Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM

126 posts, read 620,828 times

Advertisements

Looking at moving to Louisville, Germantown/Highlands by one person's recommendations, in January (depending on how soon my hubby can get a job in HVAC after he grads in early Dec--one job market that is going up). I was wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations for an honest, trustworthy realtor in this area. (Or even for HVAC companies ) It is certainly hard just picking someone out of a haystack of websites. I'd love to hear! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfish View Post
Looking at moving to Louisville, Germantown/Highlands by one person's recommendations, in January (depending on how soon my hubby can get a job in HVAC after he grads in early Dec--one job market that is going up). I was wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations for an honest, trustworthy realtor in this area. (Or even for HVAC companies ) It is certainly hard just picking someone out of a haystack of websites. I'd love to hear! Thank you!
My personal advice would be stay away from them. They will steer you towards where they can make the most profits. They are salesman! I would first explore the Highlands/Germantown region. I would also explore other urban areas, including downtown, Old Louisville/Butchertown, and Clifton/Crescent Hill/St. Matthews.

After you have seen the areas and noticed some for sale signs, see which ones best suit your needs.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 AM

25 posts, read 182,057 times
Hey stx, that's a pretty crummy thing to say about Realtors. Most of us are genuinely concerned with our clients well being and future. I won't say there aren't agents that should be avoided, but that's the case in every walk of life!!

Ladyfish-
I definitely think you want to find an agent you can trust. Most people are pretty good judges of character, let your gut be your guide when picking your agent. Make sure you've got someone on your side looking out for your interests. I Also own a construction company and might be able to help you with the HVAC contractor as well. Let me know if I can be of assistance!!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjewell View Post
Hey stx, that's a pretty crummy thing to say about Realtors. Most of us are genuinely concerned with our clients well being and future. I won't say there aren't agents that should be avoided, but that's the case in every walk of life!!

Ladyfish-
I definitely think you want to find an agent you can trust. Most people are pretty good judges of character, let your gut be your guide when picking your agent. Make sure you've got someone on your side looking out for your interests. I Also own a construction company and might be able to help you with the HVAC contractor as well. Let me know if I can be of assistance!!
After being led down the wrong path, I am pretty cynical about realtors! But hey, you may be a great one. There are great people in every profession, sometimes its just hard to find them!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:02 PM

No doubt some realtors are good . . . will be contacting you via PM billy All input is welcome!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
After being led down the wrong path, I am pretty cynical about realtors! But hey, you may be a great one. There are great people in every profession, sometimes its just hard to find them!
Also stx12499, we have a very limited budget and therefore shouldn't have any problem having to steer realtors away from the more expensive areas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky