are tight to say the least. My personal advice to you would be to maybe contact possibly Laurel County. That is in the London area and seems to be growing at a pretty nice pace. It isnt too far from Harlan either. The ecconomy just isnt that great and where many parts of eastern Kentucky is losing population there have been alot of positions cut in many of the districts including Harlan County in recent years. Other than the London area you might consider Northern Kentucky, I notice there are tons of vaccancies in that area. You can check out vaccancies in the various districts on kde.com. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors and hopeful move to the bluegrass!
Thanks Jamie. I will continue to check around!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:20 AM

325 posts, read 1,125,096 times
Blue62, Like you, I was born and raised in Cinti. My mother wa raised in Freeburn. So we grew up coming here a couple times a year. I could not wait to be able to move here. I married a KY boy from Leslie county and after 3 years was able to get to Pike county to raise my family. We have been here since 77 and I still love it. Our girls were able to start and finish school with the same friends, which was important to me.I had to go to 9 different schools. I am proud to say that in 2002 I officially became a Hillbilly during Hillybilly Days. I usually tay on the Cinti site but thought I would check out ky this morning. I'm glad I did, it was nice to share. Hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky